31.07.09

The Never Changing Style Of Amanda Bynes

This post follows my first Amanda Bynes post back in July 2007 titled The Never Changing Hairstyle Of Amanda Bynes, which still hasn’t changed.

Recently when Amanda Bynes walked the red carpet it became clear that she had developed another pattern – only wearing head-to-toe black.

Amanda should be experimenting, taking risks and giving us something to ooohhh and aaah about.  Instead she gives us the same colour by numbers formula without ever colouring over the lines.

Her style is completely one dimensional – above the knee dresses, and her colour palette is predictably black or various shades of pink.

It’s believed that Bynes doesn’t have a stylist and I think her looks support that.

Many of you will argue that I moan when Rihanna over does it and moan when Bynes plays it safe, but at least Rihanna keeps things interesting no matter how hard she tries.

I’ll take an over-the-top look with shades at night, over another LBD with a black clutch and YSL Trib Two’s any day of the week.

Credit: Wireimage

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

Who Wore Malandrino Better? Sophia Bush or Kerry Washington

2009 Teen Choice Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 Teen Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

24 Responses to The Never Changing Style Of Amanda Bynes

1. Iris July 31, 2009 at 14:09 #

omg! she has been annoying me for YEARS! Such a boring person, such a lack of personality… the make-up, the hair, the dress… always the same thing.

here is this young person who can afford the most amazing dresses, yet she manages to look totally boring with a hint of tartiness.

2. LolaSvelt July 31, 2009 at 14:09 #

Yeah, she’s very boring on the red carpet, which is a shame, because it doesn’t match her bright personality. It expands through her acting career, too. I personally believe she has potential to be a great actress, but she picks the same crappy roles. She can’t keep playing a teenager!

3. marky July 31, 2009 at 14:22 #

Definitely boring

4. Matt July 31, 2009 at 14:42 #

She is such a beautiful girl, she just needs to take risk. That hair bugs me to no end, can someone seriously have the same hairstyle for years and not change it.

5. marvel July 31, 2009 at 15:07 #

BORING

6. Martin July 31, 2009 at 15:14 #

Firstly, let me say that this post is an absolute riot. Gave me quite the chuckle.

Secondly, I think it raises an interesting point about whether we should actually be impelling Amanda to change her (hair or dress) style. Whilst I admit that I am perpetually bored by the woman and her red carpet choices, she has clearly found a look that she is comfortable with and that she believes suits her.

Would we judge her more harshly than we are now for being stuck in this style rut if she underwent a radical transformation and ended up looking tragic and uncomfortable with her revamped look? Is change for the sake of change worth it?

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 15:36 #

I understand what you are saying, but I would appreciate her more if she just tried. At this point I would appreciate a hairstyle change…it’s been two years or more woman. LOL

• Martin July 31, 2009 at 15:50 #

Oh, I totally agree. I barely even flinch when a “new” entry featuring her comes up on the screen because I just autmomatically assume that she’ll be wearing exactly what she was wearing last week, last month, last year.

You can hope and pray I guess. And until then, revel in the unpredictability that is the red carpet. I’ve just seen Cate show up to Vogue Australia’s 50th birthday anniversary party dressed in vintage Ossie Clark. Never in a million years …

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 16:04 #

thanks for the id

• r1ma July 31, 2009 at 19:25 #

Her role model is Jennifer Aniston.

Cue at 0:59.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 19:28 #

figures lol

7. Juliana July 31, 2009 at 15:14 #

still love her!

8. marika July 31, 2009 at 15:33 #

such a shame. She was funny as a kid in the tv show “All That.” Does she even realize that she’s been having the same look for years? It doesn’t even vary the slightest!

9. Rachel Marie Walsh July 31, 2009 at 15:33 #

I agree the dresses look uniform lined up like this but can also see how they may have looked different to her in isolation. Her shoes are different in every shot and she’s only wearing Trib 2s in one pic and regular Tribs in another. My guess in she tries to look as accessible as she can, as the girl next store thing helps her career. A stylist is the antithesis of that aim as no normal girl has one!

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 15:40 #

I agree, but she can still look accessible in a floral dress, a jumpsuit, a playsuit etc etc….I think she just needs to spend a day in Topshop with their Style Advisor’s and let them work their magic on her if she can’t afford a stylist.

10. Isobel July 31, 2009 at 16:27 #

For me, what’s worse is the uncomfortable poses!

• greta July 31, 2009 at 16:57 #

THIS!!!!
      The same for Audrina Patridge

11. Ahot July 31, 2009 at 17:01 #

is she blind? she can pick some magazines and copy. you don´t need a stylist to look great, or at least different. what about pants? or a new closet? or friends to copy? Even the simplest dresses would do. some just don´t deserve to be celebrities. really. in a business where it´s more appearance than substance she makes no use of it, and it´s a shame

12. **MIRA** July 31, 2009 at 18:18 #

i agree FC. she is like a younger version of jenniffer aniston. both of them elicit the response :BLAH!

13. zoe July 31, 2009 at 19:06 #

even though amanda has a formulaic look, she does always look great on the red carpet. the pictures you chose of her shows her looking stunning. she really has great legs, i love her hair color, and she’s always smiling and looking genuinely happy on the red carpet. it would be nice if she changed things up a bit, but she definitely looks good everytime she steps out on the red carpet.

14. Chiara July 31, 2009 at 21:04 #

Thanks for this post. Seeing it like that makes me definitly sad… But the herve leger dresses look amazing on her!

15. Jackie August 1, 2009 at 07:41 #

I love her on tv but this makes me very upset. I can only hope…

16. analaura August 3, 2009 at 05:41 #

this is horrible!!!
    why does she’s still being part of hollywood?
    not even i do that
    idthink someone does that
    she’s worst than reading twilight ;S

17. Stylist September 1, 2009 at 11:20 #

she must try a different style, exploring is good.