Runway To “Julie & Julia” New York Premiere – Amy Adams In Carolina Herrera

After falling in love with Penelope Cruz’ look, I’m brought right back down to earth by Amy Adams.

The star wore a stunning white floral print Carolina Herrera Resort 2010 gown with intricate bead work, but for me it doesn’t work on Amy.

I assume many of you will love it, and if you do let me know via the comments because for me this isn’t a Best Dressed Of The Week contender.

She looks a little tired, the dress doesn’t flatter her, her hair is really mumsy plus the off-the-shoulder neckline looks awkward on her yet elegant on the model.

Apart from the gown and the gold VBH clutch I don’t like anything here.

[nggallery id=136]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Anne Hathaway's Closet - Marchesa Strapless Pleated Organza Dress

In Anne Hathaway’s Closet – Marchesa Strapless Pleated Organza Dress

The Never Changing Style Of Amanda Bynes

The Never Changing Style Of Amanda Bynes

25 Responses to Runway To “Julie & Julia” New York Premiere – Amy Adams In Carolina Herrera

1. ace July 31, 2009 at 12:13 #

i kinda think she look sloppy.

2. marina July 31, 2009 at 12:33 #

It just not that flattering…

3. Lei July 31, 2009 at 12:37 #

I would have loved to have seen this on someone statuesque like Nicole Kidman.

Amy is gorgeous but this is definitely not her best look

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 12:58 #

YES. Someone like Nicole Kidman would have aced this look.

4. LolaSvelt July 31, 2009 at 12:44 #

I like the dress on Amy, but it does look a lot better on the model and when you look at it on the model seeing it the way it was presented on the runway originally, it makes me like the outfit less on Amy.

• LolaSvelt July 31, 2009 at 12:50 #

Actually looking at the dress in more angles, it looks a lot better than the main picture.

5. Nicky July 31, 2009 at 12:54 #

I think it looks great on her. Her hair doesn’t look “mumsy” it’s very flattering-old-hollywood and nothing about her looks awkward. I am really confused about what you’re looking for in a drop dead gorgeous ensemble. sometimes people look absolutely dreadful and they’re praised but other times they look well put together and they’re persecuted.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 12:57 #

Sometimes peoples opinion differ and that is OK.

We can’t all like the same thing. I don’t understand why people think we should.

• MarieB July 31, 2009 at 13:47 #

You have different taste. I think it’s that simple.

But to say that FC only praises bad looks is taking things way too far. I think you need to get a grip.

I personally think this look is so boring. See it a million times before

• Nicky July 31, 2009 at 14:45 #

perhaps YOU should get a grip and read a little more carefully. i never said FC nor anyone else ONLY does anything. My exact words were “sometimes… but other times…” indicating that on occasion this has been my observation. Sometimes I agree with her and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes it seems like I understand her sense of fashion and other times it seems completely left field. I also understand that people have changing and evolving tastes so there is no need to point that out either. I personally don’t care what you “personally think” or have seen a million times before. I don’t believe I frequent your website for your pics and opinions.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 14:53 #

Please do not fight.

I understand fashion is very emotive but we shouldn’t fight each other.

I will put Amy on the Best Dressed list in order to make everyone happy.

6. Mimi July 31, 2009 at 12:59 #

I agree, she looks bad.

7. Ally July 31, 2009 at 13:04 #

From the back and the right side, she looks amazing. There is just something I don’t like (on Amy or the model) about the drapping on the left arm. And maybe she just needs like a hot oil treatment or something b/c her hair does look a little lifeless.

8. Lexa July 31, 2009 at 13:16 #

I think she looks lovely – for me a best dressed conteder – compared to the previous white RM by Roland Mouret look, this one is miles miles better. The silver-grey combo goes great with the colour of her skin and hair.
    I agree that this dress would probably look better on Nicole Kidman or Cate Blanchett, but they haven’t worn it. Amy has and she looks fantastic in it :)

9. ZzaRaZza July 31, 2009 at 13:33 #

Gorgeous

10. Meg July 31, 2009 at 13:48 #

I think she looks great. Very sexy.

11. Isobel July 31, 2009 at 13:48 #

I quite like it. The hair is a little “off”, however for me, the fashion side of the ensemble is almost perfect. Would love to see this in best dressed of the week.

12. Catherine July 31, 2009 at 13:49 #

I actually love it on Amy..although i can see what you mean about not being totally flattering..this just seems apparent in the first picture though..from the back and side, she looks great.

13. Chris July 31, 2009 at 14:21 #

Amy looked a little frumpy but the gown is very pretty. Did anyone see Jaslene Gonzalez…? WOW she looked amazing! Anyone know who she was wearing???

14. Flora July 31, 2009 at 14:33 #

I think she looks great too. Not tired, especially in the other pics in the set (if at all, only in the headline pic you chose where she happens not to be smiling!).

She looks glamorous, the gown drapes beautifully, Amy fills it nicely, the hair is sexy in voluminous waves, and the whole pose and look reminds me of Rita Hayworth.

I think that on any other day where she wasn’t up against Penelope Cruz’s startling scarlet and edgy look, this would be a shoo-in for BDOTW.

15. Megan July 31, 2009 at 15:03 #

Jaslene Gonzalez was wearing Celestino by Sergio Guadarrama last night…
    Amy Adams looked beautiful, but hair could have been up, or back… to show her shoulder.

16. Mare July 31, 2009 at 15:20 #

Great dress…just not for her

17. lena July 31, 2009 at 16:00 #

I think that she looks uncomfortable in that dress.For me,if you wear a gorgeous gown with zero attitude,you lose many,many points.

18. Megan July 31, 2009 at 16:11 #

i think the dress is sstunning and should definetly be a contender!

19. Diana July 31, 2009 at 17:26 #

i also think she looks stunning and should definitely be a contender for best dressed this week!!