I’ve said before. What she gives with one hand, she takes away with the other.

Despite being panned by critics as “wooden” and “icy” at the American Idol Denver auditions, Victoria Beckham was in Boston yesterday for her second stint as a judge on the hit show.

Victoria wore a claret red Carmontelle dress from her own fall 2009 collection which is gorgeous, as are her ruby YSL Trib Two pumps, but she looks a hot mess.

I don’t think I have EVER said that about Victoria, but I say it as I see it.

What is up with that lace headband?

It’s so 80’s Madonna. Is VB trying to start a trend?

No VB. No this is not a good look, and this also applies to your make-up.

If it was an attempt to make her appear younger, it’s done the complete opposite.

It’s official she’s thrown in the towel.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Style.com

HBO's Big Love TV Press Conference

HBO’s Big Love TV Press Conference

Alice + Olivia Malibu Dinner

Alice + Olivia Malibu Dinner

41 Responses to Runway To American Idol Boston Auditions – Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. Flora August 14, 2009 at 12:13 #

To be fair, she looks fine from the neck down…

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:16 #

it’s from the shoulders down for me.

Even her neck looks weird

2. michelle August 14, 2009 at 12:21 #

Perhaps she’s had some…shall we say, ‘enhancements,’ done to her face recently? She looks pretty stretched….

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:22 #

Hmmm could be.

• Jarrold August 14, 2009 at 16:50 #

I hope not, maybe its botox or a allergic reaction because her face look weird.

3. Linda August 14, 2009 at 12:22 #

Wow, super unflattering makeup and headband. Really unfortunate since she’s going on TV looking like that!

4. Adrien August 14, 2009 at 12:30 #

just lol!

5. Martin August 14, 2009 at 12:33 #

Um, I’m mystified as to what look she was trying to push here. The headband is bad, the teased hair is even worse, that make-up is worse still.

I don’t think that she’s thrown in the towel, I predict she’ll be so mortified when she sees these photos that she’ll be back to her flawless best next time we see her. I’ll guarantee it.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:34 #

I hope you are right.

• mette August 14, 2009 at 13:39 #

I agree. She’ll be back :o)
      Others have had bad days and they seem to come back – most of them anyway… VB will def be back to her fab self and soon!

6. Ally August 14, 2009 at 12:37 #

Well, since she is doing AI…is it possible that she was just on her way to get her hair done for the show? Maybe she uses the headband for when she is doing her makeup. I don’t do that, but I’ve definitely had roommates that did.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:40 #

I hear your point and for a split second I thought the same too, but VB would never let us see her on her way to do her hair.

I truly believe this look the look she intended for this show.

7. Lexa August 14, 2009 at 12:40 #

she look like her own wax figure at Madame Tussauds!

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 12:41 #

but the wax figure has better hair LOL

8. Flora August 14, 2009 at 12:59 #

I think for me it’s the eye make-up that’s the problem. She looks like she’s been bobbing for apples in a bucket of kohl.

9. mm August 14, 2009 at 13:20 #

OMG, she looks WOODEN,WAXY, and like her hair is very thin and dry

10. Lauren August 14, 2009 at 13:28 #

It kills me to say this but the headband, the hair and the make-up is just hideous.

The dress and the shoes are gorgeous like you said but with that hair and make-up, I can’t fully appreciate it.

Better luck next time VB.

11. ben August 14, 2009 at 13:35 #

What annoys me the most with this outfit is the fact that her shoes don’t match her dress. For someone who is known for being so matchy-matchy, she’s done a terrible job. I also don’t like how patent the leather on the shoes is in contrast to the fabric on the dress.

VB’s look is becoming very stale, I don’t know why you keep rooting for this woman FC! hahaha

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 13:52 #

Because I want her to get back to her best.

I’m starting to realise that this is just not going to happen any time soon.

• ben August 15, 2009 at 01:19 #

there is nothing more crushing than when your fashion icon doesn’t get back to their best, is there?

• Fashion Critic August 15, 2009 at 11:44 #

no. I’m finding it hard be believe she has fallen so drastically.

12. Jasmine August 14, 2009 at 13:36 #

And nobody uses that much hairspray BEFORE getting their hair done. It’s standing on end and looks terrible. Plus, if she hadn’t finished being done up she would have been unlikely to look straight at the camera.

13. ramona August 14, 2009 at 13:38 #

she looks hhoorriibbbllleeeeeeeeeeeeeee

14. ramona August 14, 2009 at 13:39 #

she looks like a grandmother!..her skin is :O and the make-up is not for her …

15. Alexandra August 14, 2009 at 13:42 #

i think it’s the first time i see red trib twos and they’re really pretty, just like the dress in which i fell in love when Leighton wore it… but the overall look is just repulsive. sad but true…

16. Kim August 14, 2009 at 14:38 #

I agree with everyone on this post! LOL

17. FashionLover August 14, 2009 at 14:39 #

To be fair….she’s trying to fit in, do you see how awfully the judges dress up for this show!
    keeping that in mind she’s on track

18. Matt August 14, 2009 at 14:47 #

2009 is soooo not her year. Her outfits, like her hair have become stale and unmanageable. I miss 2007.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 14:51 #

I miss 2006.

She was awesome in Madrid with her sexy Spanish wavy hair

• joy August 14, 2009 at 15:18 #

Being the same age as VB, I don’t think she can get away with the same style younger girls can get away with anymore. That is the whole reason she did a 180 from her Madrid style to her more formal blonde short haircut and Roland dresses. She has been trying to hang on but unfortunately it isn’t working. I completely agree she has lost her way. I love how we are all rooting for her. She is my fav and I love when she looks good. Try again next time. Keep being your feirce self VB!! Show em you still got it!

• Sara August 14, 2009 at 16:24 #

I’m so glad you said that. I thought thay maybe you’d call her style from Madrid, especially her hair as ‘tacky’. Good to know I’m not the only one who loves her 2006 look. Actually, it’s my fav of hers. She looked much younger then.

19. Patricia August 14, 2009 at 15:11 #

Maybe the mess that is from the shoulders up is to help bring some kookiness to the judge role, (lost since Paula’s gone)

Gosh, I miss the old VB. I agree with you FC, it just doesn’t look like it’ll be back anytime soon.

20. Leti August 14, 2009 at 15:55 #

This might be the worst I’ve ever seen VB look. It’s not tacky like some of the things she used to wear, but that almost makes it worse. She took a perfectly good dress, and ruined it, and it’s not even flattering. The makeup, the hair, the shoes (which clash)!

21. SarahV August 14, 2009 at 16:02 #

…isn’t she in her 30’s? She looks 20 years older than she really is!

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 16:07 #

she’s 33 or 34 I think

• Matt August 14, 2009 at 17:55 #

WOW, and Elle McPherson looks younger than her. I don’t really think should would be gracing your best of 09 list. Her collection could, but the designer herself…no

• joy August 14, 2009 at 21:10 #

22. Amanda August 14, 2009 at 16:11 #

The makeup is what gets to me. She’s always trying to start some stupid trend (lace headbands, ugly pilot hats, and those strings that she tied around her ankles when she wore those ridiculous Marc Jacobs shoes), so I’m not surprised that she wore that fugly headband. It’s the makeup that kills me! It makes her look haggard and old and my God — is it me or does smoky eye makeup make her look like a skeleton? She’s so much prettier without ten layers of makeup. She should cut it down to one or two layers so that we can actually recognize her.

23. Jarrold August 14, 2009 at 16:51 #

WHERE HAS MY DIVA GONE!!!! Im hoping this is just a phase. Her face is all wrong, but I love what shes wearing

24. Ivanna August 15, 2009 at 21:00 #

I echo all the aforementioned comments, I dont like writing anything negative about Victoria because I’m such a fan, but when I saw these pictures Ew, was the first thing that came to mind. I hate when she does matching accessories, that’s not creative at all, the dress is obviously a deep red unlike the shoes which are a true red, her maroon Louboutins would’ve looked better with the dress, from the neck up, I’m at a lost for words. I think the fashion icon we all fell in love with is gone – for good

25. Lisa Stone August 17, 2009 at 03:39 #