This is a HUGE improvement from Victoria Beckham’s look on Day 1 of the “American Idol” Boston auditions.

On that day Victoria looked like a 60 year old woman wearing a ridiculous lace headband.

It’s a huge improvement yet I’m still bored.

Bored because yet again she is wearing a dress from her own collection.

Bored because I feel like I’ve seen it all before.

Bored because the combination is the same:
– YSL Trib Two’s matching the dress
Cutler & Gross sunglasses
– Dress from her own collection

Nothing here is original, new or exciting and Victoria used to give this to us EVERY time she stepped out of her house, even if it was to go shopping at the Grove.

Victoria please mix it up a little. Your stunning Loewe look a few weeks ago feels like a long and distant memory.

We’ve had Boring Biel, are we seeing Boring Beckham?

[nggallery id=155]

Credit: Fame Pictures & Style.com

In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Christian Louboutin Leopard Print Ankle Boots

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Christian Louboutin Leopard Print Ankle Boots

Runway To "Shorts" LA Premiere - Leslie Mann In Oscar de la Renta

Runway To “Shorts” LA Premiere – Leslie Mann In Oscar de la Renta

26 Responses to Runway To American Idol Boston Auditions Day 2 – Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. Tania August 17, 2009 at 10:34 #

I always thought she wore DVB sunglasses, from a business point of view she has to wear her own designs to promote them. I know what you mean from our point of view we want more from her style-wise but that’s one of the thing I like about her she is a wise business woman.

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 10:36 #

She didn’t all the time, but she’s partnering with Cutler & Gross to design a new line of sunglasses. So that’s why we see her wearing their brand at the moment

• Lara August 17, 2009 at 10:56 #

I also hope that Victoria mixes it up a little bit, but as Tania said, she’s a business woman. It’s like Donatella or Georgina who also always wear their own desings.

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 11:06 #

I agree, but at least Donatella and Georgina’s collections do not revolve around a very limited colour palette and a pencil dress exposed zipper style.

2. Tania August 17, 2009 at 10:49 #

See what I mean about her business sense.

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 10:55 #

oh yes :)

3. Pen Pen August 17, 2009 at 11:05 #

Vera Wang and Georgia Chapman always wear their designs too but obviously their clothes are more diversified that’s why VB nowadays seems to be boring.
    But what gets me is that she seems to be so thin lately, even the model looks like a over weight person next to her.

4. Martin August 17, 2009 at 11:07 #

Look, this isn’t bad. Bit boring yes, but compared to what she pulled out late last week this is a look of sheer genius and beauty.

• ace August 17, 2009 at 12:16 #

agreed and i think u cant say much that she is styling her hair. we have not seen that for a while.

5. boogie August 17, 2009 at 11:13 #

the look is boring, but the dress is gorgeous!!!

6. Adrien August 17, 2009 at 11:22 #

Of course she’s wearing her own collection… she’s gonna be seen by millions of viewers… That would be a HUGE mistake if she didn’t!

And at least she doesn’t look like an old lady this time!

7. marvel August 17, 2009 at 11:46 #

I have never been a big fan of Victoria (I personally found her borig and bland) but her fashion sense was always diverse and she almost always gave us something different (even if it didnt work) But now I have completely given up on her. She is starting to become like Amanda Bynes – stale and predictable.

She could wear a gorgeous dress but I would still hate it on her.

• alyss August 17, 2009 at 12:17 #

My thoughts exactly- I was just about to writing this. :)

• marvel August 17, 2009 at 13:15 #

;)

8. Ally August 17, 2009 at 12:48 #

I really like the dress but how hot would it be in crimson or emerald??

9. Matt August 17, 2009 at 13:38 #

Maybe she’s keeping up a theme for American Idol, She should also make up her mind about her hair.

Boy do I want that wristwatch..

10. Rebecca August 17, 2009 at 14:08 #

I miss the old VB. The one who stepped out in bright Marc Jacobs dresses in an array of colours no matter where she went.

I know she’s going for a more sophisticated look these days but she used to be so much more exciting

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 14:09 #

I agree. Hopefully she will realise sophisticated doesn’t mean boring.

11. Harris August 17, 2009 at 15:06 #

I can understand everyone getting tired of seeing her only wear her collections, but she is just promoting her fashion line. It’s new. She is being her best advertisement by wearing the dresses herself. And clearly it is working. I think the dresses are beautiful and she is just proving that she herself even wears her own designs. Nobody thinks twice when Donatella Versace only wears her own dresses. She is a new designer and I think she is smart to wear her own line as much as she does.

• Fashion Critic August 17, 2009 at 15:30 #

I find the Donatella comparison painful

Donatella ALWAYS modifies her dresses. So always gives us something new

There is nothing wrong with her promoting her line, but the dresses are so similar that they all roll into one

• The one August 19, 2009 at 12:20 #

She cant have as diverse options as Donatella, she’s only had two releases, i think people are being too stodgy!

• Emaratioryx (R) August 19, 2009 at 16:27 #

I agree with The one. Who would advertise her clothes other than herself ? She’s much classier than ever.. This look is one of my favorite of hers (Y)

12. Jarrold August 17, 2009 at 18:39 #

Im just glad her face is OK, because on Day 1 she looked a mess.

13. Georgia Maude August 17, 2009 at 19:27 #

My god, the close-up of her feet in those shoes looks like Minnie Mouse!

Sigh, I love her style–I love that she dresses, no matter the occasion–but she really needs to “spice up her life!”

14. magjaysc August 17, 2009 at 22:28 #

I love her fashions…and the shoes are smashing…

15. Lisa-kaye August 18, 2009 at 10:02 #

I totally agree 100%, this look is sooo boring and predictable.
    I used to be obsessed with VB’s style and although i understand she is promoting her collection, she looks so bland all the time now, even when shes not promoting her line.
    And i absolutely hate YSL trib two’s, theyre the ugliest shoe ever!!!