02.08.09

Vogue Australia’s 50th Anniversary Dinner

I rushed to get Cate Blanchett’s picture up last week, so here are the rest of the guests at the Vogue dinner.

Despite the shapeless nature of Rachel Taylor’s custom-made Carl Kapp gown I adore it.

Mostly because she looks so beautiful and graceful wearing the gown with a flowing train.  Plus her hair and make-up are perfection.

“Make Me A Supermodel US” judge Nicole Trunfio might has well have worn the bunny ears with her Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 cream dress, because she looks ridiculous anyway.

This just goes to prove that some pieces were only meant for the runway.

Abbey Lee strikes a pose wearing a beautiful Max Azria Fall 2009 olive gown, with an embellished shoulder detail which makes the gown so beautiful.

I’m glad she opted out of the black turtle neck which presented with almost every piece during this collection.

When Mary Shackman and Terri Schwamberg arrived together, I’m sure all eyes were on them.

Mary stood out because of her bright red dress, but Terri stood out for her boldness for wearing this Prada Spring 2009 ensemble which we have only ever seen worn in Asia.

Kudos to her for having the guts to wear such an ensemble and for those great abs.  No wonder she wanted to show them off.

As much as I am bored of seeing this Alexander Wang block colour dress on the red carpet, model Elise Taylor does look really amazing wearing it.

Better than the runway model me thinks.

Credit: London Features, Style.com & Wireimage

Best Dressed Of The Week - Cate Blanchett & Ashley Roberts

Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett & Ashley Roberts

Who Wore Moschino Cheap & Chic Better? Dita von Teese or Ruby Lin

Who Wore Moschino Cheap & Chic Better? Dita von Teese or Ruby Lin

13 Responses to Vogue Australia’s 50th Anniversary Dinner

1. alyss August 2, 2009 at 19:13 #

Abbey Lee Kershaw looks AMAZING. The dress looks so much better on her than on the other model on the runway. I love how she made her look special with all these rings.

2. shubby doo August 2, 2009 at 19:53 #

Rachel Taylor’s look is to die for…wow…i cant fault anything about it…she has to be on the best dressed list this week… pls…

poor Nicole Trunfio…this look would probably have worked better for lady gaga…

3. renyV August 2, 2009 at 21:05 #

Abbey Lee looks amazing! I love that dress!

4. mol August 2, 2009 at 21:19 #

I too love Abby Lee’s Azria gown, so organic and textural – the embellished shoulder piece reminds me of the mounds of small black mussels on the rocks outside my house (i mean this in a completely good way!). Also, I adore the photo of Mary Shackman and Terri Schwame – both women look quirky, fun and beautiful.

5. Weber August 2, 2009 at 23:13 #

Rachel looks glam^^’
    I really loved that Abby Lee’s Azria gown, well appropriate for her, stunning *-*
    I love Elise Taylor, but I hate her Alexander Wang color dress and I do prefer the runway model – Carol Trentini ’cause she’s from Brazil like me lol
    I kid, Elise looks so much better than Carol :)

6. Pez Globo August 3, 2009 at 03:16 #

wow I’m in love with Abbey’s dress and lip shade. It’s prefection!

7. passerby August 3, 2009 at 04:49 #

how cool is Terri Schwamberg?! I applaud her.

8. Martin August 3, 2009 at 04:54 #

I’m not feeling Rachel Taylor’s dress. The colour is gorgeous and I’m all for volume but this is sadly lacking shape. It looks like a bed-sheet and does nothing for her.

Abbey Lee, in a similarly voluminous gown, looks sensational however. And I think it is because the gown is broken up by the one-shoulder, the beading and the varying hem length. I’ve never seen her look better. STUNNING.

Nicole Trunfio’s outfit is not train-wreck material for me, but that hair should be classified a crime against humanity.

9. GRACE August 3, 2009 at 05:37 #

I will never get tired of that colour-block dress (if I could I’d buy it for myself!) but I do hate those shoes with it.

10. Julz August 3, 2009 at 11:27 #

Rachel Taylor looks absolutely STUNNING.
    Regardless of the shapelessness of the dress, her make up, hair and earrings are simply flawless.

11. Harris August 3, 2009 at 18:07 #

I LOVE ABBEY LEE’S GOWN! she looks FAB

12. Way August 6, 2009 at 00:36 #

I disagree with Martin, Rachael and Abbey’s dresses are completely different….Rachael’s fabric is featherweight vintage silk with no drape and gives a very subtle hint of shape underneath….if you do a search on the net you will see dozens of amazing images of Rachael in that dress…it really depends on the angle it is photographed at. HOT!

• Martin August 6, 2009 at 08:30 #

Thanks for the tip. Might just have to do that.