27.07.09

Comic Con Day 2

Jennifer Connelly can go either way. Chic or edgy.

On this occasion she opted for chic, wearing a navy RM by Roland Mouret Mistral long sleeve dress with silver strappy sandals.

The pencil dress with pleated detailing on the bodice gives Jennifer a sleek silhouette.

Effortless and gorgeous as always.

Last week I wondered if Anna Faris was glowing in her Jay Godfrey dress. Now I realise that it’s the San Diego sunshine that is giving the stars at “Comic Con” a positive glow.

Regular readers will know I am dead against Audrina Patridge’s lighter locks, but when she looks this beautiful in her fitted cream Karl Lagerfeld dress with matching Christian Louboutin Differa sandals, I can’t help but think this is one of her best ever red carpet looks.

My feelings for Hervé Léger dresses changes with each wearer.

On Kim Kardashian I hate them, but I think Kristin Bell looks really cute in her forest green dress.

I really wish more stars would wear the more interesting Fall 2009 pieces, but Kristin manages to stay on the right side of tasteful so I can forgive on this occasion.

Maybe that’s because she’s not showing us her bootie in the dress and also she paired her dress with a stunning necklace, and nude Jimmy Choo’s.

Mary Lynn Rajskub looks adorable wearing a purple Black Halo bustier pleated dress.

Her sleeveless dress has chiffon shoulder straps, a pleated A-line skirt and a red skinny leather belt. She pairs her gorg dress with nude heels.

This is one of my favourite looks of this event.

I love bright colours on the red carpet and Ashley Greene more than fulfills my love wearing a bright fuschia pink Doucette Duvall Spring 2009 dress, which she simply pairs with Jimmy Choo Verity sandals.

Anita Briem has the same idea, but she paired her Jimmy Choo Verity sandals with a cute belted black playsuit.

As much as Rachel McAdams’ embellished tank top is crying for attention, I’m instantly drawn to her Casadei Mary Janes.

They’re a vision of pure beauty.

Zoe Saldana is very much the 2009 ‘Can’t Step A Foot Wrong On The Red Carpet’  Thandie Newton.

This girl can do no wrong at the moment.

Even when her look consists of a simple white blouse with a black balloon shaped mini skirt with banded waistline she’s still amazing.

She jazzes up her look with floral t-bar heels.

Wow..the slide continues.

I’m not expecting Megan Fox to wear gowns every time she hits the red carpet, but she has to work on her casual look because it seems she can only give us a sexy look successfully.

Her looks consists of a Gucci Fall 2009 blue micro jacquard silk lurex boxy spencer jacket, a black sheer top and black jeans.

Credit: London Features

In Mary Lynn Rajskub's Closet - Black Halo Bustier Pleated Black Dress

In Mary Lynn Rajskub’s Closet – Black Halo Bustier Pleated Black Dress

In Sienna Miller's Closet - Chloé Suede Lace-Up Ankle Boots

In Sienna Miller’s Closet – Chloé Suede Lace-Up Ankle Boots

34 Responses to Comic Con Day 2

1. marvel July 27, 2009 at 12:17 #

I love Rachel Mcadams outfit!!!!
    I know everyone might not agree with me I kind of like Megan’s outfit *dont shoot me*

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 13:53 #

puts gun down ;)

2. caitlyn July 27, 2009 at 12:45 #

Totally agree about Audrina – at first Ii hated her hair but she looks so beautiful here. Almost everyone looks great here except Megan. But her jacket is cute.

3. eimear July 27, 2009 at 12:46 #

Why does Audrina insist on wearing those shoes with EVERY dress.. in my opinion they look horrible and clunky with a chic dress.. and your right her hair is so blaaaand!
    Is it me or does Ashleys dress have a 90′s feel to it. The shape of the neck and the straps.. very 90210.
    And Megan, can she not even find a pair of properly fitted skinny jeans. They just look slouchy at the crotch and knee!

4. Bel July 27, 2009 at 12:48 #

hmmm I don’t know that girl but she’s not Anna Faris? I think Anna should be:

• Fashion Critic July 31, 2009 at 12:34 #

I wasn’t saying it was Anna Faris. I was only referring to her

5. Liza July 27, 2009 at 13:16 #

I find it funny that this is such a well dressed event! With the exception of Megan Fox, everyone is flawless! I’m so glad to see Rachel McAdams at more events- she is beautiful!

6. tash July 27, 2009 at 13:16 #

i think audrina p. and jennifer connolly are headed straight for the best dressed list. i totally agree with you about megan fox and her style, its like the british summer…heatwave for a week or so then miserable rain. she was doing so well, its a shame.

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 13:53 #

LOL… I love the way you put that. She is like the British weather

7. Gasp July 27, 2009 at 13:31 #

I love Audrina’s look: she looks ethereal! Kristen and Jennifer are cute, but I’m dieing for Rachel’s shoes.. Amazing!!
    I think Megan’s jacket is by Gucci (FW 2009-2010).. By the way, I hate her cheeky pose!
    What do you think about Hayden Panettiere and Jennifer Love Hewitt looks?

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 13:59 #

I think you are right about the Gucci jacket.

Thanks

8. Justme July 27, 2009 at 13:42 #

Just when I was about to say it’s great to see a post in which everyone looks more than lovely, my eyes stumble upon Megan lol.

9. shubby doo July 27, 2009 at 13:50 #

hmmm…i’m sorry to say but megan looks a bit like a vamp…dont like it

love zoe’s and elizabeth’s looks…

despite being a fan of the herve leger bandage dresses and the fact that kristen make up is fresh and flawless…i’m on the fence about the dress itself…hmmm…you’re definitely right about the 2009 fall collection…

10. Martin July 27, 2009 at 13:51 #

Seeing Jennifer on the red carpet is a rare treat for me and whilst she looks sensational in her Roland Mouret gown, I feeling a sense of sameness about this style of dress. Seen it all before. Jennifer usually takes us where we haven’t gone before but she’s sticking to tried and tested this time obviously. A tad disappointed.

Mary Lynn Rajskub, on the other hand, has completely blown me out of the water with that Black Halo dress. It is simply flawless and she wears it so beautifully. I’m stunneed.

On the negative side, I must admit that I’m not really liking Rachel McAdams’ lighter hair colour (too LA for me) and her emsemble strikes me as a little “clubby.”

And Megan Fox is an almighty mess. From front-row at Armani Prive, sitting next to the impeccable Cate and Elsa, to this? Too much crass, not enough class.

11. Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 14:11 #

I wasn’t saying it was Anna Faris. I was only referring to her

12. ullis July 27, 2009 at 14:12 #

Ashleys dress does nothing for her…but I do love the colour though. And I the makeup is lovely.

I love the simpleness that is Rachel, even though her outfit is nothing extraordinary I love that she manages to look stunning.

Bell looks amazing. I love herve ledger dresses but I hate when certain celebs wear them and make them look tacky..therefore I appreciate celebs like Kristen Bell, Sophia Bush etc who look classy but still sexy in HV!

• marvel July 27, 2009 at 22:25 #

Totally right about the Herve dressses

13. Dana July 27, 2009 at 14:32 #

I think that Elizabeth Banks photo is from last year… it looks VERY familiar.

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 14:39 #

OMG you are so right.

I was looking at all the comic con pictures and went back too far.

Thanks Dana

14. Gaber July 27, 2009 at 14:35 #

First of all:
    *points at Megan*
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
    Oh girlfriend, love you!
    Don’t ever change!

Despite my undying love for Jennifer – I do not approve of this look. It just does not flatter.
    And if a dress does not looks insane on Jennifer, then we know that something is seriously wrong.

What’s with the shapeless bubblegum horror Ashley is wearing?!

Love, love, LOVE Zoe, Elisabeth and Mary Lynn. So simple but oh-so stunning. I do HATE Elisabeth’s and MJ’s shoe choice.

I do not approve of the Yulia Tymoshenko look Anita has going on. The hair just does not work with the playsuit. Although, let’s be honest – Chloë Sevigny would be one of the few people that could rock that look. But even then only because that’s the sort of crazy-ass idea that defines Chloë …

I can’t really put my finger on what bugs me with Audrina and Kristen. But I can put my finger on Rachel’s hair!
    Girlfriends, no.

Ohh, and toe nail polish needs to die.
    The few times that girls get it right does not make up for the horror of the times when they don’t get it right!

15. ZzaRaZza July 27, 2009 at 15:04 #

Zoe is pure perfection. Love Kristin’s look – I think, I haven’t seen Hervé dress in such a color.

16. Tara July 27, 2009 at 15:23 #

My two favorites are Jennifer C and Mary Lynn R…..I don’t think Jennifer would wear something super edgy to Comic Con. And I actually feel we haven’t seen her gor for a chic look like this in a while. Mary Lynn, the color, the fit….the best I’ve ever seen her look.

17. Mimi July 27, 2009 at 15:59 #

Zoe Saldana looks amazing – she should be in your BDOTW. And I love her hair. Megan Fox’s jeans are very ill fitting and she looks pretty bad.

18. marika July 27, 2009 at 16:04 #

that san diego sunshine sure does wonders on the stars! they’re glowing! my favorite is mary lynn’s dress (because purple is my favorite color lol) and i love how she paired it with a red belt :)

19. GRACE July 27, 2009 at 16:22 #

hey, I thought you might want to see this… http://entertainment.sg.msn.com/photos/photos.aspx?cp-documentid=3478761&page=1 KStew, RPattz and TLaut promoting New Moon at Comic Con. WHAT WAS KRISTEN THINKING????

• Fashion Critic July 27, 2009 at 17:22 #

yep she looks hideous

• GRACE July 28, 2009 at 12:11 #

I was never a fan of her reddish-brown messy locks, but I miss them already.

20. LolaSvelt July 27, 2009 at 16:35 #

Audrina is fug as always.

Megan always seems to look like she’s having an orgasm whenever she’s posing.

Kristen Bell makes Herve Leger tolerable but maybe that’s because I’m a Veronica Mars fan!

Ashley Greene looks like Kristen Stewart if she were sober.

Rachel, Zoe, Elizabeth and Jennifer all define simple and chic!

21. mol July 27, 2009 at 17:56 #

I’ll take tacky Megan of the ill-fitting jeans any day over the boring looks of Jennifer Connelly and Audrina Patridge (and normally I love seeing what Jennifer is wearing, so apologies here!). As for Mary Lynn Rajskub and Zoe Saldana, they hit the simple polished perfection button for me.

22. Vania July 27, 2009 at 18:01 #

I really love Rachel’s shoes..
    I hope someone can ID them…

• Fashion Critic July 28, 2009 at 14:56 #

Casadei

23. Methedrine July 27, 2009 at 22:01 #

Rachel and Kristen are simply beautiful!

24. Aicha July 28, 2009 at 18:34 #

This is insane. Look at them all GLOW! I guess no lighting can beat a little sunshine. Audrina had my jaw on the floor for the very first time.

25. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 21:10 #

Oh so this kind of style is not for Megan either? What is then? She’s honestly a constant fail in my book. On the contrary to what she probably believes, whenever I see her I think to myself “…and God created this woman for nothing.”