I hope Victoria Beckham hasn’t watched the movie “Single White Female”, as she would be very afraid of Elle Macpherson right about now. j/k

On the set of “The Beautiful Life” Elle wore yet another dress from Victoria Beckham’s Fall 2009 collection which VB has worn recently.

This time it was the black ‘Giral’ strapless silk dress which Victoria wore when she arrived back from Denver after her judging gig on “American Idol”.

The dress and sunglasses are the same, but the hair is not.

I know this contradicts what I said yesterday about “no one beats VB in her own threads”, but I hated Victoria’s Croydon facelift as it makes her face so harsh, so Elle wins for me.

Victoria’s Giral strapless silk dress is available in purchase from the Net-A-Porter US site for $2,625, and the Net-A-Porter International site for £1,750/€2,188.

Credit: INFDaily.com & Net-A-Porter

Runway To "Sophie's Revenge" Shanghai Premiere - Fan Bingbing In Louis Vuitton

Runway To “Sophie’s Revenge” Shanghai Premiere – Fan Bingbing In Louis Vuitton

In Jennifer Connelly's Closet - RM by Roland Mouret Mistral Wool-Blend Dress

In Jennifer Connelly’s Closet – RM by Roland Mouret Mistral Wool-Blend Dress

14 Responses to Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Victoria Beckham or Elle Macpherson

1. Pen Pen August 14, 2009 at 09:28 #

As much as i love VB, I can’t agree more with you on this one. Firstly, the hair is so bad and secondly, Elle fills this dress so much better.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 09:33 #

In that case you are agreeing with me because I said that Elle looked better in the dress and I said that I hated Victoria’s hair.

I guess you just assumed that I would vote VB.

• Pen Pen August 14, 2009 at 09:45 #

Yeah, I am agreeing with you … sorry for the misquote .

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 09:48 #

Not to worry. I know I have defended VB many times, but not on this occasion.

2. Linda August 14, 2009 at 12:26 #

Thanks, FC, I learned something new today. I have never heard of a Croydon facelift and the meaning behind it. Very cool that you put in that link to wikipedia so people like me could find out what it meant easily. At any rate, it’s a terrible look.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:28 #

I had a feeling not many would get what it meant outside London

3. B2B August 14, 2009 at 13:23 #

I agree that dress suits Elle great, but overall I like VB’s shoes much more and her birkin bag is just divine, so she wins for me:)

4. Alexandra August 14, 2009 at 13:25 #

i actually think VB is the only person who looks really bad in black.

or maybe i’m so over her all-black outfits…

5. Sarah August 14, 2009 at 15:33 #

Easy one for me, not just because VB’s hair is awful (which it is), but I love Elle’s shoes!

6. Amanda August 14, 2009 at 16:14 #

So true. Her forehead looks like it’s going to rip apart any second. She must have had a huge migraine after she took her hair down. Elle just has the body for these type of dresses. It elongates her body even more and her hair is so lovely. Very sexy without bordering on skanky.

7. Megan August 14, 2009 at 16:18 #

katherine jenkins has also just wore this dress with ysl trib two’s though. Out of the three, elle still wears it better

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 16:26 #

Oh what a shame I missed that one. I will have to look out for it as I’m interested to see how Katherine wore the dress.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 17:21 #

just saw it. God look for Jenkins. She has the same Jessica Rabbit figure as VB so it fits her well. If you have a smaller bust like me VB’s dresses don’t flatter.

8. WendyB August 14, 2009 at 17:14 #

I still don’t understand what’s going on with Victoria Beckham and Roland Mouret. I don’t believe for a second he hooked her up with contacts (http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2008/12/how_much_did_roland_mouret_hel.html) and gave her his blessing to design pieces that look just like his without getting a substantial payment for it. I think it’s great for him if he found a creative way to make money and stay in business, but I’d rather buy his own work, which is spectacular, than her version of it. If I want Mouret (I do!) I’ll buy Mouret, thanks.