10.08.09 In Her Closet

Victoria Beckham Takes One Dress To Denver…

…but in two different colours.

I recently joked that Victoria Beckham came to London to pick up her Fall 2009 collection after her ad shoot.

It now feels like I was right because she has worn nothing but her collection since.

Victoria was in Denver this weekend to be a judge on “American Idol”. Unfortunately the feedback from her performance was labeled as “icy and wooden”. Ouch!

Looks like VB’s attempts to be the people’s princess – like Cheryl Cole – is not about to happen any time soon.

On the plus side we got a smile and we got some colour from her this weekend.

The designer wore a luxurious silk purple strapless corset dress from her own collection with Emporio Armani platform heels.

On Sunday Victoria wore same dress is black with the same shoes when she headed back to LA with a severally pulled back high bun.

Her look was accessorized an Alaia cropped cardigan, Hermes Birkin and Culter & Gross sunglasses.

What she gives with one hand, she takes away with the other.

Victoria’s Giral strapless silk dress is available in purchase from the Net-A-Porter US site for $2,625, and the Net-A-Porter International site for £1,750/€2,188.

Credit: INFDaily.com, Net-A-Porter & Splash

Jessica Simpson For Glamour US September 2009

Jessica Simpson For Glamour US September 2009

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Teen Choice Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Teen Choice Awards?

22 Responses to Victoria Beckham Takes One Dress To Denver…

1. L. August 10, 2009 at 18:37 #

Couldn’t recognize her smiling. Seriously.

2. marvel August 10, 2009 at 18:40 #

I like the fact that you made with the Cheryl comparison (I heard she was ‘icy’ but never would have thought she tried to emulate Chery)

She looks great but she needs to eat a burger and grow her hair a bit.

As usual FC, keep up the great work :) :)

3. Rachel Marie August 10, 2009 at 18:45 #

Wonderful to see a celebrity getting Cutler and Gross some international exposure in recession-time. If more stars had done the same for Steinberg and Tolkien the store might have been saved. It is such a shame the reaction to Victoria’s performance was not good, she is clearly working so hard to look perfect on camera and does seem to be a lovely person, just a little awkward. Comparisons with Cheryl are going to keep happening but I would say that girl has far more experienced with the schmaltz that these talent shows require. Hopefully things will improve for Victoria.

• Pen Pen August 11, 2009 at 02:08 #

Totally agree, pal

4. Helena August 10, 2009 at 19:00 #

This woman bores the heck out of me now. At least before, she explored other designers (after the time where she stopped wearing trashy Cavalli). It’s always the same one-tone dresses.

5. nism.lism August 10, 2009 at 19:04 #

Love to see her smile.

Not a big fan of any shade of purple, but this one looks better than the black dress.

6. Jarrold August 10, 2009 at 19:16 #

She looks so good. DOnt hate!

• mol August 10, 2009 at 19:42 #

I agree!

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 19:57 #

who’s hating??!?!?

If a lollipop head and protruding bones is your thing good for you. No one’s “hating” here just voicing opinions.

• MarieB August 10, 2009 at 20:50 #

Apparently no one is allowed to have an opinion about Victoria unless they are kissing her bony butt

• sydneycheapchic August 11, 2009 at 00:39 #

too true MarieB..

Gosh I hope she’s not up for Best Dressed this week.. i’m so over her overratedness!

• mol August 11, 2009 at 01:53 #

FC – I agree with Jarrold that Victoria looks so good, especially in her purple dress and wearing a smile (rather uncommon it seems). However, lollipop heads and protruding bones are not my specific thing – I’m not sure how Jarrold feels, but I personally like a wide variety of looks and the various body tyes wearing them. I always just respond to an overall image of someone that triggers an emotional ‘yes!’ in me, which Victoria in purple did. That’s just me voicing my opinion here, without attacking anyone, and without desiring to
        kiss anyone’s “bony (or otherwise) butt”.

7. SarahV August 10, 2009 at 19:30 #

She’s prettier when she smiles… Why doesn’t she do that more often?

8. alci August 10, 2009 at 19:30 #

When it fit well, i always buy two garments, but I don’t wear it in the same week… Anyway sharp design!!

9. Barbie August 10, 2009 at 19:35 #

She looks great as usual. I saw some images on the Today show from that day, she looked scarily thin..

10. Nneks August 10, 2009 at 19:51 #

I love the design of her dresses very classic so I fully support her wearing it twice even if it is on the same trip at least she loves the product that she had a part in making.
    Shame about american idol i much prefer Mrs Beckham to Cheryl any day of the week

11. Mimi August 10, 2009 at 21:09 #

She is just too thin and this detracts from the clothes, as all you can see are disturbing protruding bones.

12. Kin August 10, 2009 at 21:44 #

That bun plus her bones actually paint a very scary picture! And her style’s just too boring now. She’s like a walking black crayon. She can do so much more.

13. shubby doo August 10, 2009 at 22:34 #

lol@she came off ‘icy’…not suprised!!! i wonder if she did a better job than danny m on x-factor…is it even possible to be worse than that?!…

she and her hubby are better when they aren’t talking…i love beckhams’s photo shots but it is a big no to hearing them voicing anything….i love the purple version of her dress…she looks lush… but not the black… it simply has no ‘va va voom’ to it and cos if that it’s way overpriced IMHO…

14. ramona August 11, 2009 at 09:01 #

All I can say is that i agree with Marvel ..she need some food;)

15. Martin August 11, 2009 at 13:31 #

Whoa! What’s with all the hostility here? I can’t help thinking that the people who condemn Victoria for being too slim would never even dream of telling a larger red carpet personality – like Queen Latifah or Beth Ditto – to stop eating burgers, or that they look disgusting or that their body is hideous etc. But when it comes to slimmer celebrities, it becomes a free-for-all. There’s a major double standard operating here.

As for Ms. Beckham’s look, I thank the heavens that she’s finally work a bright and vibrant colour and I think she looks radiant for it.

16. Shami August 11, 2009 at 17:34 #

Woman needs to eat a sandwich.