Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” London Premiere – Rihanna In Alexander McQueen

I’m not sure why Rihanna is currently in London, but whilst in town she took the opportunity to check out Quentin Tarantino’s latest film -”Inglourious Basterds” – at the London premiere tonight.

The singer wore a black 3/4 length sleeved Alexander McQueen Pre-Fall 2009 jumpsuit, whilst channeling 80s Madonna adding multiple pearls and long lace fingerless gloves.

Her look was complete with a pair of unnecessary shades and black Maison Martin Margiela shoe boots.

I REALLY hate the glasses they make her look so ridiculous, especially as it rained tonight.  Other than that this look is much to be expected from Rihanna.  Slightly over-the-top. May have worked better without the pearls and with the runway belt.

[nggallery id=124]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Runway To "Inglourious Basterds" London Premiere - Diane Kruger In Balmain

Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” London Premiere – Diane Kruger In Balmain

Who Wore D&G Better? Amber Heard, AnnaLynne McCord or Kiely Williams

Who Wore D&G Better? Amber Heard, AnnaLynne McCord or Kiely Williams

22 Responses to Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” London Premiere – Rihanna In Alexander McQueen

1. Suzanne July 23, 2009 at 20:48 #

I actually like her in this but totally agree with you re. the sunglasses. What is with celebs and their incessant need to wear them at every opportunity.

2. Gaber July 23, 2009 at 20:50 #

It looks so much better with a belt.
    Too bad, because otherwise I REALLY love this look.
    (Although, of course, not as much as the model version. That one is just in a league of it’s own!)

3. robbie July 23, 2009 at 21:05 #

fc, the glasses make her look ridiculous? the whole outfit makes her look ridiculous. only nice thing about this whole outfit is her lovely shade of red lipstick.

4. LolaSvelt July 23, 2009 at 21:17 #

I actually like this outfit. I know I shouldn’t, but I do. It’s very Grace Jones and I am sure that was the look she was going for.

5. marvel July 23, 2009 at 21:22 #

*sniff* *sniff*

What’s that I smell??

Desperation!!

6. natasha July 23, 2009 at 22:03 #

hhhmmmm… it get’s weirder everyday

7. Kellyn July 23, 2009 at 22:12 #

she is really starting to bug me, it’s like she’s just trying WAY too hard to be cool and edgy…..major no no.

8. LL July 23, 2009 at 22:28 #

she carries this off really well, very natural, but also very her, its great she didnt just rip off the catwalk

9. zoe July 23, 2009 at 22:52 #

she looks absolutely retarded.
    sorry if that word offends anybody, but she just looks like her sense of reason was so retarded that she didn’t realize that she looks like an absolute fool.

10. jess July 23, 2009 at 23:38 #

sunglasses are embarassingly unnecessary, but I love the outfit. I welcome some drama in any outfit, why be boring when you can look like this?

11. Alexandra July 24, 2009 at 00:04 #

i was about to say that without the shades she looks much better, wen I saw the close up and this hideous eye makeup… yuck.

12. Tia July 24, 2009 at 00:05 #

Baaad acccessorizing. She could lose the sunglasses, the gloves , the pearls, the hairdo..
    I like the runway model’s belt and gloves. And maybe some other sort of statement necklace would have looked good. Like Rihanna’s boots and lipstick.

13. Lala/S-R July 24, 2009 at 00:08 #

I LOVE this outfit, sans the shades and the ton of beads ( a few would be perfect). The hair…*sigh. What is it with every mediocre R&B star and shaving all their hair off? It’s so redundant.

14. danielezka July 24, 2009 at 04:56 #

come on rihanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this is NOT having an unique and personal style!
    this is being TOTALLY AND UTTERLY RIDIULOUS!!!!!!!

15. serapart July 24, 2009 at 05:44 #

seriously, why doesnt she do any music for a change? i havent heard anything new from that area in a long while, i´d appreciate her appearences more if she actually was workin for it haha
    this outfit looks kinda weird, the glasses makes her look ridiculous.

16. LK July 24, 2009 at 07:37 #

I think she looks cool. I love Rhihanna and yes some of her choices are dodgy but this one is great. Love it, glasses and all!

17. ramona July 24, 2009 at 12:34 #

I disslike her hair.i hate it.i don”t like the outfit.I love the make-up.She is beautiful:X She should change the stylist urgennttt.

18. Flora July 24, 2009 at 14:21 #

Oh, I just LOVE Rihanna! She always looks quite mental, and you can absolutely never guess what she might turn up in from one day to the next. It might be fabulous, it might be horrible, it might just be completely crazy, but it’s always interesting and always surprising. That’s what fashion should be, isn’t it?

I’d take Rihanna looking like a fetishistic catwoman any day over a hundred Amanda-Bynes-a-like starlets in identical mini dresses doing the hand-on-hip pose.

19. SarahV July 24, 2009 at 21:19 #

Her hair is killing me! I can’t help but giggle everytime I see a picture of her, and that’s not a good thing…

20. Sophia July 24, 2009 at 23:07 #

I love it very Karl Lagerfeld as a 20 something girl.

21. manda July 25, 2009 at 07:33 #

i think ever since “good girl gone bad” she has over done the whole edgy gothic kind of look. it was a refreshing change at first but now i’m getting very tired of it all..i wish she would mix up her style every once in a while.
    as for this outfit, the sunglasses work quite well i think becausse it seems like she is doing an old hollywood look with the pearls (which i think look good) , lace and red lipstick.

22. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 21:03 #

This is her showing us that she knows she’s acting ridiculous.