Within a month Victoria Beckham’s ‘Carmontelle’ cashmere-blend dress has been worn on 3 different shoots.

I was surprised Leighton Meester was the first to wear a Victoria Beckham Fall 2009 dress in claret red, on the set of “Gossip Girl” last month before Victoria.

Her dress was totally Blair-ified with pearls and a trademark headband.

Victoria picked this same dress in grey to wear on the shoot of her ad campaign, which is impressive considering bigger designers like Christian Dior will not shoot a Fall 2009 ad campaign.

This week Elle Macpherson looked younger than her 46 years wearing the same dress in grey on set of “The Beautiful Life”.

It seems the model/actress has studied VB closely getting both the look and the pout right.

For me no one can out do VB in her own threads.

The collection is not only made by her, but made for her so she wins for me, with Elle a very close second.

The Net-A-Porter US site is the only place you can currently buy this stunning dress online for $3,145.

Credit: Flynet Pictures, PacificCoastNews & Net-A-Porter

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons - LAX Airport

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons – LAX Airport

Celebrities Love...The Nina Ricci "Ondine" Bag Collection

Celebrities Love…The Nina Ricci “Ondine” Bag Collection

16 Responses to Who Wore Victoria Beckham Collection Better? Leighton Meester, Victoria Beckham or Elle Macpherson

1. * August 13, 2009 at 08:11 #

I picked Leighton because the colour of the dress and her skin/hair all together look great. I think posh looks kinda boring and I dont like the way the shirt part flares out so much.

2. Martin August 13, 2009 at 08:38 #

Victoria Beckham for me. Without wanting to engage in the whole great weight debate, I believe the dress sits better on her. Elle looks like she’s working it, but it appears too tight and those hippy bands on her wrist sit very uneasily with this sharp, sophisticated dress.

3. Esther August 13, 2009 at 09:28 #

Elle looks great, but her hair is all over her face. Victoria effortlessly wins for me.

4. Mimi August 13, 2009 at 09:38 #

I doubt VB will win this because her unpopularity outweighs any other consideration.

5. ramona August 13, 2009 at 09:46 #

Elle Macpherson wins for me:x i love the hair, i think that she looks quite sexy and i like the bracelets ! :X

6. Mare August 13, 2009 at 10:07 #

i like it better in red

7. katerina August 13, 2009 at 10:22 #

I will pick Leighton, because this dress looks freshier on her. Victoria is so boring in it while Elle’s hair is horrible

8. Louisa August 13, 2009 at 12:51 #

I think Victoria and Elle both look wonderful in this dress! I voted for Elle as I was so impressed to see her in something more smart and classy compared to her usual flowy-boho-beach look. And I like how the dress is given a new lease on life as it quite sexy how it hugs her curves.

And… I love her hair ! I think a structured hairstyle with such a structured dress would make the overall look too severe for most (with the exception obviously being VB who can carry it off).

• Sara August 13, 2009 at 16:11 #

Agree ! Voted for Elle too. Love her hair <3

9. Ally August 13, 2009 at 13:11 #

I like the dress better in red, so I went for Leighton. But Victoria rocks the grey better.

10. AlanaVictoria August 13, 2009 at 13:42 #

Elle totally wins this for me, she looks incredible in this dress! It fits her perfectly and gives what I would say is the desired shape in this dress.
    I like the colour of the red one, but it doesnt really come into the running for me…

11. Chiara August 13, 2009 at 16:41 #

I voted VB for the same reasons as your FC.
    Though I really like what they did for Blair… I was kinda torn.

12. Ewurafua August 14, 2009 at 00:20 #

I voted for Elle…only because of how the dress looks on her. She gets my vote ONLY FROM THE HEAD- DOWN…cos i dont know what’s going on with her hair.
    I liked the red version on Blair/Leighton, but the shoes ruin it. I dislike white shoes…even more than i dislike Elle’s hair!
    As for VB…she is BORING!!! YES I SAID IT…SHE IS BORING!!!! SHE HASNT WOWED ME IN A LONG TIME AND I THINK HER WEIGHT/BODY HAS A ROLE TO PLAY. she would look boyish if not for her breast implants. she also lacks the curves needed for the dress.
    I just saw a picture of her in the red version and she looked at least 50 in it.

13. lstp0136 August 14, 2009 at 07:35 #

am i reading this right?
    Victoria Beckham losing at her own game? and by someone with crazy hair??

14. Jackie August 14, 2009 at 08:26 #

Elle looks trashy – must be the hair.

I don’t like the necklace-scarf thing Blair is sporting because it’s really weird.

Victoria wins this for me because, as you said, it’s not only made by her, it’s made for her.

Wearing VB means you have to be VB or very close. Blair’s look is too complicated which is NOT VB at all… although she could have made it her own and still looked good (unfortunately she didn’t). Elle = trashy.

15. Flora August 14, 2009 at 09:25 #

I vote for none of the above, simply because I feel like I’ve seen a hundred versions of this dress before. I read yesterday that the seamstress for the collection used to work at Roland Mouret – which finally explains what I’ve been wondering for ages; why the entire collection looks like it was designed by him!

Mimi: have you considered that maybe people voted for Leghton and Elle because – shock, horror! – they actually prefer them in the dress, not because there’s some kind of evil campaign against Mrs B? Hard to believe, I know.

Oh, and since Elle is on set, she can hardly be blamed for her hair not being styled, surely?