Runway To “Broken Embraces” London Premiere – Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

Red appears to be the colour of the week.

Georgina Chapman, Ciara, Ashley Roberts, and Meryl Streep have all worn this bold colour on the red carpet this week, and now we can add the beautiful Penelope Cruz to that list of scarlet women.

Penelope was in London for her “Broken Embraces” at Somerset House last night. and she looked outstanding wearing a red Bottega Veneta Resort 2010 suit with Bottega Veneta Fall 2009 wedges which had a cut-out detail in the heel.

The colour was beautiful against her glowing skin.  I don’t think many can pull off a red suit.

I like the way she turned up the pants and kept the jewelry to a minimum.

I wouldn’t have looked twice at the runway look, but Penelope would’ve made me break my neck to get a second glance.

Yes I’m gushing as I love her here.

[nggallery id=135]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better? Heidi Montag or Poppy Delevigne

Who Wore Ralph Lauren Better? Heidi Montag or Poppy Delevigne

In Jessica Szohr's Closet - Charlotte Russe Two-Tone Romper

In Jessica Szohr’s Closet – Charlotte Russe Two-Tone Romper

21 Responses to Runway To “Broken Embraces” London Premiere – Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

1. Martin July 31, 2009 at 10:18 #

This works for me. This really, really works. More pantsuits on the red carpet is definitely a good thing, and especially when they’re pulled off as sensationally as this. A very welcome surprise.

2. LolaSvelt July 31, 2009 at 11:44 #

I hope she is up for Best Dressed this week. I will certainly vote for her. It hasn’t been the best week. But then again, this time of the year never is. I can’t wait for September with all the film festivals.

3. marina July 31, 2009 at 12:32 #

I like it but afraid that the shoes aren’t working for me…

4. Terry July 31, 2009 at 12:33 #

I’m pretty sure her wedges are by Pura Lopez.

5. Ally July 31, 2009 at 13:02 #

I’m all for a lovely pants suit, but a pants suit that makes your crotch look like it is at the same level as your knees is just NOT okay.

• Flixer August 1, 2009 at 00:06 #

I agree – something about the drop crotch trend that just doesn’t gel…

6. Isobel July 31, 2009 at 13:56 #

Although I like this outfit…somewhat, she could have improved it by tailoring the trousers rather than rolling them up. For me it’s just far too casual & almost sloppy.

7. kohlgirl July 31, 2009 at 14:25 #

My eyes could be playing tricks on me but isn’t this color more orange than red? I thought I read somewhere that this color is called “saffron.”

• Flixer August 1, 2009 at 00:04 #

Scarlet, the colour is scarlet. A red with more yellow undertone than blue. Lol – I was in an art school and had a teacher fanatical about knowing the exact name of colours… go figure that I’m now scarred for life in that way *sigh*

8. Rachel Marie Walsh July 31, 2009 at 15:11 #

Que traje mas hermoso, Penelope?I love this so, so much.

9. Mare July 31, 2009 at 15:23 #

She looks cool in the outfit…but the hair color is bljak….

10. Anissa July 31, 2009 at 15:28 #

This may interest you. This was not the outfit she intended to wear. Her luggage was stolen/lost so she improvised this outfit.

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 15:34 #

I’d just finished reading that on the Daily Mail’s website.

For a last minute look she totally rocked it.

• mischa July 31, 2009 at 16:53 #

So taking that into consideration and the fact that she does look amazing, this should definetly be a contender for best dressed of the week!

11. Irina_Moscow July 31, 2009 at 15:45 #

This suit is very beautiful, but I really dislike her hair. These light thin feather-like stripes on her hair are not for her. For me she’s a bright brunette with natural color.
    sorry for my english))

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 16:04 #

I agree she is much better as a full brunette

12. Justme July 31, 2009 at 17:28 #

I’m not the biggest Penelope fan but she looks awesome here.
    Someone said the rolled up pants make her look sloppy. Seeing how her hair is down, her jacket is unbuttoned, she barely has jewelry on, imo that’s the look she was going for: chic but casual.
    She pulls off a all red look unlike Ciara the other day.

13. Methedrine July 31, 2009 at 21:41 #

Wow!Gorgeous!

14. ramona August 4, 2009 at 15:08 #

she looks amazing!red relly works for her!she looks like a doll!