Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better? Heidi Montag or Poppy Delevigne

On one of her rare days not wearing Herve Leger dresses Heidi Montag wore this adorable floral Ralph Lauren Spring 2008 strapless tiered dress to the 134th Kentucky Derby in Louisville last May.

As much as I loved the dress, I adore the large fuschia hat even more.

This is one of the rare times when head-to-toe I’ve loved what the reality TV star has worn.

British model Poppy Delevigne wore the same dress recently when she attended “The Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup Final” in Midhurst, England.

Her pretty dress was paired with a biker leather jacket, a large black belt, gold gladiators and a cream clutch.

I love Poppy’s accessories, but I really hate the leather jacket so Heidi wins this for me.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

On The Set Of "Valentine's Day" With Jennifer Garner Wearing Marc by Marc Jacobs

On The Set Of “Valentine’s Day” With Jennifer Garner Wearing Marc by Marc Jacobs

Runway To "Broken Embraces" London Premiere - Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

Runway To “Broken Embraces” London Premiere – Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

9 Responses to Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better? Heidi Montag or Poppy Delevigne

1. robbie July 31, 2009 at 10:11 #

poppy wins it for me, heidi just looked ridiculous and just like a barbie doll. plus i love how poppy made the dress edgy.

• alyss July 31, 2009 at 10:36 #

Totally agree with you. I can’t believe Heidi got more than 25% percent of the votes.

2. Gaber July 31, 2009 at 11:01 #

I actually like them both.
    Poppy’s harder interpretation and Heidi’s over the top girly look. (Although she’d need to go with a belt.)
    Kinda nice seeing a WWIB where the only difference isn’t the size of a girls ass.

3. Catherine July 31, 2009 at 11:06 #

really like the dress. they both look good, but i don’t like it paired with the leather jacket so voted for Heidi.
    i think Amy Adams wore it for in a shoot with Elle magazine

4. laura July 31, 2009 at 15:38 #

Heidi’s accessories are WAY too distracting. If she had chose just one and left the other three at home (perhaps the bag, huge watch and necklace), maybe I would like it. But I do love Poppy’s juxtaposition of tough and girly.

5. mol July 31, 2009 at 15:42 #

I voted for Poppy, but really, the model with her chic black accessories wins it for me.

6. serenknitity July 31, 2009 at 16:20 #

I love the pretty, girly dress with tough jacket look -and I’m lovin’ that jacket – wonder where it’s from….

7. Justme July 31, 2009 at 17:21 #

I voted Poppy. Like some have said, the leather jacket actually works with the floral dress.

Heidi looks a h.a.m imo lol. The big hat, the necklace (so unnecessary); the big watch, the big bag… too much is going on.

8. Jackie August 1, 2009 at 07:45 #

Wow. Heidi is just… so Heidi but I think she’s all right here! She does need a belt but it’s not too bad! This is definitely a step up for her and her hat is way cute! A bit too matchy-matchy but still adorable, different yet still herself.

Poppy’s contrasting black jacket and belt seems a bit too much for me. Don’t get me wrong because I love such contrasts, but something about it just isn’t working… I really think it’s too much black. She should have done either the jacket or belt.

I agree with whoever said that they like the model’s outfit. I love the belt and shoes with that dress, but the gloves and choker has to go! Then again it’s a runway look.