17.07.09

Social Events Of The Week

Ischia Global Film & Music Fest 2009, Italy

Elsa Pataky always seems to be in couture weather it’s Elie Saab or Armani Privé.

On this occasion she wore an open back Armani Privé Spring 2009 dress with the beautiful web-like embroidered detail.

2009 Giffoni Film Festival, Italy

Eva Mendes was the epitome of summer chic wearing a Tibi Fall 2009 belted floral print maxi dress with Samantha Willis jewels and Stuart Weitzman “Alex” crochet espadrilles.

Da Silvano Restaurant, New York

Rihanna was out to lunch in New York where she was spotted showing off her new mohawk.

She’s clipped the sides and back of her head, leaving the top untouched. She rocks it well, but it’s a look I’ll never copy.

Rihanna isn’t shy as she has been wearing very revealing clothing lately.

I think this is the 4th time I’ve seen her bra through the sheer tops she loves to wear.

This time she wore a sheer top over a striped bikini with a pair of skinny ankle zip jeans.

She completed her look with Maison Martin Margiela shoe boots and a Nina Ricci bag.

“Charlotte Russe Fall 2009 Launch Event”

Jessica Szohr is fast becoming a red carpet regular. This time she was wearing a two-tone Charlotte Russe playsuit which showed off her toned legs.

She completed her look with beautiful black strappy sandals, a large statement necklace and a maroon clutch.

Michelle Trachtenberg’s black dress is so so, but I love her Giuseppe Zanotti clutch with multi-coloured stars and her electric blue ankle boots.

I can’t really fault Rumer Willis’ look.

Yes it’s all black and verging on dull, but at least the fit is right and she doesn’t look awkward.

Her look is paired with Christian Louboutin Paquita sandals and a black D&G clutch.

Casio Exilim MOBILE NYC Launch, New York

For once Taylor Momsen isn’t dressed like a Guns n’ Roses groupie, but her eye make-up is too heavy for that cute white dress she is wearing

Stella McCartney Presents New Collection At The Corner Berlin, Germany

Cool and chic as always Stella McCartney presented her new collection in Berlin wearing a Resort 2010 black cropped jacket, a white half tucked in tee and ombre ankle jeans from her own collection.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Anna Paquin channeled her inner geisha girl wearing this black figure-hugging dress Alexander McQueen dress with Jimmy Choo heels and a chic updo.

It’s On With Alexa Chung, New York

What’s with everyone wearing leather this summer?

We first had Chloe Sevigny wearing a leather jumpsuit this week, and now we have Ashley Greene wearing leather shorts.

The “Twilight” actress wore them with her cute floral Escada blouse to the MTV Studios this week.

Her sassy look was complete with sexy strappy sandals and a Gucci Hysteria bag.

Credit: London Features, Fame Pictures & Wireimage

Bérénice Marlohe In Sass & Bide - '5 to 7' Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Bérénice Marlohe In Sass & Bide – ’5 to 7′ Tribeca Film Festival Premiere

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Victoria Beckham, Lily Cole, Kate Walsh or Stella McCartney

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie July 17, 2009 at 19:30 #

elsa, wow words really can not describe how amazing she looks.

rihanna, *yawn* i am sick of her now. she is trying way too hard i wqould happily see beyonce rather than her, and i hate beyonce.

jessica, very cute i like the playsuit it is rather interesting.

michelle, the clutch is the only thing i like about this look. somehow she always looks very bored and dull.

rumer, i really like this look although would have been nice if there was a splash of colour. her hair is very nice the colour suits her.

taylor, she always looks like she has either been punched by a kangaroo, or channeling panda eyes.

stella, i LOVE it but her hair is always the same and rather boring. but she is great as doing casual clothes and looking stylish.

anna, this is the best she has ever looked. i have always loved anna since seeing her in x-men.

ashley, i like the blouse and shoes i am suprised about the leather skirt though.

i have noticed alot of people wearing leather jackets and even trousers this summer.

2. AJoanna July 17, 2009 at 20:42 #

am I the only one who can’t see the pictures? :(

• Fashion Critic July 18, 2009 at 00:26 #

Sorry. Technical difficulties. All sorted now.

3. WendyB July 17, 2009 at 22:55 #

I’m loving Rihanna. Elsa is always so pretty.

4. Terry July 18, 2009 at 01:02 #

Rihanna’s haircut is interesting, but her earrings are hideous.

5. danielezka July 18, 2009 at 02:00 #

is it me or Michelle Trachtenberg is always gaining and losing weight?
    last time I saw her, her hips and legs were bigger.

6. Lala/S-R July 18, 2009 at 03:52 #

Stella is just so damn cool! She doesn’t even have to try hard. I freaking LOVE HER.
    Elsa looks great.
    I think Anna Paquinis the most beautiful soul. She look incredible. She’s such a cutie!
    Rihanna…UGH. As soon as I saw her I thought CASSIE. It’s awfully contrived (like everything else about her). She needed to do something so people could start talking about her again, her buzz was dying down. I smell a PS.

7. r1ma July 18, 2009 at 07:39 #

isn’t leather/denim in this season? via alexander wang and givenchy?

8. suejin July 18, 2009 at 09:27 #

jessica looks great. i love her simple look.
    rihanna looks good with edgy haircuts. it’s her thing… the first thing that popped into my head when I saw her new haircut is Cassie.. Although Rihanna’s hairstyle is better and actually suits her more.
    Stella’s jeans are awesome.

9. Lara July 18, 2009 at 09:32 #

Did anyone else notice Rihanna’s star tattoo IN her ear…ouch! All three “Gossip Girls” look great! Jessica Szohr has really been impressing me lately and I love Michelle Trachtenberg’s look. Move over Blake Lively…

• Fashion Critic July 18, 2009 at 12:17 #

yes she must like pain

10. leele July 18, 2009 at 09:38 #

when i saw jessica i was like “Wooow!!!just perfect for a chic city walk” and then i came up the idea of a “Best casual dressed of the week”…….and if you remember for example last week hally berry with her awesome green dress was just perfect for this.i hope you’ll like my idea and develope it :)

• Fashion Critic July 18, 2009 at 12:17 #

I think 1 poll is enough otherwise people will get tired of voting for multiple polls

great idea though

11. zzarazza July 18, 2009 at 13:18 #

Michelle is so fresh-faced in this pic that her dress and tights are totally forgivable, I think.

Anna is cuter than cute in this dress.

12. greta July 18, 2009 at 13:18 #

Elsa is boring.But I love her shoes.I really do.
    Eva ..uhm I’m not amazed.
    Rihanna is trying WAY too hard.
    Jessica.I don’t like her legs,that’s all I can say.
    Michelle *WHAT?!BLACK AGAIN!?* she’s boring.
    Rumer.I LOOVE HER HAIR.she rocks.
    Taylor.I love her tallness, but yeah,her make-up is too heavy for her foundation.
    Stella is lovely.
    Anna is blah.I don’t like te dress,I don’t like the hair = NEXT!!!! lol
    Ashley’s odd.But her strappy sandals are niice.

*RIP Michael Jackson*

13. VBlover July 18, 2009 at 16:15 #

Uh oh! I feel a “who wore it better” poll coming on with the ombre jeans– Victoria Beckham, Kate Walsh, now Stella!!

• Fashion Critic July 18, 2009 at 17:32 #

you forgot Lily Cole at Cannes ;)

Thanks for Kate Walsh. I forgot about her.

14. Hannah July 19, 2009 at 03:23 #

I love Jessica on the red carpet simply because, unlike most of the other young actresses we see right now, SHE SMILES! She actually looks like she’s enjoying being there!

But for this event, her hair seems somehow odd. Too much styling products maybe?

15. Trixy July 19, 2009 at 04:27 #

I AM COMPLETELY FLOORED THAT JESSICA’S OUTFIT IS FROM CHARLOTTE RUSSE. She makes it look so glamorous! I love it.