I was not surprised you picked Queen Bee aka Leighton Meester as your Best Dressed this week. But I was surprised by how much she won the poll by.

It was a landslide victory. You guys really loved her Louis Vuitton striped dress with red Brian Atwood heels.

I don’t think anyone has ever won my such a large margin.

I picked Diane Kruger wearing her stunning Atelier Versace dress.

What I loved about this dress is that it’s something we have never seen before.

No stripes, No ruffles, No floral prints…it’s totally unique.  Made completely from coloured crystals.

This Atelier Versace Fall 2009 preview has left me hungry for more, and wondering how Diane was able to sit in this dress.

Credit: Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

In Audrina Patridge's Closet - J Brand "Out Of Control" Jeans

In Audrina Patridge’s Closet – J Brand “Out Of Control” Jeans

26 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Leighton Meester In Louis Vuitton & Diane Kruger In Atelier Versace

1. Lauren August 16, 2009 at 18:04 #

I had a feeling you where going to choose Diane! From your posts about this outfit I could tell you loved it! And Im not surprised, she looks gorgeous in it. I would loved to have seen Kate Bosworth in it instead though…

I personally went for Leighton. I was trying to vote for Rachel but I just couldn’t bring myself to not vote for Leighton! She was perfection!

• Fashion Critic August 16, 2009 at 18:34 #

I do try to hide my love for particular things to remain impartial, but I just couldn’t in this case :)

2. Methedrine August 16, 2009 at 18:35 #

They both deserved it

3. Symon August 16, 2009 at 18:39 #

Not happy to be a Reader at this moment lol.

Sorry i can’t believe she is the best dressed for the readers .
    btw you picked Diane and i agree she was my 2nd choice.

4. kaltham August 16, 2009 at 19:15 #

haha, i too wonder how she sat in such dress..

5. Alexandra August 16, 2009 at 19:34 #

i think Leighton won because her Louis Vuitton doesn’t really loke like Louis Vuitton. No strange accesories, no printed leggins, tigh high boots, all that stuff. She showed us that LV is not only for people like Madonna or Rihanna who would wear anything just to be talked about. It’s entirely new and she totally owns it.

6. JacobGH August 16, 2009 at 20:08 #

yay, i voted for diane! glad that she got your vote FC. i think that maybe the butt area of diane’s dress were covered with a different kind of crystal that wasn’t glass? that would allow her to sit. FC, you got the sketches, what does it look like?? inquiring minds want to know.

-JGH

• Fashion Critic August 16, 2009 at 20:15 #

i only received one sketch from the front

7. Ester August 16, 2009 at 20:37 #

I prefer Angelina or Diane. The Leighton´s dress is nice but the others are better.

Kisses

8. Ingrid August 16, 2009 at 20:58 #

i voted for leighton, i think she looked amazing. the dress was gorgeous, the hair was perfect with it, and the shoes added that something extra. and her legs look amazing! as lauren said above “she was perfection!”

9. Talita August 16, 2009 at 21:18 #

I voted For Leighton because she looked amazing in the dress, her skin is glowing, her legs so fit and of course her confidence. The dress with the heels made a great combination. Diane’s dress is beyond gorgeous but for me she’s not glowing as Leighton. The other thing I didn’t liked was the fact that the dress was so heavy that in some pictures we could see her butt.

10. In my opinon August 16, 2009 at 21:43 #

Leighton won because of her amazing look. SHe would have won in the worst dress ever, just because she plays on Gossip Girl. Its really annoying.

11. ruth Lee August 16, 2009 at 22:26 #

THANK YOU for picking diane.

12. Gina August 16, 2009 at 22:45 #

Leighton Meester best dressed of the week?
    she just stole Sophia Bush TCA style from two years ago ,from shoes to make up.
    maybe was better that way lol when she tries to be original she often just looks ridiculous

• marvel August 16, 2009 at 23:46 #

Ha ha. It is reminiscent of Sophia in 2007. But TBH Leighton did look good (not as good as Sophia though ;)

• sara August 17, 2009 at 07:47 #

I totally agree. This look reminds me of the outfit miss Bush wore to the TCA 2007, total rip-off from Meesters part. Sophia looked way better but Leighton pulls it off as well but its a bit too doll-ish for my taste.

13. lucas August 16, 2009 at 23:10 #

I love both choices Leighton is really becoming quite stylish. Diane has never looked bad in my opinion. I also think that the gorgeous Rachel Mcadams deserves credit because she stepped out of her comfort zone by wearing something very sexing, without looking trashy.

14. Dorian Gray. August 17, 2009 at 00:10 #

I love Diane and, as always, Versace! I am waiting for the whole Atelier collection! Thanks FC!

15. Lisa August 17, 2009 at 01:48 #

I knew you’d pick Diane!
    Personally, I don’t like Diane’s dress… I applaud her for never boring me and taking risks with dresses like this one but as original as the dress is, it destroys her very feminine figure. No matter how great a dress seems in theory, if it doesn’t flatter you, most people probably won’t like it.

Leighton on the other hand, makes me green with envy in that outfit. Even if the dress isn’t the most spectacular piece of clothing ever sewn… The way she LOOKS in it is what won her this poll by such a wide margin IMO. She looks like absolute perfection.

16. sara August 17, 2009 at 08:11 #

• marvel August 17, 2009 at 11:44 #

Yep! Sophia looked A LOT better!

17. Martin August 17, 2009 at 08:32 #

I voted for Leighton, but I can see why Fashion Critic went for Diane – there was something so bold and new about her Versace dress. Wonder what this week will hold for Diane, she’s been in sparkling form of late.

18. Birkin Envy August 17, 2009 at 23:12 #

Diane was recently on Alexa Chung’s show… she mentioned that the dress was incredibly heavy and very hard to sit in :)

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 09:08 #

not surprised. :)

19. Ksenia August 18, 2009 at 11:11 #

What do you know about Diane’s shoes?

• Fashion Critic August 18, 2009 at 12:15 #