After being seen as quite boring for a long while, Gwyneth Paltrow shook things up when she was promoting “Iron Man” last year.

The looks became risky as the hemlines and heels were higher.

We developed a girl crush – and heel fetish – during that time, and since then she’s kept things interesting on the red carpet.

Last night was a classic example when Gwyneth arrived at the “Children Of The City ‘Champions Of Hope’ Benefit Gala” wearing a bedazzling Preen Fall 2009 dress with a cut-out detail along the neckline.

With her hair styled in soft loose waves she paired her dress with black Vicini by Giuseppe Zanotti Design ankle boots and a kabbalah bracelet.

The rock chick vibe was toned down with natural make-up and no jewelry.

[nggallery id=134]

Credit: Zuma, London Features & Wireimage

Karolina Kurkova In David Koma - IWC Schaffhausen At The SIHH 2014

Karolina Kurkova In David Koma – IWC Schaffhausen At The SIHH 2014

Runway To "Broken Embraces" London Premiere - Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

Runway To “Broken Embraces” London Premiere – Penelope Cruz In Bottega Veneta

7 Responses to Runway To Children Of The City “Champions Of Hope” Benefit Gala – Gwyneth Paltrow In Preen

1. Mimi July 30, 2009 at 10:31 #

I have to say, I don’t like Gwyneth’s new look. I preferred her in her Boho days because I always think she looks uncomfortable in those heels and minis. She looks so uncomfortable in her own skin and her posture is appalling in this photo. I think she looks dreadful.

2. LolaSvelt July 30, 2009 at 11:57 #

I love the dress and I wish I could say I love it on Gwyneth, but I don’t. It’s very unflattering on her body and she should’ve chosen simple heels for a busy dress like this.

3. Martin July 30, 2009 at 12:35 #

For my mind, this is an incredibly difficult look to pull off and Gwyneth is unable to make it work. By all means, go for short and sharp (especially since she has a fabulous body), but the lines need to be clean and the details kept to a minimum.

This is busy, busy, busy. And Gwyneth, as a result, looks frumpy, frumpy, frumpy.

4. Hellwafashion July 30, 2009 at 15:15 #

The good thing about leaving school and growing up is that you don’t have to wear a Uniform anymore, someone should give Gwennie the heads up.
    She has a great body, figure hugging looks good on her but boring, boring,boring.
    A short tight Balmain dress and heels did wonders for her a while back & now she just wearsa slight variation of the same style all the time.

5. Chiara July 30, 2009 at 17:10 #

Yeah I agree with the first comment. I don’t feel the look on her. I mean she doesn’t seem to be at ease with this mini/heels/rocker thing…. Too bad.

6. Rachel Marie July 31, 2009 at 02:33 #

She looks beautiful! So like her mother, the stunning Ms Danner. If I have to nitpick about one thing- the shoes would flatter her legs more if they were cut lower in front.

7. **MIRA** July 31, 2009 at 18:26 #

i agree with everyone. this doesnt fit her. she seems to be trying to hard to be “in”.when in reality shes gorgeous usually