“Inglourious Basterds” New York Screening

Despite being the human equivalent to a magpie and being instantly attracted to anything the sparkles, I’m not in love with Diane Kruger’s embellished Miu Miu mini dress as I don’t think it flatters her.

I feel like tugging the skirt down as it sits too high for my liking.

She completed her vixen look with bright red lips and black strappy heels.

Diane’s co-star Mélanie Laurent faired much better wearing a Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2009 Couture black ensemble.

The look consisted of a black pencil skirt, patent waist belt and a sheer halter top, which she lined from the runway version.

Black peep-toes and a black Christian Louboutin clutch completed the look.

Love the look, but I’m not at all crazy about her hair.

Michelle Monaghan looked outstanding wearing a navy blue Rachel Roy Resort 2010 dress with sculptural peaked shoulders.

The bold shoulder is not an easy look to pull off, but Michelle does with ease.

Manolo Blahnik white strappy sandals and a silver cuff complete the look.

Rachel Roy modified Spring 2009 strapless dress to become a spaghetti strapped taupe dress with a less revealing metallic neckline.

Her look is made more interesting with a chunky silver necklace from Michael Kors Fall 2009 collection.

I like designers like Rachel, Donatella Versace and recently Georgina Chapman who modify their own designs to make them more individual.  Take notes Mrs B.

I LOVE Agyness Deyn here.

For once the British model looks glamorous even though she’s wearing a Rocky Horror Show t-shirt.

There’s something about the neatness of her look that I’m drawn too. The sleek bob, the pencil skirt, the red Lulu Guinness lips clutch, her gold strappy Méchante of London’s ‘Elektra’ Rose python heels and the cleanliness of it all.

Not a hint of grunge in sight.

Alexa Chung’s style is not to my liking, but I do appreciate her shirt with a studded collar, plus her H&M skirt, but I can’t bare the greasy hair.

I don’t understand how greasy hair became so trendy.

Actress Julia Stiles looked smart and chic wearing a white satin dress, with an ivory criss cross detail that goes across her back.

She paired her dress with gold gladiator sandals and a white clutch.

Olivia Palermo bucked the short and sassy trend at this event and opted for a ruffled maxi Kate Moss for Topshop dress.

Although she does look elegant and she has added a pony tail to her trademark hairstyle, I can’t help feel a bit bored by her look.

The edgy New Yorker appears to have soften her look.

Melissa George made a huge statement wearing a bold red dress to this screening.

The star was very sophisticated in scarlet as she added black accessories including a studded peep-toes.

Eva Amurri where is your bra?

With twins like those they need support.

Emmanuelle Chriqui at least wore a bra, even though I can see it under her white Kain Label Pocket Tee.

Her electric blue clutch punches up her laid-back look.

Socialite Fabiola Beracasa channels her inner Victoria Beckham wearing a ridiculous headband whilst ruining her gorgeous plum Alexander Wang one-sleeve jersey dress.

Credit: Wireimage

Christian Louboutin's ON SALE

Christian Louboutin’s ON SALE

In Fabiola Beracasa's Closet - Alexander Wang One-Sleeve Jersey Dress

In Fabiola Beracasa’s Closet – Alexander Wang One-Sleeve Jersey Dress

43 Comments

43 Responses to “Inglourious Basterds” New York Screening

1. Ally August 18, 2009 at 15:05 #

Such a strange mismash of looks. Half of these ladies look like they are going to a rock concert or just hanging out on a corner (ahem, if you catch my drift) and then Julia, Michelle and Diane look like they are going to a proper premiere… Probably my least favorite outfit I have ever seen on Diane though :(.

2. Aideen August 18, 2009 at 15:06 #

That has to be the best i’ve ever seen Agyness Deyn look before, never liked/understood her style before this. Also Julia Stiles looks great, she usually looks a bit frumpy, love her but frumpy. There’s no point talking about Lindsay Lohan’s outfit, so i wont!

3. Goodie August 18, 2009 at 15:12 #

Lindsay Lohan is plain awful…

4. Mimi August 18, 2009 at 15:17 #

“With her newly plumped lips Lindsay Lohan walked the red carpet looking a disheveled mess, but then what’s new about that?

I’m sure the actress got many calls from Britney Spears last night, asking for her ratty extensions back.” LOL

I just don’t like Agyness Deyn though and think Jourdan Dunn should be the model representing British modelling at events like these.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 15:19 #

Yes but as Jourdan is now pregnant, I don’t think we will be seeing her for a while

• Mimi August 18, 2009 at 15:20 #

I know but even before then she was noticeable by her absence. I’m sure she will be back though as she is just stunning.

5. isabel August 18, 2009 at 15:41 #

Michelle Monaghan for best dressed of the week!!!!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 15:48 #

for sure. She was the best dressed at this event imo

6. ~**juDee**~ August 18, 2009 at 15:44 #

LOLOLOL @ britney calling for her “ratty extensions”!!! i choked on my smoothie when i read that!! but indeed she does look like-no, she IS- a ridiculously scorching mess!!
    my heart jumped for joy when i saw agyness….vast improvement that is definately for the better. For once it doesn’t seem like she thinks shes too cool for school….hopefully she’ll keep it up

7. kaltham August 18, 2009 at 15:53 #

i think Eva Amurri doesn’t a bra.. her boobies look perfect lol

8. mol August 18, 2009 at 15:55 #

I love Michelle Monaghan’s combination of navy with white shoes, and the stitching/seam detailing on her dress makes it a standout. Julia Stiles represents youthful perfection to me here, and I’ve always loved Agness Deyn.

9. Adad August 18, 2009 at 15:58 #

LOL.You’re obsessed with Britney Spears and her extensions.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 16:09 #

:) baffled at how someone so rich can have poor quality extensions

• Adad August 18, 2009 at 16:42 #

Well,maybe she doesn’t care.She goes on stage every night,having her hair done.I don’t think she cares how she looks.

10. Hermione Weasley August 18, 2009 at 16:00 #

Oh I was waiting to know what Melissa George was wearing :P

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 16:09 #

not sure, but I will add her

11. marvel August 18, 2009 at 16:02 #

How is that only Michelle and Julia look fit to go to a premier whereas the rest look like they should be at a Kings of Leon concert?? BTW I like the fact that Agyness has toned down her look and not in your face, but still not warming up to the look. At least she has controlled that hair of hers!!

12. Camilla August 18, 2009 at 16:42 #

I like Diane’s look, the shape is difficult to pull off but it keeps your attention on the detail of the dress rather than the body it’s hugging. I think if this was just plain material it would not work, but the shape compensates for the intricate beaded detail: personally I favour it over the Armani from last week, in that respect. I hope it’s at the very least a back-up in the BDOTW poll!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 16:44 #

she can be a back-up :)

13. robbie August 18, 2009 at 16:58 #

diane, it looks like something skanky cyrus would wear which is not a good thing.

michelle, i love everything about it. she is simply beautiful!

rachel, i like the dress but not with the necklace. the dress is more light and elegant but added that chunky necklace, not good!

agyness, i really love her outfit and i love that she sticks to her style and not try to be someone she isnt. i have got to have that t-shirt!!!!!

alexa, didnt she used to be pretty stylish and elegant a year ago. now she just looks blah the whole outfit looks rushed and something you would wear if leaving the house quickly.

julia, it is pretty but there is always something slighty dull about her outfits. plus im not a fan of her sandals.

olivia *yawns* im sick of her she just drives me nuts. she always seems to do the same facial expressions alot. dress is nice but looks pretty dull on her.

eva, as a herve leger hater it pains me to say it but i like this look ALOT. she looks amazing.

emmanuelle, very nice but the visible bra is killing it for me though, dont these women know there is such a thing as a nude coloured bra? or even white.

lindsey, WHO THE HELL INVITES HER TO THESE EVENTS! seriously who would invite her to this premiere, she looks a frickin mess! she looks like a barbie doll after a 5 year has cut the hair.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 17:05 #

LOL I wonder why myself

14. Chiara August 18, 2009 at 17:00 #

Wow New York is the place to be!!!

You’re right about linsay lohan, what a mess and thoses extensions :( … Too sad.

15. ber August 18, 2009 at 17:01 #

Here’s a picture of Jennifer Esposito from the same event:

Similar look to Alexa Chung, but so much nicer.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 17:04 #

i saw it thanks

16. JULIE August 18, 2009 at 17:35 #

Hey
    about Melanie Laurent, the other main female actress of the Tarantino movie?????. she was wearing Alexandre Vauthier Couture collection, one of the new most talented french designer in Paris

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 17:47 #

thanks for the id. I was wondering who she was.

• JULIE August 19, 2009 at 13:30 #

thanks for adding melanie’s look :)
        she was although @ the premiere of LA for ungloriious bastards … she was wearing an alice temperley dress and very privee nude open toes christian louboutin …
        by the way i just love your website

17. lily August 18, 2009 at 17:39 #

I think Diane is wearing Miu Miu- not sure though. :)

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 17:55 #

Hmmm. I couldn’t find it. I;m sure it will announced soon.

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 17:56 #

Haa.. People.com just confirmed it is Miu Miu

Thanks

• lily August 18, 2009 at 18:04 #

Haha, I was clicking to various Miu Miu shows on style.com because the cut seemed so familiar to me but I couldn’t find Diane’s dress either.
        So thanks to people.com for being helpful once! :D

18. Dana August 18, 2009 at 17:47 #

For once, I’m disappointed in Diane’s look.

She still looks better than most starlets do on any given day, but I usually rely on Diane to blow everyone else out of the water. This time she just looks okay.

Michelle looks fantastic, though!

19. SydneyCheapChic August 18, 2009 at 19:56 #

Michelle for Best Dressed as well.. how effortlessly chic!

I actually don’t mind Diane Kruger’s look.. i think she looks great… no offense FC but i think the comment on her look this time around being unflattering is a bit contradictory to her critics choice win last week because the versace despite being unique was totally unflattering and unwear(sit)able..

anyways.. just my 2c.. please dont be offended. Still <3 <3 your work!

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 20:01 #

:) don’t worry no offense at all.

20. Laura August 18, 2009 at 23:57 #

Michelle definitely best dressed. And I blame the greasy hair trend on Rob Pattinson. Or Hollywoods obsession with him.

21. AJoanna August 19, 2009 at 02:06 #

Loving Michelle’s look- the color and the shoes especially. She looks so classy.
    As for Lindsay– she looks so old! =O I feel so bad for her.

22. Pablo August 19, 2009 at 07:06 #

So great to see Michelle Monaghan again on the red carpet!! She’s looking awesome!! :)

Some nasty looks to this event by the way… I’ll just pretend Michelle was the only one to attend!! ;)

ps.- what on earth is that black and blue thing or bag that’s lying on the photo call floor in some of the pics? :s

23. Flora August 19, 2009 at 11:53 #

I love Michelle, she always gives us something different. This is a shoe-in for BD if you ask me – perfect from her hair down to her toes.

Btw, Vanessa Ferlito was also at this event wearing an outfit that looked very similar to Brenda Song’s Alexander Wang number at the Teen Choice Awards last month – do you know if it was the same dress?

24. Mare August 19, 2009 at 15:48 #

This Alexa Chung always looks the same

25. Montreal Fashion Minds August 19, 2009 at 18:54 #

“I’m sure the actress got many calls from Britney Spears last night, asking for her ratty extensions back.” – LOL I was totally thinking that!

26. Martin August 20, 2009 at 09:46 #

Fabiola Beracasa is a real worry. Any woman who can destroy Chanel couture (we’re talking over $150,000 worth of couture here) like she did at this year’s Met Costume Institute Gala should be banned from any red carpet, for all eternity. In this ensemble here, she proves the point.

27. c August 28, 2010 at 07:27 #

call me crazy
    but i really like lindays shoes
    she looks great… from the ankles down
    can anybody identify them?