10.08.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Teen Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
I’m not sure who designed Megan Fox’s dress, but by looking at it I would guess it’s been modified to be way shorter than intended.

The material is interesting, but I would have preferred her heels to be a lighter colour.

The only plus side here is that her make-up artist has finally found the right shade of foundation for her.

UPDATE: The dress is YSL. Shocking no?

Most Predictable Award
Well, well.

No prizes for those of you who would’ve predicted Amanda Bynes would wear a Herve Leger dress, black pumps and style her with a center parting.

Why? Because this is what she does time after time.  Some would call it her signature look.  I would call it uninspiring.

If she was a clock you could set watch by her.

Nice Dress, Shame About The Hair Award
This was one of my favourite dresses from the Adam Fall 2009 collection.  It’s cute, heavily embellished, sassy and edgy at the same time.

So imagine my horror to see Jennette McCurdy had teamed her fabulous dress with mum hair.

Most Disappointing Award
I knew it.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before Kim Kardashian did something drastic after her break-up with Reggie Bush.

The formerly raven haired star teased us back in April wearing a blonde wig, but unfortunately this is the real deal as Kim has opted for a lighter blonde ‘do.

My disappointment starts with the fact that Kim’s gorgeous dark locks is the one thing that made her stand out in LA .

I’m sure it will eventually grow on me.

The star picked a white Stella McCartney Spring 2009 plunging dress with gold Gucci Iman heels to show Mr Bush what he is missing.

De Ja Vu Award
I’m sorry but just because she’s Britney Spears and she’s made a comeback, it doesn’t mean I will automatically like this look.

For me the problem remains the same. Ratty hair extensions and mini dresses that just don’t flatter.

Her LBD is by Roberto Cavalli, with Jimmy Choo ‘Gesture’ sandals.

Worst Hair Award
Someone call pest control, there’s a rat on Rumer Willis’ shoulder.

The only good thing about Rumer’s hair is that she’s going darker, but the style I really dislike.

I’ve understood those backward plaits.

Rumer arrived wearing a LBD with an embellished bodice and black satin Casadei pumps.

I Am 17, Going On 50
There is something about Selena Gomez’ look these days that hasn’t been sitting well with me lately.

Her Baby Phat dress is a gorgeous lilac colour, but the hair ages her.

Hopefully she’ll get back into her teen groove again soon.

I Don’t Think I Will Ever Like Her Style Award
Miley Cyrus wore a shimmering Haute Hippie black sequin mini skirt, with a white Hanes tank that was light enough for me and the world to see her bra.

If that wasn’t bad enough she over accessorized making a simple look appear way too busy.

She later changed into a Jenny Packham Fall 2009 embellished dress with a fringe hem which is stunning, but as always there’s something about Miley that just brings down the whole look and makes it look bad.

[nggallery id=148]

Click here for the Best Dressed.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Wireimage

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

2009 Teen Choice Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Teen Choice Awards – Best Dressed

54 Responses to 2009 Teen Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Lauren August 10, 2009 at 10:05 #

Miley just gets worse and worse.She make everything look cheap and tacky.

Amanda Bynes is going to eventually run out of Herve Leger dresses she has worn so many – at least it’s not black.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 10:07 #

that is the only good thing – it’s not black

2. Pen Pen August 10, 2009 at 10:06 #

I don’t even like Kim but on her defense, she looks way better than both the model and Gwyneth Paltrow in the Stella McCartney’s dress.
    But you are right, she was almost unrecognizable to me when i first took a look at the pic.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 10:07 #

The dress is great. For me it’s all about the hair

3. Mimi August 10, 2009 at 10:16 #

FC, I have to agree with you on all these. It doesn’t bode well for the future if you go by these teen stars. Hopefully their style will improve as they get older or we will have some bleak times ahead on the red carpet.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 10:21 #

Right. The future is bleak at this rate.

4. linda August 10, 2009 at 10:20 #

I’m sorry, but Miley Cyrus looks like a hooker in that white top and black mini skirt. Wtf is wrong with her?
    And she totally ruined that Jenny Packham dress for me.

5. Rachel Marie August 10, 2009 at 10:23 #

What possessed KK to mess with her natural Armenian beauty? It is what made everyone take notice of her back when she was just a girl with an LV Miroir Alma GM on the beach with Paris Hilton.

I give up on Amanda Bynes, there’s no defending her stagnant style anymore. How could Miley Cyrus’ mother let her put on a dress that low cut?This is an awards show for the under 18s! Remember the scandal when Vanity Fair put her in a Dior silk stoal? This is ten times more tarty on her!

6. Lily August 10, 2009 at 10:23 #

Woah….Amanda Bynes NEEDS to change her style at least once in a while like WTF? Imagine her in her 40′s and STILL wearing the same dress/shoe combo…..

7. Lexa August 10, 2009 at 10:25 #

all look bad, but for me some other looked even worse at that event. I am talking about Miranda Cosgrove, Abigail Breslin, Fergie and if we are talking about really bad hairstyles – Kristen Stewarts hair ….

8. Methedrine August 10, 2009 at 10:32 #

I agree with you with these worst dressed!

9. Iris August 10, 2009 at 10:37 #

aww i love britney, but why won’t she wear things that flatter her? i’m so disapointed in her :(

10. ZzaRaZza August 10, 2009 at 10:41 #

I quite like Rumer’s dress but her hair is dreadful

11. Regina August 10, 2009 at 10:43 #

I actually thought Selena Gomez was one of the best dressed. She’s set up a very classic image and this supports her image very well. You would never see Miley Cyrus in this.

12. anne August 10, 2009 at 11:02 #

I don’t get why everyone’s hair looks so bad, considering the fact that they have a team of stylists behind them and that they’re attending an event not going out shopping.

13. Iced Potato August 10, 2009 at 11:38 #

KK’s lighter do seems to age her.

Miley Cyrus’ close up pic seems to remind me of Jordan. Dunno why…

14. LeeAnn August 10, 2009 at 11:40 #

I was at the Armani Prive show and sat behind Megan Fox whom I always thought was attractive. Stunning figure but her make up was so trashy she looked like Tranny Angelina

15. marika August 10, 2009 at 11:48 #

hey FC i agree with everything here. as for miley in the low-cut packham dress, i bet you it will stir up controversies– again. can’t wait for the best dressed list. TCA hasn’t aired here yet :)

16. yigit August 10, 2009 at 12:06 #

for kim kardashian: she look like a jennifer lopez=)

• me August 10, 2009 at 12:44 #

i guess kim’s wish to be like her finally came true

• ber August 10, 2009 at 14:04 #

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Louisa August 10, 2009 at 15:29 #

Yes, how true! I think the lighter locks are flattering on her!

17. shubby doo August 10, 2009 at 12:13 #

from the waist up, i think selena looks lovely…quite refreshing with her choice of makeup..hmmm….maybe it’s the skirt section of the dress that looks a bit mumsy…shame…it needed a bit of a modification to work for her…small mistake compared to megan fox i say

18. Hilary August 10, 2009 at 12:18 #

I don’t understand why Britney’s hair is so wretched. I wear clip-in hair extensions for nights out, though they’re made of real hair, and my hairdresser puts them in for me. They cost 70 pounds and that’s it, and everyone thinks they’re gorgeous and natural. She’s a multimillionaire and hers look dreadful. The mind boggles.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 12:27 #

Totally agreement.

She’s never got extension to look good on her.

19. any-faye August 10, 2009 at 12:46 #

Selena Gomez in Worst Dressed list? Sounds like a joke. This dress just asks for such hair. Ofc, Selena could let her hair down, but this variant looks much nobler. Not older.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 12:56 #

it’s not a joke, but an opinion. We all have them.

She looks about 50 years old.

• Mischa August 11, 2009 at 14:50 #

Selena Gomez has herself said in the past her style is that of a 30 year old woman’s so maybe this reflects that but if she had, say, worn her hair down, the outfit’s one shouldered neckline would be covered up, ruining the design of the dress

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 14:55 #

that’s interesting. I wonder why she wants to dress like a 30 year old.

20. Boeshane August 10, 2009 at 12:47 #

I’m so sad Miley wore this Jenny Packham dress ! The dress is so beautiful, and she make it looks wrong.

And about Britney spears, is it only me thinking that or is her main problem that she wear stuffs that are not her age, nor her weight anymore ? I really like her, but not her style.

I was really surprised seeing Rumer Willis. Yes, her hairs are weird, but I like the color, and this hairdo seems to me better than the greasy curl she have usually. Plus, I really like the look she have with this dress, it suit her well.

21. ramona August 10, 2009 at 12:55 #

Megan Fox is amzing, I mean she is like a doll..but i don’t like the way she looks with this dress. Amanda Bynes is cute…but she dresses horrible!! Kim Kardashian is beautiful, I agree with you, the hair colour is to bright for her skin! Britney Spears will never be again what was before going crazy..I don t like nothing at her..She MUST change everything!! Miley Cyrus is beautiful, but without a proper style for her age.kisses :D

22. Alice[*] August 10, 2009 at 13:11 #

I like Rumer and Selena’s dress,but you’re about the hair of both.
    Brtiney looks uncomfortable,she should wear longer dresses.
    Megan,oh Megan,how tacky is she??Just smile Megan!Always the same “I-am-so-sexy” face and the dress is ugly.
    Miley look horrible with te second outfi,the dress doesn’t suit her.

23. justme August 10, 2009 at 13:14 #

Miley makes me uncomfortable. She looks like a child prostitute =/

24. Ally August 10, 2009 at 13:15 #

Selena’s look definitely ages her some, but at least she doesn’t look like a hooker. Miley really couldn’t find something more age appropriate than a 2 inch mini-skirt with a shirt where we can see her bra AND then a dress that practically goes to her naval?? There are a ton of other things she could have worn that would have been edgy but not trashy.

• Iris August 10, 2009 at 15:03 #

i can’t imagine she couldn’t find anything more appropriate either. she performed in short shorts (aka underpants), and a revealing bra…

25. JacobGH August 10, 2009 at 13:18 #

I don’t think that Megan Fox nailed her look but I wasn’t particularly offended by it, especially considering the cringe worthy “style” that Miley offered up. She has a stylist, right? Who is letting her wear these terrible outfits and that godawful hair that all the teen stars seem to be sporting these days? I swear every red carpet, there are at least 50 starlets sporting this greasy, over extension-ed look. I’d also like to defend Rumer as her hair color is moving in the right direction despite the ratty braid, and her dress is actually quite cute and figure flattering. Selena really does look 50 which is quite odd considering how baby-like her face is. Better luck next time ladies.

–JGH

26. LeeAnn August 10, 2009 at 14:16 #

Diane Kruger wore her hair like Rumers when she was in australia last week-the trouble is Rumer does not have her face

27. LizMelendreras/Stylist August 10, 2009 at 14:16 #

The dress doesn’t flatter Kim at all not even with those chunky heels.
    Selena’s dress is pretty but she should have went a bit edgy with it being the event is for teens!
    Milly, well, trashy. Why does she pose with her leg wide open?
    Brittany should get Ken Paves to do her hair. And get me to style her!

28. Sara August 10, 2009 at 14:24 #

I love Kim’s hair colour but it’s true that dark hair made her stand out from other wannabe stars etc. One more thing, not everybody in LA has this hair colour, lighter or even platinum blonde is way more popular.

29. Jasmina August 10, 2009 at 14:28 #

Please Amanda, just for once wear somthing different than tight short dress and black pumps… And I don’t understand how Miley’s mum let her wear that outfits…

30. Parvati August 10, 2009 at 18:59 #

Amanda Bynes – Having read your recent “Amanda Bynes’ never-changing style” I have to say this: at least, it’s yellow, neither black nor pink! This is a huge change! :P

Kim Kardashian – You’re so right about her hair, her natural black hair is gorgeous on her, I don’t get why she would go for a lighter ‘do, especially when her skin is rather dark. I always thought that blonde hair doesn’t look good on women with dark skin.

Britney Spears – I think her whole outfit would have worked if she tried a better pose – with her hands behind her back like that, I thnik any dress would look unflattering on her.

Rummer Willis – LOL about the rat comment! But her outfit is really nice and she has gone for darker shades in her hair, again, which is good.

Selena Gomez – I totally agree with you – the dress is so beautiful but this hairstyle makes her look so much older!

Miley Cyrus – Appearances like this are the reasons why I don’t like Miley Cyrus. The fact that she over-accessorized her outfit doesn’t bother me. It’s her posing and the length of her skirt – she has nice legs, but this is way too much skin for her age, in my opinion. As for her bra, she probably wanted it to be visible. Wearing a black bra under a white top? Definitely on purpose.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 19:07 #

for sure on purpose

31. Meg August 10, 2009 at 20:03 #

MEGAN FOX- Dress is complete disaster. But i completely agree with you on the foundation comment….LOL! and i would really appreciate a fresher and more original hair style. Everyone seems to be sporting the greasy/messy tousles these days.

AMANDA BYNES- Love her, amazing acctress and sweet girl. But the look is getting very old.

JENNETTE MCURDY- 100% agree. Love the dress. Hate the hair.

KIM KARDASHIAN- Dress is not flattering at all. and her darker hair made her more unique and made her features stand out more. Very disapointing.

BRITNEY SPEARS- Never have liked her never will. especially the way she never flatters her body.

RUMER WILLIS- I actually love this dress. But the hair like you said is terrible. and the comment about the rat made me laugh. It’s true.

SELENA GOMEZ- I think the dress is very sophisticated. and the color looks dazzling with her hair color. but yes, the hair style makes her look 30 years older than she is. When you look at the full body picture she does look 50 years old. You can’t really tell it’s her.

Miley Cyrus- Despite all the bashing I like HER. Not the way she dresses. She seems pretty grounded and good personality, but the way she dresses disapoints me. I can’t respect her. For crying out loud she’s 16! People older than her don’t even dress like that unless there a hooker. So many kids look up to her and this is the way she dresses? She has never dressed her age and she should start before people start handing her money when shes walking down the street.

32. Dana August 10, 2009 at 20:03 #

I’m more disappointed in the hair than anything else.

Kim Kardashian had GORGEOUS dark hair. Now she looks like J-Lo.

Briney’s extensions are dreadful. If her hair had looked good, it would have upgraded her entire look.

I like Rumer’s ratty hair, and love her dress.

I think Selena looks nice. I’d rather she looked a bit too mature rather than go the other way and look like a streetwalker like Miley.

Amanda Bynes is the biggest tragedy. I’m so disappointed in her. Where is the girl who wore Marchesa and braids to the SAG awards a couple of years ago?

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 20:09 #

I’m still hoping the girl who wore Marchesa and braids to the SAG awards will come back to us at some point.

I hope one day she reads my blog and has a complete overall of her look.

33. kohlgirl August 11, 2009 at 03:42 #

1. Hate Kim’s hair – totally agree with you that her dark hair set her apart.

2. I don’t think its just Britney’s extensions or whatever that make her not look good – you can tell from her face and body language, that she has so much less confidence and self- esteem than when she was at the height of her career. If you put that dress on her 8 years ago, she would have rocked it because she had the confidence!

34. sara August 11, 2009 at 03:58 #

i think selena gomez looks gorgeous..the colour really suits her + the hair is not too bad.

i’d like to see amanda wearing her hair up for once – however it’s refreshing to see her in a color other than black…

35. Brooke:) August 11, 2009 at 07:34 #

I think miley cyrus looks absolutely stunning in both outfits! Shes not afraid to hold back and take risks! All these haters aint makin her look any worse cuz guess what folks she will always shine bright in the present and future!

• Fashion Critic August 11, 2009 at 07:38 #

Takes risks?!?!?! She looks like a street walker.

She has no class and brings down every label she wears

36. Flora August 11, 2009 at 21:24 #

Oh Britney, it’s like I woke up and it was still 2002, she looks EXACTLY the same! The same unflattering LBD, the same awkward pose that makes her look as tough she’s never worn clothes or had her photograph taken before, the same blank behind the eyes smile, and the same dreadful ratty cheap-looking bottle blonde dye job.

Miley just looks tarty. I have nothing more to say about her, except she’s another one whose style would be vastly improved if she did a Solange Knowles and shaved off all her hair. Then i might just be interested. But probably not even then.

I’ve decided I will no longer comment on anyone wearing Herve Leger; there’s no possible way of making it interesting anymore. Unless maybe it’s Johnny Depp. Then I might make an exception.

37. maria August 13, 2009 at 17:52 #

What can I say? Amanda and Miley need a lot of help. Amanda needs a stylist to slap her, and Miley needs to act 16.

38. Shannon August 29, 2009 at 01:22 #

I dont know why you guys hate Miley so much. Maybe your just old and cant appreciate her youthful fashion sense.
    As for Kim, i think its a good change for her, and she does look much better than the model!
    Selena Gomez also looks alright..
    Britney Spears though, the shoes and dress made her look a bit stumpy..

39. Lilly November 29, 2009 at 04:44 #

Miley’s outfit is actually normal for someone her age to wear, most adults are just not used to it. Believe it or not, I think this is Miley’s best outfit that she wore this year. She is dressed way better than Selena Gomez, as always.

40. Amelie December 27, 2011 at 22:26 #

MILEY DOESN´T LOOK LIKE A CHILD PROSTITUTE! A lot of girls in my school dress like her. Do you know the new trend this summer? Short hotpants. You can see it in every H&M store. Everyone says that hotpants look so cool, so what`s so wrong then, when Miley wears a short skirt? Don`t make an elephant out of a mosquito!