Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” London Premiere – Diane Kruger In Balmain

It had quieten down for a while, but it looks like Balamainia is far from over.

Diane Kruger walked the red carpet tonight wearing a strapless sweetheart neckline Balmain Fall 2009 trademark mini dress with a cute ruffled skirt, for the “Inglourious Basterds” premiere in London’s Leicester Square.

It’s been a miserable day in London today with on and off rain, but that didn’t stop the German actress from wearing this short sassy black suede number.

I love the thinner bejeweled belt, the way the dress sits higher on her than the model, and her sexy slick backed hair.

She really got into the spirit of the sexy rock chic glamour which each Christophe Decarnin piece oozes.

Regular readers will also recognise the Christian Louboutin Very Prive studded peep-toe pumps Diane’s wearing, as I featured them on my blog a week ago.

I wondered who would be the first to wear what could be the new celebrity “IT” shoe.

Your guesses ranged from Rihanna, Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian and Beyonce, but Diane trumped them all.

Before you ask she’s definitely up for Best Dressed this week, and Brad and Angelina don’t appear to be at this premiere.

[nggallery id=123]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

28 thoughts on “Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” London Premiere – Diane Kruger In Balmain

1. robbie

HELL YEAH!!!!! i am glad someone with class wore those shoes first. dress is gorgeous and her hair is pretty nice.

2. Camilla

She’s standing in a really odd way that makes the dress look funny. I’m sure it’s lovely from a better angle, but I don’t like the shoes with the dress as the details are too small and the outfit needed something more dynamic, perhaps.

1. LolaSvelt

That’s the Diane poses. I personally love her pose. I love it when celebrities pose in their own way and not with their hand on their hip.

3. Gaber

I, on the other hand, LOVE how the dress sits lower on the model. It most definitely adds to it’s appeal.
    I am guessing the problem is Diane’s height, so that this was the only way that she could pull it off.

1. Justme

ITA, the dress looks better on the model. The ruffles seem to be bigger on the model, they stand out more.
      I’m also not sure those Louboutins go with that dress.

4. LolaSvelt

I don’t live too far from central London, was the weather really that miserable? Where I live, the weather was quite good!

Anyway, I find this look boring for Diane Kruger. She could do so much better. Maybe I am just bored of seeing this collection on the red carpet all the time.

5. T

I always find Blamain either boring or tacky, so I am totally immune to this look. I have high hopes for Diane usually, but she has been disappointing me lately.

6. Sally

No, no, no, no.
    I’ve been dying for some Diane for weeks now and she turns up in Balmain?
    I really thought Diane was above this.
    Balmain is such an easy option, it’s the new Herve Leger.
    So disappointed.

7. Antonio Emanuele

loooooove those studded very prive peep toe’s , they’re georgeus, i preditcted those shoes for Taylor Momsen in my whish, but diana had erased that wish, looove her!

8. Alexandra

Balmain or not, I adore this skirt, it looks like heaven on Diane. And these heels are just perfect… I love them since I saw them recently on your blog. If I only could afford them, they would alreay be mine!

9. serapart

oh no, her hair destroys this look for me, sorry but the slicked back hair doesnt fit her at all, dont know how else to describe it other than it makes her face look weird lol
    love th shoes though.

10. Flora

I think she looks great. I always look forward to an event where Diane is in attendance, as, like Thandie Newton, she never lets us down, even when off-duty or trying something new. I am slightly getting a bit bored of Balmain, but you can’t deny they make the wearer look fabulous, and they’re not nearly as trashy and beloved of B-listers as Herve Leger. Neve Campbell looked great at this premiere too, in a really lovely multicoloured sheer top.

11. ramona

i remember you saying that rihanna will wear first this Christian Louboutin heels ) . Diane wins because she was well dressed. But the hair was horribleeee if she had done sth at hair she would have been more than wonderful.But, nobody is perfect!