06.08.09 On Set With...

On The “Gossip Girl” Set With Hilary Duff Wearing Marchesa

Hilary Duff was spotted on the “Gossip Girl” set yesterday looking really good wearing Christian Louboutin ‘Bianca’ pumps with a Marchesa Spring 2009 gold dress draped with a black chiffon overlay.

You may remember that this dress has been worn on the red carpet by Miley Cyrus and Georgina Chapman.

Hilary Duff’s “Gossip Girl” character is called Olivia Burke. Olivia is a movie star who enrolls at NYU in search of a traditional college experience. She ends up rooming with Vanessa (Jessica Szohr).

It seems like even though Duff’s character is a movie star, they’ve given her a very laid back casual look including Siwy distressed jeans and a Kain Label pocket tee.

Duff has been seen on set carrying a Valentino bag, but in these pictures she’s carrying a Givenchy chain belt maxi nightingale bag which has just shot to no.1 on my wish list.

Duff will debut in the fourth episode of season 3, slated to air October 5 in the US.

Leighton Meester, Taylor Momsen, Jessica Szohr and Blake Lively’s looks from yesterday will follow.

Credit: Style.com & PacificCoastNews

Runway To "A Perfect Getaway" LA Premiere - Milla Jovovich In Temperley London

Runway To “A Perfect Getaway” LA Premiere – Milla Jovovich In Temperley London

"Spread" Las Vegas Screening

“Spread” Las Vegas Screening

15 Responses to On The “Gossip Girl” Set With Hilary Duff Wearing Marchesa

1. Gasp August 6, 2009 at 11:11 #

I love this Marchesa dress! And I absolutely prefer it on Hilary than on Miley!
    I’m looking forward to seeing this new season of Gossip Girl: I’m soooo addicted!

2. LolaSvelt August 6, 2009 at 11:22 #

I like how they’re not giving her the stereotypical cliched movie star look.

3. Camilla August 6, 2009 at 12:08 #

The clothes are all rather unflattering on Hilary, unfortunately they make her look bigger than she is – sort out the wardrobe GG!

• Adam August 6, 2009 at 14:47 #

I agree – it doesn’t help that Hilary isn’t exactly the smallest girl to begin with. She’s going to look somewhat out of place next to very toned girls like Blake and Leighton.

• shubby doo August 6, 2009 at 15:01 #

funny i was thinking the same thing too

4. zoe August 6, 2009 at 15:50 #

it looks like they took inspiration from ashley olsen for the character of olivia burke. the olsens or at least one of them went to NYU for a traditional college experience and ashley is known for her love affair with the givenchy nightingale bag. that bag is so beautiful.

• Fashion Critic August 6, 2009 at 16:16 #

Well done for finding that connection.

5. Justme August 6, 2009 at 19:54 #

Except for the Marchesa dress in which she looks great (hard not to considering the fabulosity of that dress), Hilary kinda looks a mess. Her clothes make her look big, which is odd since she’s not.

I disapprove of her being on the show and clearly someone from the GG wardrobe department shares my feelings lol.

6. Rachel Marie Walsh August 6, 2009 at 22:16 #

Methinks you could have worked that Givenchy bag better, FC.

• Fashion Critic August 6, 2009 at 22:18 #

I hope I get a chance to work it :)

7. M August 7, 2009 at 04:02 #

She does injustice to whatever she wears. Her built kind of looks storky. She makes the Marchesa dress look wide and the Givenchy bag look bad. Miley wore it much better. The bag looks better on Liv Tyler or even Ashley Tisdale. Among all the GG cast, I would say Hilary is the least outstanding and would appear short and storky.

• Dana August 7, 2009 at 22:52 #

Well, M, don’t hold back!
      Hilary Duff is a beautiful girl with amazing hair and a great proportional body. She has had weight struggles, and I’ll just say that I much prefer her healthy, slightly more pounds on it frame than bones popping out skinny!
      Love her wardrobe, actually. Very cute.

• Aicha August 8, 2009 at 19:49 #

I agree. Hilary had become alarmingly skinny at one point. It’s always best to be healthy.
        That said, I don’t much like what they’re doing with her wardrobe on the show, either.

8. Krisha August 9, 2009 at 14:37 #

White makes everyone look bigger, especially if it is an oversized tshirt with skinny skinny jeans, so you can’t blame hilary for that.

Although im not one to judge anyones weight or looks, because i’m not perfect, i must admit Hilary has put on a bit of weight. At one stage she was WAY too skinny but then she got back on track and was healthy, but now she is getting a bit large for her frame. I don’t know if its fat or muscle tone from working out with weights too much.

I’ve also noticed her boyfriend has put on a lot of weight, it must be love. But its not good to go from one extreme to the next with the whole of hollywood there to critise you.

9. Lily August 21, 2009 at 12:03 #

No offence Hilary, but white is not a good color on you!!

she looks normal in the Marchesa dress and the first outfit (blue tee & black pants) but the rest… not a good look for her body.