“Spread” Screening

For most of you Leighton Meester was the belle of the Teen Choice Awards ball on Sunday, but her appearance on the red carpet on Saturday wasn’t as pretty.

For me Leighton got it very wrong when she sported this Christopher Kane Resort 2010 cut-out dress.

I like dress itself with it’s nuclear explosion print – it’s beautiful chaos – but it just doesn’t work for Leighton.  She doesn’t quite have the right look to pull this off.  Her rosy glow as wavy hair feel too cutesy for this dress.

Maybe a slick back pony and smoky eyes would’ve worked better.

Usually you can look to accessories to redeem a look, but her Giuseppe Zanotti heels and Sophia Coppola for Louis Vuitton slim suede clutch do little to save her.

I guess this was just a one off and she shouldn’t be condemned for it because at least she’s daring with her red carpet choices unlike some Amanda Bynes.

I’m surprised we never saw Sharon Stone wearing this Christian Dior Resort 2008 leopard print tiered chiffon dress, such is her love for animal print and Dior, but it’s was the gorgeous Demi Moore who wore it this weekend.

I like how the dress nipped her in at the waist and wasn’t left loose fitting like the runway dress, and that she didn’t over accessorize her look.

Her favourite Gold Bally platforms pumps and a matching clutch complete her look.

Anne Heche continues to hold her own against Demi.

The actress wore a white lace fitted dress with black sash tied to the waist to given her a sexy silhouette.

As usual her hair and make-up are perfection, whilst black Jimmy Choo Hamlet suede pumps and a black clutch complete her look.

Credit: Getty & Style.com

In Stephanie Pratt's Closet - Free People Rose Floral Mini Dress

In Stephanie Pratt’s Closet – Free People Rose Floral Mini Dress

"Inglorious Basterds" LA Premiere

“Inglorious Basterds” LA Premiere

15 Responses to “Spread” Screening

1. Mackentiff August 11, 2009 at 10:13 #

Leighton’s hair is just awful

2. Pen Pen August 11, 2009 at 11:05 #

I am confused about Leighton Meester, is she trying to be edgy or is she trying to be cute? The result: a 50 year old looking woman who forgets some patches of her clothing at home.

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 11:16 #

you’re right she needs to make a decision. Cute or edgy

• Helena August 11, 2009 at 17:23 #

I don’t think she’s always 50/50 when it comes to look cute and edgy. Her MTV Movie Awards look was all around edgy, while her TCA outfit was cute with a little bit of edgy. I think she likes to mix it up.

3. Helena August 11, 2009 at 11:15 #

I think this is one of the first times where I didn’t find Demi Moore insanely boring.

4. Camilla August 11, 2009 at 12:17 #

Personally, I really like this look a lot more than the Teen Choice one. The latter just made her look weirdly provocative and I really wasn’t a fan of how she styled herself (liked the dress, but not much else) – this outfit is a thumbs up from me because she looks real and natural. I would not object to seeing this as BDTW actually!

• Camilla August 11, 2009 at 12:17 #

This is of course about Leighton!

5. Linda August 11, 2009 at 12:19 #

Anne Heche looks great! I hope she makes the best dressed of the week.
    I just don’t like the way Leighton Meester dresses. For me, it’s almost always misses.

6. ber August 11, 2009 at 14:00 #

Leighton’s dress looks like my desktop wallpaper.

7. Parvati August 11, 2009 at 14:23 #

Personally, I love all 3 looks. Demi Moore looks gorgeous with this Dior dress, Anne Heche is very chic and I also like Leighton Meester’s look! I agree that she could have done something different with her hair and her make-up, to make them edgier, but still, I like the way she wears this dress – which I also love, by the way!

8. Sari August 11, 2009 at 18:52 #

I like Leighton Meister dress I think is a brave choice and it suits her. I also love Anne Heche, her dress is lovely and the makeup is perfect, by the way her shoes are Jimmy Choos

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 19:04 #

thanks so much for this.

9. zoe August 11, 2009 at 19:02 #

anne heche and demi moore look breathtaking. their outfits are really nice and anne looks so refreshing she’s really working that lace and her shoes are to die for!

leighton looks beautiful as always, there really is nothing wrong with her look for me. :)

10. Flora August 11, 2009 at 20:45 #

I like Leighton’s look too. The colour is really flattering on her, she’s probably accepted she’s never going to be edgy like Kristen Stewart or Chloe Sevigny, but I think she pulls off something as directional as Christopher Kane with surprising aplomb. Glad she didn’t shave off her eyebrows like the model though!

I also think it’s rather refreshing to see someone who looks as though she’s pleased to be there, rather than doing the hand on hip, toe pointing forward, pouty-face pose so beloved of a hundred other identikit starlets.

11. lucas August 12, 2009 at 00:44 #

Anne Heche looks like she’s wearing the same dress Katherine Heigl wore on Jimmy Kimmel