Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Anna Paquin or Cameron Diaz

Audrina Patridge’s Zuhair Murad dress wasn’t the only re-run of the Teen Choice Awards this weekend. Cameron Diaz’ Alexander McQueen dress was too.

Anna Paquin wore her black Alexander McQueen cheongsam with a mandarin collar, capped sleeves and zip with contrast piping detail, when she made an appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman” last month.

She styled her hair into a classic updo, and wore Jimmy Choo slingbacks to complete her chic look.

Cameron looked svelte in her super-flattering grey version at the “Teen Choice Awards” which she paired with Pierre Hardy blue heels.

Many of you thought Diaz dressed too old for a teen event. I personally think she was setting a good example to the young actresses she walked the red carpet with – Abigail Breslin and Sofia Vassilieva.

In spite of that I much prefer the black version of this dress so Anna wins for me. I also prefer this dress zipped and not left open like Cameron’s dress.

This dress is available to purchase in black from Browns Fashion for £760/€884.34/$1,250.73. The grey version is available from Neiman Marcus for $1,845.

Credit: PacificCoastNews & Wireimage

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Blake Lively or Angelina Jolie

Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Blake Lively or Angelina Jolie

9 Responses to Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Anna Paquin or Cameron Diaz

1. Mimi August 11, 2009 at 09:57 #

I guess I prefer Cameron in it because it fits better and her figure looks better. Anna Paquin’s looks a bit rumpled, and I prefer the grey and it being a little above the knee.

2. Danika August 11, 2009 at 11:02 #

I really love the dress on Anna, the black makes the dress look much more oriental than in grey.

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 11:05 #

I very much agree

3. suzzee August 11, 2009 at 11:31 #

i prefer cameron idaz.

when i first saw anna paquin, i though she was wearing a traditional cheongsam, whereas its alexander mcqueen!

the zip was meant to be open for a more stylized look.. well, that’s what i think :)

4. JacobGH August 11, 2009 at 12:09 #

i think the dress looks better when its oriental vibe is downplayed so cammy wins for me. also her legs look super fab!

-JGH

5. Parvati August 11, 2009 at 14:00 #

I voted for Cameron Diaz, but it was a very difficult choice. The dress is gorgeous in both black and grey, and although I love it when it’s zipped, like Anna’s, I prefer it when it’s left open, so Cameron wind for me.

6. Ally August 11, 2009 at 15:01 #

This is one where I wish I could say both b/c they both look amazing in it. I went with Anna’s b/c her’s seemed more appropriate for the Late Show than Cameron’s seemed for the Teen Choice Awards.

7. Willa August 11, 2009 at 15:19 #

I can’t choose, they both look awesome. Anna’s looks a bit more Asian with the zipper all the way up, whereas Cameron looks more flirty. Either way, the dress is great on both of them.

8. Chiara August 11, 2009 at 23:13 #

I don’t really know which one to vote for. It’s a really good example of a dress that is really versatile, with a geisha-vibe in black and zipped for Anna Paquin and a more relaxed fun vibe in grey and unzipped for Cameron. So it’s really a tie for me.