10.08.09 Best Dressed

2009 Teen Choice Awards – Best Dressed

Best Dressed Award
Alexis Bledel maybe the surprise choice for Best Dressed, but she was totally captivating wearing a stunning blue ‘Opening Ceremony’ dress with a lace yoke and hem which made her blue eyes sparkle.

Her look was paired with Loeffler Randall Genevieve asymmetrical zip sandals.

Risk That Paid Off Award
It seems that Leighton Meester is doing her best to totally separate herself from her “Gossip Girl” character, which is why we are getting edgier looks from her.

The actress opted for a chic black and white striped Louis Vuitton mini dress with a layered skirt which could have gone horrible wrong, but she works it well.

She paired her dress with red Brian Atwood heels which are to die for.

Best White Award
It’s not often we see the sexy side of Jordana Brewster.

I think it’s the power of her white Herve Leger Resort 2010 bandage dress which brought it out in her.

As always, I would have preferred a different colour heel to her black Jimmy Choo Billie Lizard print sandals.

Best Rock Chick Award
Please don’t be surprised that Kristen Stewart is on this list. This may not be to everyone’s liking, but at least Kristen isn’t trying to be someone she’s not.

With terrible mullet forced upon her for her upcoming movie “The Runaways”, I think she makes the best of a bad hair day wearing an edgy Rock & Republic Fall 2009 plunging v-neck dress with a spiked skirt and Jerome C. Rousseau booties.

She tones down the uber sexy dress with a white tank top.

Rihanna will be kicking herself that she didn’t see this first.

Best Brand Ambassador Award
Nikki Reed was flying the flag for Miu Miu wearing a modified dress from their Fall 2009 collection, with a studded Miu Miu clutch and Miu Miu suede cut-out sandals.

I love the modified dress on her as it’s more youthful than the runway dress.

I can picture the runway version being worn by Rachel Weisz or Jennifer Connelly.

Best Re-Run Award
I’m instantly drawn to Audrina Patridge’s Courtney Crawford turquoise patent leather platform pumps, but her purple Zuhair Murad Spring 2009 strapless ruched dress is equally dazzling.

You may remember that Hayden Panettiere wore this same dress recently during “Comic Con”.

Best Embellishments Awards
Emma Roberts’ Monique Lhuillier Resort 2009 white mini dress has an exquisite embellished neckline, which could be easily mistaken for statement necklace.

As always she paired her pretty dress with Brian Atwood black booties.

Best Legs Award
Fergie puts her best foot forward wearing a cute Marc Jacobs Resort 2010 mini dress covered with multi-coloured sequins.

I’m glad she didn’t opt for a boring LDB, but a sexy LBD with some pizazz.

I would have preferred the runway heels though, hers feel really heavy.

Simple Yet Stunning Award
Jennifer Morrison can do flashy, but she’s at her best when she keeps things simple.

The actress looks divine wearing a mint green Missoni Resort 2010 dress with a silver box clutch.

Wish Come True Award
A few years ago I was longing for Vanessa Hudgens to wear a major label and here she is wearing a purple Christian Dior Fall 2009 mini dress.

I love the dress on her, but I just wish she’d left the skirt alone. It would’ve been better cut short to allow it to flow like on the runway, than hemmed up.

Her dress was complemented with purple Brian Atwood pumps and a sliver clutch.

Pretty In Pink Award
Although I feel like I have seen this look many times before on Hayden Panettiere, there’s no denying how cute she looks in her pink Zac Posen dress with her favourite nude Christian Louboutin heels.

Best Floral Award
Ashley Greene was picture perfect wearing a Dolce & Gabbana ensemble including a light blue bustier top and floral print skirt.

I adore her ruby heels and purple clutch which complete her look.

Best Shoes Award
Ashley Tisdale wore a gorgeous wearing a cute Used/Unused bustier dress with Christian Louboutin Very Prive studded peep-toe pumps.

I told you these heels would be a hit with celebrities.

Most Sophisticated Award
At first I was miffed at Cameron Diaz for not showing off her best asset on the red carpet – her legs – but now I have come to realise that Cameron appears to have moved on from that look to a more sophisticated style.

Cameron looked so elegant and sophisticated wearing a grey figure-hugging Alexander McQueen asymmetrical zip dress.

Her stunning Pierre Hardy blue peep-toes are simply divine.

Most Cute Award
Every time I see Brenda Song on the red carpet the first thing I always say is “Ahhhh, she’s so cute”.

The cutie attempted to toughen up her look wearing a black and white Alexander Wang jersey dress with black clutch and black strappy sandals.

Most Interesting Award
Had Keke Palmer not worn the gold sequined bolero I probably wouldn’t have paid much attention to her look, but it’s so eye-catching.

The bolero adds an interesting dimension to her look.

Camilla Skovgaard ankle boots complete the look.

Best High-Street Look Award
Kristen Bell mixed a Topshop black jumpsuit with gold Jimmy Choo Flynn sandals.

[nggallery id=150]

Click here for the Worst Dressed.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Alexis Beldel's Closet - Loeffler Randall Genevieve Asymmetrical Zip Sandals

In Alexis Beldel’s Closet – Loeffler Randall Genevieve Asymmetrical Zip Sandals

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Better?  Hayden Panettiere or Audrina Patridge

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Better? Hayden Panettiere or Audrina Patridge

60 Responses to 2009 Teen Choice Awards – Best Dressed

1. serapart August 10, 2009 at 12:35 #

oh yeah, i was hoping you´d put alexis on best dressed list, she looks amazing, i can even imagine a belt for that dress, her eyes always kills me ;D
    love kristen stewards skirt and i think it fits her more than on rihanna, kristen is a rock chick and she loves to show it!!

2. Barbara August 10, 2009 at 12:38 #

im really suprised you put kristen setwart on the best dressed list.i don´t like her in that dress,i think she just can´t wear them.on model they are really cool,but on kristen..i just cant´t help myself :D but i totally love ashley tisdale,fergie and ashley green!!!!!! audrina patridge is great too.and i think emma roberts should take sandals, gladiators or something like that with that beatiful dress

3. ayuni August 10, 2009 at 12:41 #

kristen stewart is playing Joan Jett for the upcoming film The Runaways- thus the hair. I love her.
    She’s my celb crush, She’s so different

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 12:43 #

thanks for the info. I will amend

4. Mimi August 10, 2009 at 12:49 #

I think Alexis Bledel’s dress looks like something made from cheap nylon sheets. Sorry. Leighton Meester looks sensational (BDOTW?). Fergie always looks so old and plastic surgeried. Hayden Panatierre – just gorgeous. Ashley Greene looks like she forgot to put her top on over her bra. Cameron Diaz must have the most perfect figure and legs – and she looks sensational in that grey dress. Kristen Bell looks a bit like Andy Pandy.

• Rosie August 10, 2009 at 12:59 #

“Fergie always looks so old and plastic surgeried.”

Agreed! She always cheapens perfectly nice dresses!

5. Champagne August 10, 2009 at 12:52 #

I kind of get why Vanasse cut it short since she’s kind little herself.

6. Martin August 10, 2009 at 12:53 #

Okay, plenty to talk about here.

I wasn’t crazy about Alexis Bledel’s Opening Ceremony dress at all – it didn’t look particularly well-fitted in all honesty, particularly in the bust area. And the length was all wrong – shorter and cuter would’ve been a much more captivating look.

Leighton Meester, on the other hand, did everything right in her Louis Vuitton dress. Different belt from the runway, perfect length, fabulous shoes, everything about this was exceptional. Best dressed for me, by far.

Apart from that wretched hair, Kristen Stewart looks amazing in a dress that is clearly a reflection of herself and the look she feels comfortable projecting. This doesn’t look forced or put upon her at all. Love it.

Not really a fan of Fergie’s Marc Jacobs dress – she’s got this innate knack of making her clothes look so tacky – and Cameron’s Alexander McQueen dress is way too old for an event like this. Not suggesting that she needs to bare her legs and arms like the Cameron of old (which I didn’t particularly like anyway), but there is nothing fun or frivolous or flirty or even endearing about this look on her.

7. any-faye August 10, 2009 at 12:55 #

Alexis Иledel – best dressed? Oh, gosh, tastes really differ. That’s nice that she chose the dress to match her eyes’ colour, but this dress looks cheap, especially the lace.
    And Kristen… this model is definitely not for her, it makes her look square.

Not agree with half of the list.

• Fashion Critic August 10, 2009 at 17:30 #

yes tastes do differ. Life would be so boring if we all liked the same thing

8. Rosie August 10, 2009 at 12:57 #

Leighton’s look was my fave, followed by Alexis.

I hate to say it but I strongly dislike Kristen’s look…a bit too Rihanna for her.

I’m surprised that Blake or other CW girls weren’t in attendance.

9. Boeshane August 10, 2009 at 13:04 #

Alexis Bledel looks incredible !

And it’s really nice to see Vanessa Hudgens wearing something a little more hedgy. She looks stunning in Dior, But I agree with you : the skirt looks better one the runway.

And, I saw the new hairdo Kristen Stewart have for her movie. That must be really hard to do something nice with it. She make it work with dress, even if I’m really not fan of the look. I always have a problem with tank top put under a beautiful dress, but I understand why she did it.

Do you think she can sit with this skirt ?

10. Hellwafashion August 10, 2009 at 13:10 #

Never heard of Alexis Bledel before but she looks stunning the dress brings out her eyes so well.
    Look at Leighton Meester go!, let’s hope we see more like this from her. She looks fab!

11. ZzaRaZza August 10, 2009 at 13:10 #

Alexis eyes are really mesmerizing. The bright blue is very good on her but the fit is not that great.

Now Leighton looks just top notch, absolutely fabulous.

I love that V-neckline on Hayden, it looks much more gentle than the strapless dresses she likes so much.

12. JacobGH August 10, 2009 at 13:12 #

Agreed about Leighton. Definite BDOTW contender I think. For some reason just about every celeb got her shoe choice wrong at this show, but Leighton was the only one who nailed it. Are these girls’ stylists suggesting such clunky footwear? Is this a thing now? Also liked Kristen Stewart’s dress although i would have loved to see it without the tank underneath and with better shoes.

–JGH

13. Alice[*] August 10, 2009 at 13:18 #

Alexis is incredibily nice.I love everything avoutbher look.
    Leighton looks cute and the shoes are really to die for,but there’s something wrong with the hair.I don’t know.
    Kristen is always the same,but I really like her style.She has a rock attitude and she wears well this kind of dress.
    I also like Nikki,Vanessa,Cameron,Ashley T.,Ashley Green ( so cute!) and Emma who wears a stunnign dress!

14. christy August 10, 2009 at 13:23 #

Love Keke Palmer’s bolero – search for sequin bolero in the vintage category on etsy and check out a bolero titled “routine (fits all)” – i think it used to be a dress – do you think they’re (essentially) the same? clever!

15. ramona August 10, 2009 at 13:23 #

WOW I can t take my eyes from Alexis Bledel, she has some stunning eyes :X I like the dress, but also de shoes are very lovely:X Leighton Meester : she looks georgeous….she completed the perfect look with some amzing heels:X I LOVE the dress of Kristen Stewart..I would kill for a dress like this :))) Monique Lhuillier Resort 2009 is perfect!! Vanessa Hudgens is perfect!! I dislike Ashley Greene bustier top..but Iike the skirt.

16. justme August 10, 2009 at 13:26 #

I feel like the TCA are supposed to be fun so Alexis isn’t really doing it for me in that grandma dress. Neither is Cameron.

Leighton looks G-R-E-A-T. Her belt is simpler and much better than the runway model’s. And those shoes… <33

Kristen always looks a mess imo. Is she serious with that tank top? If she couldn’t handle the sexiness, she should’ve picked another dress.

Vanessa looks cute. I agree though, the skirt was fine the way it was lol.

17. Regina August 10, 2009 at 13:27 #

Keke Palmer was a surprise.

Nikki Reed’s modification makes her dress look like Louis Vuitton.

Emma Roberts’ Monique Lhullier dress reminds me of that dress Freida Pinto wore to Chanel fashion show several months back.

• Alicia August 10, 2009 at 21:13 #

Oh me too! That’s exactly what I thought when I saw it, only the Chanel one was a little more interesting.

18. Agi August 10, 2009 at 13:33 #

Does anyone have any idea what brand Ashley Tisdale’s clutch is? I spent my whole day trying to figure it out but still have no clue…

• Audrey August 19, 2009 at 13:53 #

Ashley is wearing a three-tone velvet cocktail dress by Used/Unused.

• Audrey August 19, 2009 at 13:58 #

(Sorry if this is a double post- I didn’t see my comment the first time I replied to Agi)
      Ashley’s wearing a three-tone velvelt cocktail dress by Used/Unused.

• Agi August 20, 2009 at 12:48 #

Thanks Audrey, but that I already knew:) I was interested in the clutch – which turned out to be Judith Lieber by the way.

19. Jasmina August 10, 2009 at 14:06 #

Vanessa is best dressed for me.. she finally wears major label and something edgier… lovin it <3

20. Camilla August 10, 2009 at 14:18 #

Really like Vanessa Hudgens’s look, but she should have put her hair in a big ponytail, keeping it young, but also showing the dress detail.

• Yaara August 10, 2009 at 22:02 #

Exactly what I thought! What’s the point of wearing this dress if your hair covers all the details?

21. Lexa August 10, 2009 at 14:23 #

I think Fergie cheapens that Marc Jacobs dress. On the model it looks really lovely, not so on Fergie. I also think Cameron’s look is way too ‘old’ for this ‘young’ event. The rest of the looks are really OK. I also liked what Jennifer Morrison wore.

22. Lexa August 10, 2009 at 14:25 #

oh, and about Kristen’s hair again – it looks even worse from the side. I think a good hairdresser could to anything better than that. The rest of her look is good though.

23. Hilary August 10, 2009 at 14:31 #

Oh Leighton!!She looks STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING!I actually gasped when I saw her…so young and funky…Amazing, girl..

24. Ayesha August 10, 2009 at 14:40 #

WOW..keke palmer looks amazing. I love the fitted jumpsuit.

25. Victoria August 10, 2009 at 15:08 #

So many good looks at the TCA I can’t pick a favourite! But I liked Alexis, Leighton, Emma, Fergie and Vanessa the most! :)

26. Victoria August 10, 2009 at 15:22 #

OMG! Leighton Meester’s dress totally playful, she looks GREAT. Just like Ashley Tisdale. By the way Ashley wore a Use/Unused dress.
    Good to see a hungarian designer’s dress on the “red” carpet.

• csipkerózsa August 22, 2009 at 19:47 #

Yes, im really looking forward for some Nanushka , Ahn Tuan, Konsánszky on the Hollywood “red” carpet.

27. Maybell August 10, 2009 at 16:14 #

Kristen Stewart looks friggin hot! I love how she is the only girl that stands out in all these pictures. Btw, she’s one of the few with any acting ability.
    Why is Alexis on the list. I love her as an actress, but that dress is s***. The color and form is awful and it doesn’t go with her shoes at all! Love her eyes tho :P <3

28. nicole August 10, 2009 at 16:18 #

when i first saw the pis from the red carpet alexis was my fav!!! im soo happy she was ures too!
    leighton, ashley greene, nikki and jordana were my other favs..
    sorry but im not loving kstew at all.

29. Helena August 10, 2009 at 16:44 #

Leighton looks great.

I want to like Alexis’ outfit, but it’s pretty bad. Ill-fitting dress plus mismatch shoes. I admire her for taking a risk, though.

30. nazareth August 10, 2009 at 16:46 #

ahsley tisdale always looks the same to me, about kristen i just like the bottom of her dress, keke and alexis EWWW!!, leighton’s dress looks GREAT, cameron seems old an boring so as fergie, love ashley greene and emma roberts styles, i can’t stand vanessa hudgens so i’m not talking about her..Jordana Brewster and hayden are also one of my favorites, the other ones no comments

31. eimear August 10, 2009 at 17:39 #

Alexis for best dressed? DEAR GOD NO. She looks like shes wearing her moms dress to go to church.. the hems too long and its so ill fitting.
    Keke Palmer is definitely the best dressed.. or Ashley Tis…

32. nyma August 10, 2009 at 17:51 #

I was wondering where Abigail Breslin was in your cover of the teen choice awards ? I saw a picture of her in a hot pink, embroidered frock and suede boots. I think she looked real cute for her age. I don’t get Amanda Bynes. Wht is her claim to fame again ?FC, ur being nice by calling her uninspiring. I think she’s just mundane. My favorite so far though is Leighton Meester. She just blew it outta the park with the LV dress, loves it!

33. hepmoda August 10, 2009 at 18:15 #

Leigton and Vanessa are my favorites. Ä° like Leighton’s red shoes and i want them.

34. Rachel Marie August 10, 2009 at 18:55 #

Well played, Leighton, you look better than the model! The shoes are perfect.

35. Lexa August 10, 2009 at 20:55 #

O, I see Jen Morrison :) How beautiful she looks :) That Missoni dress on the model looks awful ;) but the modified version on Jennifer – simply stunning! :)

36. Emily August 10, 2009 at 21:20 #

Kristen Stewart is fast becoming a one to watch for me. She manages to do her own thing without trying to hard or looking like a starlet clone.

Leighton’s look is my favourite. She’s been making some bad choices lately (hello Kane dress!), but this look is pin-up darling.

Vanessa also looks good.

37. Sari August 10, 2009 at 22:13 #

Leighton Meester isn’t one of my fav in the red carpet.. but this time WOOOOWWWW!! She looks perfect. In other hand Cameron lokk very boring and old, and that dress was much better in Anna Paquin.

38. Bella August 11, 2009 at 02:55 #

Alexis looks great, love the look but I wouldn’t call her the best dress of the night.

My faves of the night would be Cameron and Leighton. I really like the rest of your list as well.

Cameron looks gorgeous! The dress looks great on her body (looks like she also gained weight recently which adds to the more fitting look of the dress). Love the heels with the pop of color! Love everything! And here I was expecting her to go more casual.

Leighton looks great. Pretty face! Edgy and fun dress and hot shoes!

Is this really the 1st time Vanessa Hudgens is wearing a major label? She has great hair but she should have kept it off her shoulder to show more of the front of the dress. But I can see why she put forward if the dress is really see-through.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your list. I probably would’ve added Selena Gomez and Kim Kardashian tho if it wasn’t for their hair.

39. Tina August 11, 2009 at 05:37 #

love it alot all of them especially cameron

40. kerkosau August 11, 2009 at 07:03 #

I noticed Cameron stained her gorgeous alexander mcqueen dress. Look closely the wet surface near her underarm. The area must have been hot she perspired. LOL

41. sonia August 11, 2009 at 15:41 #

Ashley Tisdale is the best! And soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeee

42. hi August 11, 2009 at 18:51 #

ASHLEY TISDSLE WAS BEST DRESSED OUT OF ALLL

43. hi August 11, 2009 at 18:51 #

ashley tisdale

44. Flora August 11, 2009 at 21:07 #

I do like Emma Roberts look but I always get her confused with Emmy Rossum, and not just because they have the same initials – they have similar taste in interesting if not exactly edgy mini dresses.

Apart from Emma I’m only going to comment on people whom I could identify in a police line-up, so that leaves me with about four names, I guess:

Vanessa Hudgens: nice colour but she seems to alternate between cutesy mini dresses and figure-swamping maxis. I would like to see her wear something a bit shocking for a change – maybe even some trousers!

Kristen Stewart: Twilight is obviously a laughable load of old toss, but I do like her, she seems such a breath of fresh air in the tanned and buffed environs of Hollywood. At an event where it seems it was compulsory to wear a mini dress, hers still really stood out and suited her personality.

Kristen Bell: Alright, so i’m a little bored of jumpsuits now, but she’s NOT WEARING A CUTE MINI!!! A thousand points to her for not going the obvious route, and for always looking pleased to be there.

Ashley Tisdale: shiny metallic mini-dress, I’m sure I’ve seen her wearing a hundred variations on this theme at a hundred other awards shows. She needs to change her style a bit, maybe surprise people.

Fergie: it’s a nice enough dress, but I agree that whatever she wears she looks like someone’s mum (over) dressed up for a night out with her teenage daughter. it would look a lot better on someone else, to be honest.

Leighton Meester: great frock – I do love stripes, they always make you look young and fun – but I would like to see her do something different with her hair. I suppose she’s not allowed to cut it while she’s filming.

Hayden Panettiere – usually I like Hayden, but this is so sickly-cute it makes me want to throw a pint over her, just to punk it up a bit. Nobody should wear pastel pink over the age of eight.

The lovely Dr Cameron from House – I do like Miss Morrison, she always looks classy, whatever she’s wearing. This is a lovely colour too, subtle and very flattering. It doesn’t jump out at you and scream “I’m at the Teen Choice Awards!” like some of the shiny teeny tiny frocks on display either.

45. hector August 11, 2009 at 23:25 #

i love ashley tisdale!!!!!!!

46. Laura August 12, 2009 at 07:54 #

Vanessa the best! For me..

47. Anonimo August 12, 2009 at 10:02 #

I vote for Ashley Tisdale!

48. Hayley August 12, 2009 at 16:45 #

Iknow it’s not on there but, does anyone know were Miranda Cosgrove’s dress is from?

49. Nene August 14, 2009 at 02:23 #

Alexis Bledel- I love Alexis’s dress. I love that she used the USA colors. I want to steal her eye color, it’s so pretty.

Leighton Meester- her dress is so adorable and playful. I love how Leighton is always taking risks.

Jordana Brewster- Jordana’s dress is sexy. I love the neckline

Kristen Stewart-Kristen always dresses with her personality. It’s very her.

Nikki Reed-I LOVE Nikki, she’s so stunning, I love the modification she did to the dress. I also love the hair, it’s cute.

Audrina Patridge-I love the color of Audrina’s dress. I love the color of the shoes even more.

Emma Roberts-Emma looks very edgy in this dress

Fergie- I love that she didn’t go boring and added multicolor sequins stripes.

Jennifer Morrison- The dress is very simple, i like her hair style

Vanessa Hudgens- The dress is playful. I know the dress is purple, but it looks blue to me.

Hayden Panettiere looks adorable in this dress. the color is so sweet looking. Her hair to me is very 50’s.

Ashley greene- Ashley looks so cute in her dress. I love the floral skirt.

Ashley Tisdale- Ashley looks beautiful in this dress. I don’t like the dark liner, she could lighten it up a bit.

Cameron-Cam looks sophisticated. I like that she added blue peep-toe heels to added a pop of color.

Brenda Song-Brenda is so cute, she’s always so cute. I love her hair, but something’s not right, I think the foundation is to pale.

Keke Palmer-Keke’s outfit is very simple, but she added the gold bolero to mix it up a bit.

Kristen bell-I love kristen. I love the look, and how she didn’t go with the soft, cutie look and edged it out a bit.

50. Ilovefasion February 4, 2010 at 03:50 #

I think Alexis’s dress makes her long and rectangular. Not a fan. Fergie’s dress looks like plastic but I do like the stripes.

My favourite… Vanessa Hudgens! Ashley Greene comes in a close second!

I do not like Kristen’s dress. When I first saw it I honestly covered my eyes. Sorry people. I just don’t like it. Good for her for perservering with that hairstyle.

Keke… Really?
    I get it, but WOW!

51. Hailey March 9, 2010 at 16:01 #

okay I absolutely hate alexis bledels look and kristen looks horrendous!!! I really loved leightons outfit- she looks amaazzzing!!! I also liked the way vanessa changged up her dress- it flatered her and showed her style