Runway To LAX – Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

Yesterday it was announced that Victoria Beckham will be a guest judge on “American Idol”.

Am I the only one who hates this idea?

I thought Victoria had shelved the music industry in order to concentrate on her fashion line and be seen as a serious designer.

The thought of her sitting in Paula Abdul’s old chair critiquing tone-deaf deluded “singers” just leaves me cold.

Victoria was spotted at LAX yesterday looking as chic as ever despite the touches of de ja vu – Hermes Birkin, sunglasses, headband and Trib Two’s.

She was wearing the black bouclé Alavoine mini dress with gold embroidery from her own Fall 2009 collection.

This is one of the very few pieces from her collection that didn’t sell out immediately when it was uploaded onto Net-A-Porter recently.

You can purchase this dress from the Net-A-Porter US site for $1,785, or the Net-A-Porter International site for £1,190/€1,488.

Credit: INFevents.com & Style.com

Rita Ora In Emanuel Ungaro & Hervé Léger By Max Azria - Avalon & SLS Las Vegas Hotel Grand Opening

Rita Ora In Emanuel Ungaro & Hervé Léger By Max Azria – Avalon & SLS Las Vegas Hotel Grand Opening

Victoria Beckham Takes One Dress To Denver...

Victoria Beckham Takes One Dress To Denver…

18 Responses to Runway To LAX – Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham Collection

1. marvel August 7, 2009 at 14:31 #

I hate the idea as well. I remember a quote she said after the spice girls reunion tour
    ‘I wasnt that good at singing but i am really passionate about fashion. its something ive always wanted to do’
    something along those lines.

2. robbie August 7, 2009 at 14:33 #

WTF her a judge on american idol, what the heck does she know about music, singing and oh wait TALENT! also heard they will have katy perry yet another talentness wannabe as a guest judge.

anyway i have to say the dress is really nice but far too over priced £1,190 for that!

3. Mimi August 7, 2009 at 14:54 #

Don’t think appearing on American Idol will do much for her image as it will expose her empty character. I always wonder why they don’t have judges on these programmes who are experts at what they are judging.

4. harris August 7, 2009 at 15:01 #

The reason she is doing the American Idol judging is because she and Simon Cowell are close friends and he asked her to do it.

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2009 at 18:22 #

I think it has more to do with Simon Fuller than Simon Cowell. Simon Fuller pulls her puppet strings. He is her manager after all.

5. ayesha August 7, 2009 at 15:18 #

It´s all about publicity, exposure, power and money!!! Apparently she is not interested about being a permanent judge, she´ll be just a “star guest” but still…
    However I love her dress, I think I´m loving her collection

6. shubby doo August 7, 2009 at 15:22 #

i’m not too fussed about a guest spot but i would have been seriously peeved if she was being touted as Abdul’s actually replacement…she can’t sing…she never could…guessing it’s just another of her plys to keep her in the limelight! makes sense with a new collection

7. anne August 7, 2009 at 16:08 #

why is she so hung up on these trib two’s and the black birkin bag ? just to think of all the shoes and bags she owns …

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2009 at 18:20 #

I totally agree. She must have separate closets for bags and shoes, yet she gives us the same thing time after time.

• anne August 7, 2009 at 20:14 #

I really want her to come back to her fabulous looks but for some reason i just don’t see it coming any time soon. I feel like she lost her appetite for fashion :(

8. Justme August 7, 2009 at 20:25 #

I’m going to be mean but she doesn’t know much more about fashion than she does about music.
    I don’t think she’s passionate about anything, she just enjoys the exposure/attention.

9. Pen Pen August 8, 2009 at 05:24 #

Well, can I at least applaud the fact that she looks better than the modal in the dress?

10. Talita August 8, 2009 at 07:07 #

Does anyone know the brand of her sunglasses?

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2009 at 08:09 #

dVb. her own label

11. Swatky August 8, 2009 at 13:39 #

I think that it would be nice to see her as judge… Just think, it would be a chanse for her to have a fabolous runway, as she is such a fashionista… She allready had her debut, in Denver, wearing some colour actually… :-) She wore violet Giral dress from her own collection… :-D <3

12. Rachel Marie August 8, 2009 at 19:21 #

I do hate the idea (I fear her acceptance is a misguided attempt at winning the love the public shows her husband. The fash-pack loves you enough for anyone, Victoria!) but I adore the subtle sparkle of this dress. I am also drawn to this McQueen Knuckle Duster Clutch to the right. Any item that combines jewelry with an essential accessory is genius. You have fierce taste, FC.

• Fashion Critic August 8, 2009 at 20:31 #

Thanks so much Rachel. I like anything that slightly strange or has a lot of detail.

13. Krisha August 9, 2009 at 14:15 #

Victoria is such a HYPOCRITE! I could not believe she accepted to be a guest judge, all she seems to care about these days is money money money and attention.

Used to love her back in early 2000-ish…now she is an attention seeker