27.07.09

Design Care Benefit for HollyRod Foundation

Many of you have campaigned long and hard for this moment, and you finally have your wish.  The gorgeous Georgina Chapman modifying her runway designs.

Your complaints were that as a designer she should be setting herself apart from clients like Thandie Newton, Jennifer Morrison and Miley Cyrus, despite the fact that she usually beat them in Who Wore It Better? polls.

I adore this scarlet satin Marchesa Fall 2009 strapless dress with satin bow on the hip.  The dress sparkles – as she does – with embroidered detail on the bow and the bodice.

The colour is so rich and luxurious which compliments her sun-kissed skin.

Matching peep-toes complete this exquisite look.  I can’t gush about how much I love this look enough.

We normally have to wait until Thursday to get BDOTW contenders, but we have 3 already.

Ciara walked the red carpet looking chic with her razor sharp ‘do wearing a Rock & Republic Spring 2009 leather mini-dress with an oversized bow neckline.

She wore her sexy dress with a pair of Rock & Republic’s “Athena” sandals and pink lips.

Lisa Rinna went back into the archives to find this stunning strapless Roberto Cavalli Fall 2005 gold lame dress.

You may remember Kate Hudson wore this dress back in 2005 to “The Skeleton Key” London Premiere.

Terry Ellis, Cindy Herron, Dawn Robinson and Maxine Jones aka En Vogue were a quartet of beautiful ladies all wearing Marchesa and Notte by Marchesa.

I love the baby blue on Cindy, she always stands out.

Maxine was the only one to wear a modified dress.  She opted for a shorter sassy dress over a flowing gown like her band mates.

Holly Robinson Peete opted for a strapless coral Marchesa Resort 2009 silk chiffon pleated dress with embroidered bodice and waist.

The colour is divine against her glowing skin.

I would have loved to have seen Gabrielle Union wearing one of the sassy and more colourful cocktail dresses from Marchesa’s stunning collections, but she opted for a navy strapless gown with a embellished detail on the bodice.

Garcelle Beauvais opted for a simple black gown brought to life with gold embroidery detail through-out the dress.  She compliments her dress with a gold statement necklace which she often wears to add a bit of pizazz to her look.

Laila Ali is a knock out wearing a white Black Halo one shoulder dress with black strappy sandals.

Credit: London Features, Marchesa.com, Style.com & Wireimage

In Laila Ali's Closet - Black Halo One Shoulder Dress

In Laila Ali’s Closet – Black Halo One Shoulder Dress

Who Wore Gryphon Better? Kristin Cavallari or Eliza Dushku

Who Wore Gryphon Better? Kristin Cavallari or Eliza Dushku

16 Responses to Design Care Benefit for HollyRod Foundation

1. Methedrine July 27, 2009 at 22:12 #

Georgina’s look is so breathtaking that I don’t even want to look at the other girls!

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 22:21 #

She has to be the best advert for her own brand

• Methedrine July 27, 2009 at 23:17 #

Yep

2. Tania July 27, 2009 at 22:36 #

I agree with Methedrine absolutely stunning I want that dress, wow

3. Tania July 27, 2009 at 22:39 #

Sorry missed out her name I agree with Methedrine Georgina looks absolutely stunning, I want that dress what a beautiful jewel colour, it really suits her complexion, wow.

4. Terry July 27, 2009 at 22:46 #

In the 90s the En Vogue were so hot!!! It’s good to see they’re still around.

5. Chiara July 27, 2009 at 23:25 #

Was it an even sponsored by Marchesa?

I don’t really like the dress on Georgina, I think she shortened it too much. Or is it the missing contrasting material? I don’t really know.

Ciara looks weird… She’s such a beautiful girl , smiling and she’s trying for this rock girl attitude, doesn’t really fit her. Shame about the haircut, it’s nice but same thing here.

I like En Vogue, really nice and flowing around, but I felt the last one should have kept the long version of the dress, it’s so pretty and you can see the details better..

Anyway I feel like I complained too much, but it’s still a nice look for all of them

6. zoe July 28, 2009 at 01:44 #

Georgina is breathtaking, i do wish that she kept more of the embellishment on the dress though. but man, she’s so beautiful!

gabrielle union looks so beautiful as well. <3 her. even though she wears dark colors a lot, she works them well. garcelle beauvois is another lady like demi moore and courtney cox that just don’t age. <3 her as well.

laila ali IS a complete knockout. wow. she looks great in white and that particular dress.

ciara looks like a fool. i hate that cut.

7. Martin July 28, 2009 at 03:04 #

As gorgeous as Georgina (always) looks, I much prefer the runway version of this gown. I’m with Chiara, who thinks that she has shortened it a little too severely. I prefer the lines and the embellishment on the original.

8. Sally July 28, 2009 at 09:56 #

Totally agree with Martin. It looks like a cheaper Topshop knockoff of a stunning gown.
    Having said that, there’s certainly a place for that kind of thing but just not on Georgina the Goddess.

9. Hellwafashion July 28, 2009 at 09:57 #

Just discovered ur site recently, love it! & love the Marchesa dresses but were En Vogue in “who can wear the lowest cut top & show the most boobs competition” with themselves? the dresses are stunning but altogether I think they manage to ruin the look.

• Fashion Critic July 28, 2009 at 10:33 #

thanks so much :)

10. LolaSvelt July 28, 2009 at 10:25 #

If I’m being honest, I don’t care for Georgina’s outfit. I think the dress that was originally presented on the runway (or whatever it is) is much better.

11. Taylor July 28, 2009 at 14:27 #

i think georgina’s dress is nice, but i love the originals embellisment placements. i like the shorter length, and the color, but it feels a little plain 2 me. i think ciara looks great and i LOVE her shoes

12. Coffee0410 July 29, 2009 at 22:37 #

Envogue looks GREAT! (And that’s DAWN in the blue, not Cindy.)

• Fashion Critic July 29, 2009 at 23:44 #

Cindy is second from the left she is wearing a baby blue dress.

Dawn is 3rd from left and she’s wearing a NAVY dress.

I was right in my commentary.

And it’s En Vogue, not Envogue