17.08.09

Social Events Of The Weekend

Svedka Adult Playground Presents Brent Bolthouse Photography Exhibit, LA

I said to myself last week that Kim Kardashian’s lighter locks would grow on me, but it hasn’t yet. I still really dislike the look.

At this event she wore an Alexander Wang denim corset top with a black mini skirt, oversized blazer and black pumps.

Like the look, hate the hair.

Nicky Hilton is getting a lot of wear out of her Christian Louboutin Very Prive studded peep-toe pumps which she pairs with a cute floral Topshop dress.

Rumor Willis Celebrates Her 21st Birthday at TAO, Las Vegas

For once I don’t hate Rumer Willis look – although I’m not crazy about her shoe choice – but I love her silver mini sparkling Toni Maticevski dress.

I was confident if she dyed her hair back to its original dark colour this would improve her overall look, and it shows here.

Audrina Patridge helped celebrate Rumer’s 21st birthday.

She arrived wearing a micro LBD from Alice + Olivia like only she can, with predictable black peep-toes.

Catalyst at Terranea Resort, LA

AnnaLynne McCord paired a pink layered tank with black pants and sexy black t-bar heels with gold trims.

Camille Guaty looked really cute wearing a ultra girlie Jill Stuart strapless floral dress which she accessorized with a chunky gold necklace and gold strappy Jimmy Choo sandals.

It looks like Victoria Beckham isn’t the only ex-Spice Girl to become stale.

Melanie Brown is wearing a Herve Leger dress which Sophia Bush and Leona Lewis wore a year ago with snake-skin Christian Louboutin Differa sandals.

The TAG Heuer Cocktail Reception, Toronto

With a blue and grey sleeved Thuy Fall 2009 dress, Maria Sharapova wore her favourite Coe Haan heels whilst carrying a gold clutch.

Boa Restuarant, LA

Even off the red carpet Amanda Bynes still opts for LBDs to go dinner with friends.

The fact that both her heels and clutch are not black, is a step in the right direction.

Playhouse nightclub, Las Vegas

Aubrey O’Day wore a multi-coloured striped Herve Leger Fall 2008 dress with ivory Christian Louboutin Differa sandals.

I do like her dress mostly because of the colour, but also because she’s not spilling out of it.

Credit: Style.com, PacificCoastNews & Wireimage

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

Runway To "My Fair Lady" Press Conference - Yoon Eun Hye In Louis Vuitton & Moon Chae Won In Versace

Runway To “My Fair Lady” Press Conference – Yoon Eun Hye In Louis Vuitton & Moon Chae Won In Versace

14 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. Camilla August 17, 2009 at 14:10 #

The differa sandals are really starting to pee me off. Enough! Maria Sharapova looks great here, slightly odd tan but can’t fault the outfit. Mel B’s make-up looks like it’s a week old, and hadn’t Bynes worn that dress before?

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 14:12 #

I think you are right about Bynes

• marvel August 17, 2009 at 14:26 #

I think she wore the same dress to the Maxim Party.
        So stale and boring. I feel like smashing my Laptop because she is soooooo annoying

2. Rebecca August 17, 2009 at 14:18 #

The differa sandals seem to becoming the YSL trib two of 2009, they are everywhere.

3. Gaber August 17, 2009 at 15:09 #

YAY!
    I love it when Kim does not disappoint and ends up looking badly. You seriously do NOT want to wear that top with anything that covers it up, since it ends up looking like she just went with a too small top and now her bra is peeping out
    So insanely better on the model!

4. justme August 17, 2009 at 15:23 #

It’s not just the hair, something is very off with Kim’s face. Cute outfit though.

In a world filled with flat iron junkies, Annalynne’s hair is just refreshing to see. I like it.

5. Ally August 17, 2009 at 16:23 #

It pains me to say it, but Aubrey actually looks good. I think I would still like the dress better on someone else, but good for her.

6. Alexandra August 17, 2009 at 17:21 #

i agree on Kim’s hair but the outfit is lovely. hasn’t she lost weight? her legs look amazing!

7. Chiara August 17, 2009 at 17:52 #

You’re right about Mel B, but her body looks really good in the dress. Same thing with Aubrey, the dress is really nice and she really fits it well.

8. SarahV August 17, 2009 at 19:10 #

OMG!! This is about the first time I REALLY liked a Herve Leger dress – and it’s on Aubrey O’Day. I can’t believe I’m saying this.

9. ~**juDee**~ August 17, 2009 at 20:25 #

i reallly reallly do not like those differa sandals…..seeing them on lindsay lohan and mel brown (bless her) at the same time *shudders* put me right off…..come to think of it, i don’t like them at all. i find them somewhat tacky looking-as if they belong on beyonce’s feet

10. electra August 17, 2009 at 21:54 #

I don’t care if Mel B wore a year old dress, she wore it the best, her body is amazing.

11. Martin August 18, 2009 at 02:15 #

Thank heavens that Rumer finally got it (almost) right. However, if you can’t pull out something decent for an event as significant as your 21st birthday, there is something definitely wrong. The rest are underwhelming.

12. Aly August 18, 2009 at 02:40 #

OH. MY. GOD. I think Aubrey looks absolutely gorgeous and I like the look. I…nev..er though I would say that. I’m shocked.