Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Blake Lively or Angelina Jolie

The Michael Kors Fall 2009 strapless dress with pockets on the hips, and a seaming detail across the bodice has been worn by Blake Lively and Angelina Jolie recently.

Back in June Blake opted for the hot pink wool version when she arrived at the CFDA Awards, pairing her dress with nude Christian Louboutin peep-toes.

I loved the colour on Blake. This is actually one of my favourite looks for her. She seems to be back to her best after being very disappointing on the red carpet in 2008.

If Angelina had worn the hot pink version I think I would have fainted from the shock, but she opted for the sexy leather version, pairing her dress with Dior heels.

Interestingly both women opted to use the pocket detail whilst posing on the red carpet, and both sported that ‘just got out of bed’ hair look.

Ange does look fabulous in this dress – despite the feeling of de ja vu – but Blake made the bigger impact by totally blowing me away, so she wins for me.

Blake’s pink dress is currently available to purchase from Saks.com for $1,595.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Exclusive Sketch Of Diane Kruger's Atelier Versace Fall 2009 Dress

Exclusive Sketch Of Diane Kruger’s Atelier Versace Fall 2009 Dress

Runway To Whisky Mist - Kelly Osbourne In Luella

Runway To Whisky Mist – Kelly Osbourne In Luella

31 Responses to Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Blake Lively or Angelina Jolie

1. Nicole August 12, 2009 at 09:07 #

Blake for sure!! This is also one of ny fav looks on her.

It’s funny how one of them is so tanned and the other so pale.. Side by side I’m not liking ange in this at all

2. Martin August 12, 2009 at 09:42 #

Blake wins this one for me, easily. I prefer her complete look. Angelina’s leather version is a little too 90s for my liking.

3. ramona August 12, 2009 at 09:51 #

Blake looks cute, charming in this wonderful dress..insted Angelina looks like a ghost! Her skin is to white!

4. ZzaRaZza August 12, 2009 at 09:53 #

I think they even shouldn’t be compared side by side – due to the color and that one is wool and one is leather they look like different strapless dresses.

• Fashion Critic August 12, 2009 at 09:57 #

Eh??? I have done lots of comparisons with the same dress in different colours and materials.

Strange how this one is an issue for you.

• ZzaRaZza August 12, 2009 at 10:41 #

I don’t know why this one exactly. Maybe that’s because of the contrast between them – very harsh. If they were not together here, I wouldn’t even notice they are the same.

5. Monica August 12, 2009 at 10:13 #

Equally baffled.

It IS the same dress.

6. Ling August 12, 2009 at 10:45 #

Blake definitely wins for me, I wish Angie had worn the pink version – I thought she’d moved on from her black leather goth phase!

• me August 12, 2009 at 11:34 #

that would have been a miracle..lol

7. Mimi August 12, 2009 at 11:11 #

I like Angie and her look. It is nice for a star to actually NOT have a spray tan and just go with her own style, and not follow the herd.

8. isabel August 12, 2009 at 11:14 #

yeah, blake wins this easily., she’s glowing!
    i think angie should do something with her hear, doesn’t look good.

9. isabel August 12, 2009 at 11:16 #

sorry, with her hair

10. Rogue August 12, 2009 at 11:26 #

Blake! She looks very chic. And I’m glad that she chose Louboutin – not these runway heels.

Angelina looks unhealthy.

11. Helena August 12, 2009 at 11:53 #

Angelina. Blake’s look is nothing special at all. A pink dress and some nude Louboutins? Wow.

12. Ally August 12, 2009 at 12:54 #

Blake hands down. She looks amazing and Angelina looks like she sprinted the premiere. Blake also wins for hand placement. Angelina looks like she is pulling her dress down by shoving her hands in those tiny pockets.

13. Nikki August 12, 2009 at 14:17 #

Angie…she owns the look. I think Blake just made an impact because she often looks drab and unpolished.

14. heyho August 12, 2009 at 14:44 #

I think that angelina looks rly pale and washed out in this photo and blake looks great ! nice colour on her (:

15. Vicky August 12, 2009 at 15:48 #

I do not like Angelina’s look one bit – she looks like a heroine addict! I’m sorry but her pale skin in contrast with the black leather just doesn’t work for me. Together with the just-out-of-bed hair it’s a big miss in my books.

16. lucas August 12, 2009 at 16:08 #

I don’t get this both dresses were presented on the runway, even though the dresses have the same design they are not the same dress!

• Melissa August 12, 2009 at 16:21 #

What is the problem? It’s the same design but made with different materials

People like you take fashion soooooo seriously that you suck all the fun out of it.

If you don’t think it’s the same then just don’t vote but stop ruining this for the rest of us.

• Fashion Critic August 12, 2009 at 16:24 #

Thanks for your support Melissa.

I’m not sure why some don’t get it, but there you have it. *shrugs and moves on*

• isobel August 13, 2009 at 02:27 #

Seems to me you are being a tad hypocritical about “taking things too seriously”.

17. mar August 12, 2009 at 16:08 #

the conditions of light may not be the same, since i’ve seen othe Angelinas pics and they do not look the same. it is contrast, yes, but it suits her personality and since it is not a premiere of one of her movies, it is nice that she chose not to stand out ina bright dress. it was Diane’s night, after all.

18. lena August 12, 2009 at 17:15 #

Blake by default.Angie looks ridiculously bland(not that I expect anything else from her)

19. Alexandra August 12, 2009 at 20:17 #

as much as I love Blake, I really hate how over-tanned she looks here so I go for Angie. Now that is a real star…

20. Kim August 12, 2009 at 22:58 #

I guess I am the only one that thinks Angelina’s shoes are all wrong for this dress! Blake looks the best to me b/c mainly I think the shoes brought Ange down. I don’t know if that is why her legs look funny but from the knee down- :-(

21. Jackie August 13, 2009 at 06:27 #

Blake looks hot in the hot pink with simple nude pumps. I guess I would prefer different shoes to go with Angelina’s dress but it still looks really, really good in her own bad ass kind of way. Since Angelina was more daring with her shoe choice, I voted for Blake because I can relate more to what she’s wearing. But I like BOTH! PROPS TO ANGIE! – I don’t think anyone would’ve thought to wear such heels with that dress!

22. Lala/S-R August 13, 2009 at 19:57 #

Angelina usually wins everything for me. I’m very partial when it comes to Angy! But this isn’t her best look.

23. sofia August 30, 2009 at 05:01 #

blake is ugly and the dress make her look worse

• Fashion Critic August 30, 2009 at 11:55 #

she is far from ugly

24. I'm late September 15, 2009 at 07:38 #

I am at an utter loss. I don’t know who on God’s green earth would select an oompa loompa orange ordinary bleached blonde in fcking fuschia over ‘Angelina Jolie’ in leather. That’s almost a sacrilege. You should do 20 years in some kind of fashion penetiary, repairing zippers all day. The woman looked stunning. I hate when perfectly good fashion commentary is ruined by mean girl ‘hater’ sentiment.