Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Balmain

After a brief visit to London, Rihanna’s already back in New York.

She caught up with BFF Katy Perry, as the two were seen having dinner at upscale Chinese restaurant Philippe Chow on Friday night.

The first picture I saw of Rihanna was from the knees up, so I assumed she was wearing thigh-high boots, but the long shot shows she is actually wearing black jeans who’s bottom half is made of leather !?!?!?!?!?!

Rihanna usually favours Alexander Wang for her nights out, but on this occasion she opted a Balmain quilted leather jacket.

The runway version was velvet, but the leather jackets fits better with Rihanna’s edgy vibe.

What I love about this jacket is the silver chain detailing down the front, on neckline and on cuffs which are framed with tulle accents.

Shades at night and hot pink lipstick complete this look for RiRi.

Apart from the shades and the fact there’s too much black for my liking, this isn’t a bad look.

[nggallery id=127]

Credit: INFevents.com & Bauer Griffin

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech - 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Kendall Jenner In Oriett Domenech – 2014 Teen Choice Awards

Runway To "G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" Japan Premiere - Sienna Miller In Gucci

Runway To “G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra” Japan Premiere – Sienna Miller In Gucci

11 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Rihanna In Balmain

1. robbie July 27, 2009 at 14:19 #

sorry but i just cant stand her anymore, she just seems so desperate to be edgy. for god sake if you are going to hack of most of your hair then atleast hack it all off, that style is hideous.

rihanna = trying to hard

even beyonce doesnt try this hard to be edgy *rolls eyes*

• Justme July 27, 2009 at 15:31 #

I totally agree. She’s just a mess.

2. Rachel Marie Walsh July 27, 2009 at 15:07 #

I totally disagree, she is brave with her fashion and anything she wears gets huge exposure. At a time when designers are scraping to afford catwalk shows and advertising, people like her are vital for the survival of the younger, smaller names. Balmain is no example of these but she wears Christopher Kane and Gareth Pugh and is clearly open to experimentation. We need more young celebrities like her!

3. WendyB July 27, 2009 at 16:00 #

I agree with Rachel. I think she looks cool and is trying interesting things. She’s young and she’s not working in an office so why not?

4. renyV July 27, 2009 at 16:17 #

Does she ever has a day off from walking around in designer clothes? She’s quite annoying.

5. Chiara July 27, 2009 at 16:35 #

I would rather see her in the runway version. Not too found of the matelasse leather.

6. zoe July 27, 2009 at 17:03 #

what did she do to her eyebrows? overplucking gets you nowhere Ri.

FC, you MUST do a style transformation post on rihanna. her style has changed COMPLETELY from when she first started out. it’s like she’s a completely different person. or maybe she just wasn’t showing the true her when she first came out. i don’t know. but doing a post like that could really show how much her style has changed. and it’s funny how people are copying her now.

i can’t believe solange shaved her head. >.>

7. ~**juDee**~ July 27, 2009 at 22:52 #

so incredibly over rihanna *rolls eyes*

8. Hellwafashion July 28, 2009 at 10:19 #

Not keen on her hair & don’t love everything she wears, but agree with the comment that we need more celebrities like her. she takes risks, is not afraid to wear smaller brands & her look is always interesting.

9. Alana Victoria July 28, 2009 at 11:11 #

Eurgh, please stop trying so hard Rihanna.

10. SarahV July 28, 2009 at 18:32 #

Umm.. I wouldn’t exactly call Gareth Pugh and Christopher Kane “small”.