06.08.09 On Set With...

On The “Gossip Girl” Set With Taylor Momsen Wearing Emilio Pucci

After Taylor Momsen’s Teen Vogue interview she went down in a lot of our estimations.

I’ll take Miley over Taylor any day, and Miley wants to make me scratch my eyes out so that’s how low she has fallen for me.

I thew my toys out of the pram and said “life’s just not fair” that Little J got to wear this stunning Emilio Pucci Fall 2009 strapless mini dress on the “Gossip Girl” set yesterday.

I love the zipper details which expose sequin panels.

Silver ankle booties, a crucifix pendant and classic Ray Ban aviators completed the look.

From Hilary Duff’s, Leighton Meester’s and Blake Lively’s looks it’s safe to assume they are shooting a party scene.

I promise this is the last “Gossip Girl” post of today. But there are still more looks to come tomorrow. These girls are on fire.

Credit: WWD.com & Fame Pictures

Cat Deeley In Alberta Ferretti - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Cat Deeley In Alberta Ferretti – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

"Gossip Girl" Loves Topshop

“Gossip Girl” Loves Topshop

27 Responses to On The “Gossip Girl” Set With Taylor Momsen Wearing Emilio Pucci

1. Hannah August 6, 2009 at 18:09 #

Isn’t she supposed to be playing the girl who can’t afford designer clothes?

• Justme August 6, 2009 at 19:16 #

Thank youuuu! That has always bothered me. Even in the 1st season, she was rocking Burberry bags. Like hello? She’s supposed to be the daughter of some broke artist from BK -_-.

• Gasp August 6, 2009 at 23:28 #

You are soo right! I’ve been questioning the same thing since the first episode.. ‘Come on: no Brooklyn girl could afford those amazing accessories, like Tarantino flowers/headband (which I own and adoooore) or designer handbags!

• caroline May 2, 2011 at 16:54 #

yeah but in this season her father is married too lily van der woodsen, so she can afford much more now

2. Matt August 6, 2009 at 19:02 #

The thing about Taylor is she tries so hard to be edgy, She went downhill really fast. I’m so tired of her, her edgy look is sooo stupid. Rihanna is edgy, you are not.

• greta August 7, 2009 at 15:46 #

uuh,no,u’re wrong,rihann’s not edgy

3. Terry August 6, 2009 at 19:08 #

The dress is lovely, but it looks trashy on her. I hate those curly hair! And what about the Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses she seems never to take off???

4. Ally August 6, 2009 at 19:14 #

I am reeeally not liking those shoes with that dress. What a waste…

• GRACE August 8, 2009 at 10:48 #

I really agree! I wish she’d worn it like the model: X the silver shoes, crucifix, sunglasses and red lipstick. Although then I suppose she won’t be Momsen anymore.

5. Ally August 6, 2009 at 19:19 #

Peter Pan wants his shoes back.

Can whoever does her hair please put down the peroxide bottle already? Her hair is going to start coming off in clumps if they keep dying it that extreme, unnatural color. When did it become such a bad thing to have dark blonde hair?

• Gasp August 6, 2009 at 23:30 #

Those shoes are simply awful!! She could write a book: “How to ruin an outfit with only ONE accessory”!!

• marvel August 18, 2009 at 20:40 #

lol at the book title!!

6. Justme August 6, 2009 at 19:23 #

Way to ruin a beautiful dress. That necklace has no business being there and those shoes are… yes no.
    Anyone else finds it funny that she swears she’s this confident badass but ALWAYS poses in this awkward tweenie stance?

7. stuti August 6, 2009 at 19:48 #

How amazing are those runway shoes?
    Am sorry, am just trying to avoid looking at Taylor. I dont want that ego to radiate into me. :/
    FC, dont edit this please? :P

8. eimear August 6, 2009 at 19:48 #

those boots are RAANNK.

9. mila August 6, 2009 at 20:10 #

She looks great in that dress!

10. Boeshane August 6, 2009 at 21:23 #

This dress is stunning and she just get it all wrong. This embelished dress need some soft, tasteful accessorises, not those silver boots (Peter Pan’s shoes, that’s it) and those heavy glasses.

And the hairs ! Gosh, I loved so much the silky hairs of her character when I descovered GG, and she just destroy all the interesting points of her appearance.

This look shows all her immaturity. She should work with a stylist. Or at least, I don’t know ? Look in a mirror ?

11. Rachel Marie Walsh August 6, 2009 at 22:03 #

She has very well established, talented stylist, Eric Daman. I interviewed him for his friend Diane Pernet’s site, ashadedviewonfashion.com. He allows cast input into his work, which explains how Jenny (who is small, busty artist in the books) ended up a skinny, rock chick fashionista. This dress is amazing, fingers crossed that there is a plausible plot point behind it.

Her Teen Vogue interview was obnoxious as hell but imagine how she will feel re-reading it in five years….

• Shami August 7, 2009 at 01:14 #

I can’t imagine the things I said when I was 15, so I am sure you are right. She will definitely (hopefully) regret that interview in a few years…..

Those boots are fine, but NOT with that dress. She needs some black strappy heels and a bottle of brown hair dye ASAP.

12. Mackentiff August 7, 2009 at 00:46 #

I love love this dress.

13. Rose August 7, 2009 at 02:11 #

I’m hating on those shoes too, but I actually don’t mind this look, it’s kind of a relief. The hair, while I may hate on others, is a welcome change to her birds nest!

14. Martin August 7, 2009 at 05:14 #

Sorry, I may be in the minority here, but this dress – both on the model and on Taylor – screams tacky to me. And the way in which she is styled in it just makes it appear all the more cheaper.

15. lan August 7, 2009 at 11:44 #

i dont get why everybody keeps having a go at taylor herself.. pretty sure its the wardrobe department that chooses what she wears? (well in the photos of her working anyway) i imagine she may get a slight input into it but definitely not every part of every outfit she wears.

• Fashion Critic August 7, 2009 at 11:45 #

In order to understand please read the latest edition of Teen Vogue.

16. Sarah March 18, 2010 at 16:30 #

Hi how do I get hold of this dress to buy, its fab!! x

• Fashion Critic March 18, 2010 at 16:45 #

It’s a Spring 2010 dress so it should be in stores now.

17. Tess April 22, 2011 at 03:53 #

does anyone know the name of the brand of the shoe?
    where does the shoe come from?
    tell me!