04.08.09 Premiere

“Los Abrazos Rotos (Broken Embraces)” Berlin Premiere & Photocall

After wowing us in her red Bottega Veneta ensemble last week, Penelope Cruz appears to be on a roll as she looked outstanding wearing a forest green custom Herve L. Leroux gown to the Berlin premiere of “Los Abrazos Rotos (Broken Embraces)” yesterday.

I adore her draped one-shoulder gown as its such a classic red carpet look.

She really got everything right from the make-up, the subtle jewelry and her hair pulled back to show-off her neckline.

Regular readers will know that during awards season I was really frustrated with Cruz, but she appears to be back on top of her game.

Despite this laid back casual look for the “Broken Embraces” photocall in Berlin, Penelope still looks very glamorous in jeans, a black blazer, a chiffon print blouse and black peep-toes.

Credit: Wireimage

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy - The Hollywood Reporter Nominees' Night 2013

Jessica Chastain In Givenchy – The Hollywood Reporter Nominees’ Night 2013

Katherine Heigl Wearing Naeem Khan To "The Ugly Truth" London Premiere

Katherine Heigl Wearing Naeem Khan To “The Ugly Truth” London Premiere

9 Responses to “Los Abrazos Rotos (Broken Embraces)” Berlin Premiere & Photocall

1. Gaber August 4, 2009 at 14:02 #

The green gown is what other Best Dressed nominees need to surpass. And let me tell you now already – it’s going to be hard.
    Stunning.

2. mol August 4, 2009 at 15:18 #

This is perfect in every way!

3. Willa August 4, 2009 at 15:42 #

Hmm, the green gown is pretty, but it’s not really doing any favors to her body, it seems to be fitting her waist/hips in a strange way.

• Pablo August 4, 2009 at 20:13 #

True. It seems Penelope has a weird hip-area…

I’ve seen her live and she’s really thin, but in many ocassions she’s worn gowns that have made her look wide… Pity!! :)

Like the green look anyway. And like the casual look too. Great hair.

• Fashion Critic August 5, 2009 at 09:09 #

It was confirmed today that she is pregnant

4. nicole August 4, 2009 at 18:39 #

she looks amazing. the green dress with the makeup and simple hair and accessories works. Best dressed nominne for sure i think.

5. Rachel Marie Walsh August 4, 2009 at 18:49 #

I have to respectfully disagree re: the dress. This is a terrible colour choice and washes out her natural Ibicenca skin. Even her apricot blusher can’t perk it up. Willa- you are right, the asymmetry is off. It may be how she is standing but the bust is uneven. I wish I could get a closer look at her cocktail ring, though. I love a K.O. cocktail ring! I also like an unstructured blazer, it reminds me of early Armani, but cuffed jeans are tacky and unecessary. Especially on such a tall lady.

6. Justme August 4, 2009 at 19:31 #

Beautiful dress, not sure if it’s the right one for her. The color suits her but doesn’t do anything for her shape.

Nothing bad to say about the photocall’s look though. Niiice.

7. Gaber August 5, 2009 at 01:08 #

Might I suggest to take a look at additional photos from the premiere? Just saw a piece on it on TV, and gosh did the dress look insane. These two pictures do not do it justice!
    It really is that good.