04.08.09

CBS, CW And Showtime All-Star Party

My second “Oh No She Didn’t” of the week goes to Jenna Elfman who channeled her inner Charlize Theron, wearing the same gold metallic Lanvin Pre-Fall 2009 dress which Charlize wore to the “The Burning Plain” Paris Premiere back in March.

I like the dress but I don’t feel Jenna did it any justice mostly because she opted out of the black belt which gives the dress more shape.

Jenna’s dress just hangs around her middle like a sack.

Jessica Stroup is probably the only young actress who always seems to get it so right on the red carpet. She’s never faltered.

I adore her cute ensemble which includes a Stella McCartney sleeveless top, Catherine Malandrino black shorts and Stella McCartney gold trim platform pumps.

I’m loving the new bob.  It really suits her.

Annalynne McCord makes it a 3peat for this Alice + Olivia black and white strapless dress.

Amber Tamblyn and Khloe Kardashian have worn this dress already.

This dress is a huge step away from the slinky body-con dresses we are used to seeing Annalynne wear.  I’m not really feeling this look at all on her.

Sophia Bush’s floral dress gives me a warm fuzzy feeling of Autumn day when the leaves are falling off the trees, whilst the sun is shining on a beautiful day.

The whole look has a 40s vibe to it with the hair, the bold red lips and the dress.  Dita would love it.

I do like Shenae Grimes’ pink Camilla & Marc bustier dress, but it’s quite ironic that she fails to fill the dress.

As a result the dress doesn’t really flatter her which is disappointing as the colour is divine on her.

Jennifer Love Hewitt opt for an ice white strapless dress with a tie on the hip, but I’m more drawn to her stunning nude peep-toes with a cute bow detail.

Ashlee Simpson continues to channel her inner rock chick wearing this grey tweed dress with a lot of added leather and chiffon detail which mixes sweet with sassy.

Her look is paired with a black clutch and Balenciaga heels.

Elle Macpherson never met a Herve Leger dress she didn’t like.

This is two events in a row she has opted for a bandage dress.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Mad Men Season 4 Finale Red Carpet

Mad Men Season 4 Finale Red Carpet

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Charlize Theron or Jenna Elfman

Who Wore Lanvin Better? Charlize Theron or Jenna Elfman

19 Responses to CBS, CW And Showtime All-Star Party

1. Jude August 4, 2009 at 16:07 #

I really like Sophia’s look. I’m glad she opted for something a bit more mature for a change, although I would really love to see her in something edgy, more high fashion I do think she looks lovely here – very classic.

Jessica Stroup reminds me a bit of Sophia, she always picks classic choices and looks very put together. I am coveting her look – so simple and yet looks fab.

Totally agree with you about Shanae – gorgeous colour, awful fit.

2. Hellwafashion August 4, 2009 at 16:20 #

Jennifer Love Hewitt’s about the only one who does it for me. Her dress is amazing & accessorized to perfection.

3. marina August 4, 2009 at 16:40 #

Elle Macpherson looks like a hot mess
    I really like Sophia Bush’s look but it’s too much Dita’s
    Annalynne McCord -a disappointment
    Jessica Stroup is soooo cute! Best dreesed of this event

4. ZzaRaZza August 4, 2009 at 16:47 #

I’m scared of Elle’s hair

5. marvel August 4, 2009 at 16:51 #

Stroup looks really cute but a bit too much black

Sophia looks absolutely brilliant. Very Dita I agree but this is the best she has looked for a while and no Trib Two’s in sight!!

• Fashion Critic August 4, 2009 at 17:33 #

I’m glad you liked the look. I know you are a huge fan of hers.

• marvel August 4, 2009 at 17:46 #

6. LolaSvelt August 4, 2009 at 17:34 #

AnnaLynne – er, that dress is so cheap. Anne Hathaway ruled the original and all the wannabes stumble with their crappy knockoff.

Elle’s hair is terrible and it seems that doesn’t really care for getting dressed up any more. She wears the same boring dresses all the time.

Jessica Stroup really is one of the few young actresses that never bores me on the red carpet. She’s consistently interesting.

Shenae – oh dear. Bustier dresses are not for her.

If you were to create a Worst Dressed of the Week poll, it would be a hard competition between Jenna Elfman and that hot tranny who wore the Balmain knock off. How to ruin a dress – just follow Jenna Elfman. Wear cheap shoes and wear the belt in an awkward place.

7. mol August 4, 2009 at 17:34 #

Jessica Stroup, youthful summer perfection; Elle Macpherson, fried hair, real skin baked tan – not a good look!

8. Ally August 4, 2009 at 17:45 #

I LOVE Sophia’s floral dress. It might just be that I am partial to autumn colors but it is beautiful. And for once, I don’t mind the dark red lips. It might be too early to call, but she is def. a contender for best dressed of the week for me!

• marvel August 4, 2009 at 21:03 #

Agreed!

9. zoe August 4, 2009 at 17:51 #

this was a pretty well dressed event. jenna elfman doesn’t look that bad, but charlize definitely looked better.

jessica stroup looks so perfect. the bob looks great on her and she has such a nice smile.

i am not liking annalynne’s look…:/ get back to awesomeness annalynne!

sophia bush looks so gorgeous. loving it! her dress is definitely giving me that warm fuzzy feeling as well, especially after i read your very detailed description of the perfect autumn day. fuzzy fuzzy fuzzy. :)

shenae grimes looks good. even though she’s flat…there are a lot of flat girls out there! we all can’t have big basoomas.

jennifer looks awesome as well….ashley is so boring. can she do something interesting please? i don’t know what’s going on with elle mcpherson…she does look good…to a certain extent, but i’m getting the feeling that she’s trying too hard?

10. Justme August 4, 2009 at 19:40 #

I didn’t know Jessica had a bob, it looks great. I agree, the girl knows how to dress, that Stella McCartney top is cute.

Annalynne irritates the hell outta me.

Sophia is one of my girl crushes so I’m biased but she looks lovely. Her foundation seems a little light but I think that’s the look she was going for. BDTW list, please?

Can someone explain Elle’s hair situation?

11. Allie August 4, 2009 at 21:09 #

The skirt Ashlee is wearing is soooo hot its a david Alexander Skirt! SO GORG!

12. Joana August 4, 2009 at 23:12 #

I love that Jessica Stroup always looks so classy, fresh and gorgeous!!

and Completely Off-Topic but with her face and body, she could totally pull off a “Megan Fox look” but this is way more beautifull!!!

13. Louisa August 5, 2009 at 03:46 #

I might be alone in saying this, but I’m a big fan of Elle’s look here. Loving the voluminous, crazy hair, the white of the dress against her enviable tan, her make up is flawless and natural and, of course, she is not known as The Body for nothing! The dress flatters her to a tee. Elle is not about overly-made up or structured looks and this suits her beach-chic style.

14. Jackie August 5, 2009 at 07:19 #

I don’t think Jenna Elfman looks that bad. It’s kinda weird but I don’t hate it! The belt at the waist would have done a lot! Too bad!

I love Jessica Stroup! It’s too much back for my liking but it’s still cute! I really like her!

I hate this Alice + Olivia dress. Annalynne should’ve stuck to her usual. The shoes also don’t work. Also hate the belt.

Sophia Bush looks the BOMB! The print is very bold but the style is gorgeous. She’s perfect from head to toe! Dita is proud! BEST DRESSED PLEASE!

I completely agree with your take on Shenae Grimes’s and Jen Love Hewitt’s outfits. Don’t really like the dress but I LOVE the shoes!

Elle looks like a mad woman due to her retarded hair. I dislike. Bandage dresses need to be toned down or everyone looks like a fool wearing them or maybe this is just coming from us non-celebrity onlookers.

15. ullis August 5, 2009 at 09:31 #

wow sophia looks stunning actually! Id say def a best dressed contestant :) wow i love the dita look, but she manages to look “sophia” while doing it which is impressing.

16. Parvati August 5, 2009 at 12:43 #

Jenna Elfman completely ruins this look, especially compared to Charlize, who looked gorgeous! But she is actually wearing a belt – but it’s too thin and is worn too low to give the dress any shape.