Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett & Ashley Roberts

It seems that Diane Kruger will forever be the bridesmaid in these polls, because after a hard battle all weekend she finally lost out to Cate Blanchett.

Cate glowed at the “Vogue Australia 50th Anniversary Dinner” this week wearing her stunning burnt orange vintage Ossie Clark gown.

It was such a delight to see her back on the red carpet, and you guys really appreciated her return.

As much as I found Cate breath-taking, I was more impressed by Ashley Roberts transformation from trashy to classy.

She opted for an Alexander McQueen crepe wool pencil dress which I have been cruising in Harvey Nichols all week.

I loved bright red colour – probably because my star sign is Taurus – the bold shoulder pads and the fitted nature of the dress which gave her slim figure a great curvy shape.

I have to own this dress.

Credit: Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Vogue Australia's 50th Anniversary Dinner

Vogue Australia’s 50th Anniversary Dinner

11 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Cate Blanchett & Ashley Roberts

1. Stuti August 2, 2009 at 18:48 #

Aww, i love that Cate won! She has been one of my favorite actresses for so long. And she is stunning! Only she can make this dress look so HOT!
    I love Ashley’s dress too. The color, the fit, all make it totally drool-worthy. I need to have that dress, after losing about 30 pounds. :P
    Haha, nice choice FC! :)

• Fashion Critic August 2, 2009 at 18:49 #

I have the to gain £825 lol

• stuti August 3, 2009 at 12:06 #

Hahaa, :D

2. Megan August 2, 2009 at 19:11 #

Excellent chioce FC!! Ashley was my pick too. Although I LOVE Cate and she is almost always exquisite, the red Westwood dress blew me away.

3. Hellwafashion August 2, 2009 at 19:16 #

Not always a massive fan of what Cate wears but this outfit is stunning. Close call but Cate deserves the title!

4. Willa August 2, 2009 at 20:23 #

Cate is usually fabulous, but seriously? She looked frumpy and saggy in all the wrong places in that dress. Ah well.

5. Tia August 2, 2009 at 22:29 #

☀Cate= gorgeous and insanely stylish as every.
    ♡♡☺

6. Hend August 2, 2009 at 23:24 #

marvelous choice FC .. athough there were many outstanding dresses this week i picked ashley’s dress too .. like u said i felt that i SHOULD own this one :D

7. Monica August 2, 2009 at 23:48 #

They both look amazing. But I picked Ashley Roberts myself. She was outstanding, so beautiful and that dress is perfection. I have to gain £825 myself, me thinks. lol. ;)

8. eimear August 3, 2009 at 01:55 #

“I wanna take a stab at a guess of who your gonna pick Fashion Critic! Id say either Penelope Cruz, or Ashley Roberts, cos we all like seeing a girl who usually doesnt look chic in something amazing! So Ashley Roberts..I went for her, lets see who ya pick!
    Love the site.”

Yay! I was rite, i thought youd go for Ashley Roberts and ya did!. Im so good :)

• Fashion Critic August 3, 2009 at 08:27 #

Ha you were. I was between Rose and Ashley in the end.