“Inglorious Basterds” LA Premiere

If I pick up one more magazine or read one more blog stating that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are splitting up, I think I’ll tear my hair out.

What do these two have to do to prove how much in love they are with each other, other than mount each other on the red carpet.

Grazia’s headline today is “Angelina’s horror at Brad’s night with ex.” I’m sure you are rolling you eyes like I am.

Mr & Mrs ‘We’re Way Too Genetically Blessed’ put those rumour to bed – for now – looking very much in love on the red carpet last night for the LA premiere of “Inglourious Basterds”.

They were hugging, hold hands and his hand was place on her leather clad butt, as they whipped the crowds and paparazzi into a frenzy.

Sporting lighter locks and wearing minimal make-up, Angelina looked gorgeous wearing a black Michael Kors Fall 2009 black leather strapless dress which had a small pockets on the hips, with two tone Christian Dior heels.

This look reminds me of the sexy leather Versace dress Angelina wore to the Mr & Mrs Smith LA premiere back in 2005.

If the dress looks familiar, that’s because it’s the leather version of fuchsia pink dress Blake Lively wore to the CFDA Awards.

I love the picture below were Angelina and Brad Pitt are genuinely star struck to meet the legendary actor Sidney Poitier.

Diane Kruger was up against the mighty power that is Brangelina, but she didn’t fade into the background.

The star stole the red carpet wearing Atelier Versace backless dress.

Her Fall 2009 couture black silk satin mini dress was completely embroidered with black glass fringes finished in degrade of ruby, grenas, amethyst and sapphire coloured crystals.

Her hair was swept up as she paired her dress with a Versace clutch and heels for this breath-taking look.

Can she make it two for two for Best Dressed Of The Week?

Maria Menounos wore a beautiful Haute Hippie Fall 2009 peach dress with an asymmetrical detail decorated with a sequined panel, which I think looks very similar to a dress presented during the Missoni Spring 2008 collection.

Nude sandals and a complementary silver Nancy Gonzalez clutch complete her look.

Christina Ricci looked amazing wearing a red vintage Azzedine Alaia tight fitted dress covered in spots.

Striking a fierce pose the actress wore Christian Louboutin ‘Bianca’ pumps and carried a black leather clutch.

Is it me or is she glowing?

I’m loving that rich auburn hair colour.

Jessica Lowndes wore a cute paisley print sweetheart neckline mini dress with gold strappy sandals, but the dress seems very tight on her bust.

Silver and gold together make me cringe, so I don’t like her choice of clutch either.

[nggallery id=151]

Credit: IStyle.com & Wireimage

"Spread" Screening

“Spread” Screening

Lauren Conrad Loves Her Miu Miu Sandals & Marc by Marc Jacobs Satchel

Lauren Conrad Loves Her Miu Miu Sandals & Marc by Marc Jacobs Satchel

52 Responses to “Inglorious Basterds” LA Premiere

1. Mimi August 11, 2009 at 12:48 #

FC, I couldn’t agree with you more re. the rumours about Brangelina splitting up. I don’t understand why such lies are printed, especially when they say he’s gone back to Aniston. It’s so weird. Anyway, I think they looked spectacular, both of them, gorgeous, and it was heart-warming to see their greeting of Sidney Poitier. They are truly the King and Queen of the red carpet. Love Angelina’s shoes too.

2. ace August 11, 2009 at 12:54 #

aj always look super gorgeous! 0.0
    wooo. and and and diane is not too shabby too.
    love love love. have them both for best dressed of the week

3. Tina August 11, 2009 at 12:54 #

Totally agree about Brad and Angelina.

They don’t have to attend every event joined at the hip. Seriously, it must get very irritating to hear your getting divorced every day of your life.

Anyways – Angelina and Diane look fab. Diane can wear anything but Angie will automatically upstage her no matter what.

4. amelia August 11, 2009 at 13:01 #

indeed, those rumours are ridiculous, they’re so perfect together; cannot be impressed about Angelina’s look though, I really feel we’ve seen this on her a thousand times before. I love Diane and her classy looks, but this one… not particularly appealing in my opinion, don’t think it flatters her really.

5. SydneyCheapChic August 11, 2009 at 13:09 #

I actually don’t like what Diane is wearing and i usually love her… it looks alienish or that something is growing out of her… not good..

Angelina looks hot and I like Maria’s dress too

6. Methedrine August 11, 2009 at 13:16 #

Angie and Diane look both gorgeous!

7. coco August 11, 2009 at 13:22 #

I know right? It’s like if Angelina isn’t pregnant then they must be breaking up. So stupid.

8. Lara August 11, 2009 at 13:22 #

Angelina is looking terrible skinny these days. Lollipop head is not a good look for her. I like what she’s wearing, but i don’t like the fact that she has lost even more of her curves. You can see all of her bones. When VB looks skinny, everybody says something about it. I think everyone should say something about Angelina or keep quiet about both of them.

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 13:26 #

There’s skinny and emaciated.

I can’t seen any protruding bones on Angelina, but she is skinny.

Why does everything have to be compared to Victoria Beckham?

9. Esther August 11, 2009 at 13:27 #

Angelina is smokin’! Not crazy about her hair but she still looks hella good.

10. Martin August 11, 2009 at 13:38 #

Angelina looks a little too ratty, a little too dishevelled here for my liking. Diane, on the other hand, is the epitome of polished and sophisticated glamour. Love, love, love this look. She just gets it right (almost) every time.

And on the weight question, if we were going to comment fairly and equally on celebrities’ weight, there would be commentary on stars who are on the bigger side as well, such as Kelly Clarkson, Queen Latifah and Beth Ditto. Which generally, there isn’t.

• Ally August 11, 2009 at 14:53 #

I have to disagree about not people not attacking celebs on the “other side” of the scale. Poor Kelly Clarkson, she gains 10 pounds and magazines pounce on her. Not to mention Jessica Simpson. When really they are probably in the size 6-10 range (US) and that’s pretty much average.

• Martin August 12, 2009 at 08:49 #

Yeah, they do tend to comment on weight gain but don’t attack as mercilessly and violently as they do with the skinnier celebrities I’ve found. Words like disgusting and hideous and ugly aren’t used nearly as often or as virulently.

11. ZzaRaZza August 11, 2009 at 13:40 #

Angie rocks! Absolutely gorgeous.

Christina Ricci does look glowing. Love bangs on her.

Jessica Lowndes’ clutch is the wrong silver, her shoes and dress match much better. But what I really envy here is her hair – soo silky and shiny.

12. eimear August 11, 2009 at 13:49 #

Angie looks gorgeous, but she shoulda worn the catwalk shoes.. they look hot!

13. Ana August 11, 2009 at 13:49 #

Angelina is gorgeous! Maybe best dressed of the week. Let’s see the look of the next few days …

14. Sonja August 11, 2009 at 13:59 #

All hail the queen! Angie looks perfect, I love the dress and it’s suits her perfectly.

And it Angie takes the queens crown can we crown Diane as the princess-she is always so superbly dresses, one of the rare ones whose closet I would like to own.

15. ace August 11, 2009 at 14:11 #

oh i forgot to say aj reminds me of her billy bob days. fair and gothic like

16. Alice[*] August 11, 2009 at 14:13 #

I like Angelina’s dress,it’s edgy and sexy,but for me,she looks more skinny than usual and I would have worn something different.
    Diane is stunning and sexy,but not tacky.I love the back of the dress and her shoes ( too big for her foot XD).
    Jessica is sooo cute.I only dislike the clutch.

17. Anne August 11, 2009 at 14:14 #

Aww, they’re so cute shaking Mr Poitier’s hands! XD

18. Anna August 11, 2009 at 14:16 #

Finally someone else who cringes when gold and silver is mixed (or at least yellow/rose gold and silver – i can live with white gold/platinum with silver) – I’ve had that phobia for years and nobody has ever understood! :)
    Thank you!

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 14:37 #

i think i hate mixing gold and silver more than tights

19. Kathleen August 11, 2009 at 14:19 #

How does one sit in a glass covered dress? Ouch!

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 14:35 #

:) it must have hurt

20. lena August 11, 2009 at 14:28 #

Meh,I’ll never get Angelina’s appeal.She’so average looking to me.Diane’s dress is beautiful though.

21. Rock*Star August 11, 2009 at 14:30 #

WOW Diane looks Divine. And Angie looks HOT & BEAUTIFUL. LOVE THEM BOTH!

And Yeah! why does everything has to be compared to Victoria B!

22. Lexa August 11, 2009 at 14:36 #

Angie looks good, but I really dislike her uncombed hair – it looks kind of dirty ;)
    I love Diane’s look, especially the open back and the pumps. Her hairstyle and make-up – perfection!
    Christina Ricci looks cute in that red little number :)

23. Joshna August 11, 2009 at 14:45 #

Diane looks remarkable in that dress……don’t think anyone else would be able to pull if off as well as she does….but annoyingly her shoes seem to be a couple of sizes too big for her.

• Ally August 11, 2009 at 14:58 #

I love that Diane picks interesting dresses. Of course, Angie looks amazing, but could not be more bored that she is wearing solid black yet again. As for Diane’s shoes, my bet is that she was just standing in the same place for a few minutes and started to slide into the toe. That can happen when you have a really high heel.

24. rocoquirk August 11, 2009 at 15:06 #

I am very disappointed by Angelina.Why such messy hair? She reminds me of her early red carpet days when you could see that the punk in her was struggling to look red carpet appropriate. Here she just looks washed out!

Diane on the other hand! Wow!

25. Pandar August 11, 2009 at 15:09 #

WOW…I fell in love with Diane..:She’s so incredible beautiful and sexy..but in a very stylish way!

Diane …marry me! :)

26. ayesha August 11, 2009 at 15:32 #

Angelina looks stunning and sexy – Yet again in black but it is an interesting piece and she is beautiful.
    I am gonna have to disagree with a lot of you but Diane looks uncomfortable and yes she does wear stylish dresses but she hasn´t got it for me. There is something missing with that girl, she is trying too hard and she looks like she is a snake.

27. 00o00 August 11, 2009 at 16:31 #

silly me, but how does diane kruger sit down at the premiere??? it must hurt, no?

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 17:54 #

the mind does boggle.

• alyss August 11, 2009 at 18:12 #

I think she changed her dress. I saw pictures from the after-party and she wore a simple LBD. So maybe she changed right after walking the red carpet?!

28. ruth Lee August 11, 2009 at 16:47 #

diane diane.. what i love about her is that she knows how to pick pieces.. her outfits are chic, funky, cute, fashion-forward, but always in a minimal way, which i love. this outfit is no different.. i say 2 for 2!

29. marvel August 11, 2009 at 17:13 #

I love DIane’s risk (especially the back) but Angelina looks terrible. She is getting realy skinny and although its a nice dress her ‘out of bed hair’ ruins it. I think some people can rook the bed hair look (Blake Lively) and some cant.

BTW I dont get the whole fus that comes with Brangalina. I preferes him with Jennifer :)

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 17:53 #

oooh controversial

30. Shami August 11, 2009 at 17:15 #

Is it just me or do Diane’s shoes look half a size too large? She looks stunning though.

I think Angelina looks much better with darker hair. Her hair is a mess.

Jessica should have bought a bigger dress and then had it altered to fit her so her chest wouldn’t be so squished.

I love Maria’s dress!

31. Helena August 11, 2009 at 17:20 #

After being underwhelmed by Diane Kruger’s Marchesa and Herve Leger outfits, I really love this outfit. I prefer it when she takes risks.

I’m sick of Grazia, too. If it’s not about Brad and Angelina, it’s about SJP and how her ‘husband is cheating on her’.

32. Cristina August 11, 2009 at 17:26 #

Does anyone know what shoes Angelina is wearing??

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 17:52 #

Dior

33. Kou August 11, 2009 at 17:27 #

Angelina Jolie looks great great great. Def in my top 10 of the year. One of the very few people that makes leather clothes look sexy and not cheesy. I’ve noticed she always wears leather on the RC when the gossip has gotten to a fever pitch. FC, could you please do a post about AJ in leather. Thanks much.

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 17:52 #

researching as we speak

34. Sari August 11, 2009 at 18:37 #

I really love Angelina look, it’s the perfect combination of her wild days and her present elegance.

Diane was a big disapoint, I don’t like her dress is too dark, the open back is to low and she looks like a littel girl in a big dress.

35. Flora August 11, 2009 at 21:46 #

Angelina always looks good, but I’m starting to feel like I’ve seen it all before, i’m afraid.

Christina Ricci, on the other hand – don’t like the blunt fringe but the dress is great on her, really young and fun.

I thought Diane was wearing Chanel at first, so was surprised to see it was actually Versace. I think i like it, but for once I’m not quite sure. Maybe it’ll grow on me?

36. Sally August 11, 2009 at 21:49 #

Christina looks AMAZING.
    So good to see her back on the red carpet.
    Great hair too.

37. Caligirl August 11, 2009 at 22:14 #

I love love Angelina, but I totally think Diane holds her own:) Both look fabulous!

38. lucas August 12, 2009 at 00:47 #

Diane Krugar, Sienna Miller, Drew Barrymore, and Zoe Salanda should all just be named best dressed of the year for their amazing press tours!

39. Adam August 12, 2009 at 11:44 #

Angelina Jolie is really quite breathtaking, even with her unkempt hair.

The amount of work that has gone into Diane Kruger’s dress boggles the mind. I know it’s a crass question, but is it even possible to put a price on a dress that’s taken that many hours to create?

40. Valentino August 14, 2009 at 00:48 #

From a guys point of view Jessica Lowndes looks stunning in that cute tight dress.

• Fashion Critic August 14, 2009 at 08:14 #