Lindsay Lohan For Vogue España August 2009

Back in May we saw the paparazzi pictures of Lindsay Lohan striking a pose with a Marilyn Monroe style wig for Spanish Vogue.

The editorial shot by Alix Malka has been released and the cover looks better than I expected, but that is mostly down to the magic of photoshop.

“The shoot went great,” Lindsay said. “The photographer was organized as if it were a movie, and helped get me into character, looking out onto the Hollywood Hill and dressed as Marilyn Monroe.”

In the full editorial below Lindsay wears looks from the Fall 2009 collections of Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana, plus many Thierry Mugler vintage pieces.

I don’t know about you, but I think the last picture of Lindsay in the Louis Vuitton coat looks like they superimposed her head onto someone else’s body.

The Woman In Red. Red long cashmere coat – Max Mara; body with red embroidery stones – Thierry Mugler Vintage; chiffon gloves – LaCrasia; red stocking – Agent Provocateur

Rubia Explosive. Vinyl skirt and gloves – Thierry Mugler Vintage; black bra – Cadolle; vinyl belt – Dior, black sunglasses – Dior; platform shoes – Gucci.

Sexy Diva. Fur coat with hairy sleeves – Dolce & Gabbana; corset with satin culottes – Cadolle; black shoes with gold heels – Dior.

Tribute To Marilyn. Marilyn Dress – Dolce & Gabbana; black bra of Cadolle; gloves – Cornelia James

Modern Barbarella. Red wool coat – Louis Vuitton; body of black tulle embroidered with precious stones -Thierry Mugler Vintage; black shoes – Gucci.

Credit: Style.com & Vogue.es

In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Ralph Lauren Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Polo Shirt

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Ralph Lauren Fashion Targets Breast Cancer Polo Shirt

"The Ugly Truth" LA Premiere

“The Ugly Truth” LA Premiere

16 Responses to Lindsay Lohan For Vogue España August 2009

1. Parvati July 17, 2009 at 13:08 #

Yeah, the last photo looks weird. But I like the “Woman In Red” photo – especially the Thierry Mugler body.

2. Camilla July 17, 2009 at 13:27 #

This isn’t very nice at all.

3. Ally July 17, 2009 at 13:27 #

Maybe it is just from seeing her this morning, but I feel like Lindsay is more channeling Lady Gaga than Marylin.

4. robbie July 17, 2009 at 13:28 #

wow she doesnt look as bad as she did in the candid, photoshop does amazing work as usual :-P

the last shot does look weird she looks very tall in that picture and alot slimmer than she usually does.

5. Megha July 17, 2009 at 13:33 #

i honestly don’t see any marilyn in this

not a fan of the shoot or the cover

but i could be biased

lindsay lohan as marilyn monroe??
    oh the horror

6. Kristen July 17, 2009 at 14:33 #

I can’t get past the seamed stockings in pics 2 and 3 with the seam to the FRONT…gahhh! Other than that it comes across (to me) as more cheesy than sophisticated…

7. robbie July 17, 2009 at 14:37 #

actually looking at the pictures again all of them look like someone elses body with her head stuck on them.

8. Terry July 17, 2009 at 14:48 #

Terrible. I don’t get the reference to Marilyn, apart from that hideous wig.

9. zoe July 17, 2009 at 17:34 #

i really like this editorial. it reminds me of how beautiful and tall lindsay lohan is. i just wish she could do something great with herself, because i mean….people are still paing attention to her even though her career is pretty much dead. she’s still getting vogue covers! i mean….come on! just imagine where she’d be if she actually did something of merit.

• Fashion Critic July 17, 2009 at 17:37 #

I find it shocking she’s still getting covers, but credit were credit is due

10. AJoanna July 17, 2009 at 20:47 #

Oh, don’t you just LOVE photoshop?! The candids were horrible, but the doctored version actually looks ok. But still, LiLo as Marilyn? Excuse me while I die laughing.

11. kohlgirl July 18, 2009 at 01:33 #

These photos are horrible…She has no expression – just a blank stare.

12. Juzevo July 20, 2009 at 06:02 #

I agree, definitely channeling more Lady GaGa than Marilyn – not to mention she’d need about 20 cheeseburgers a day for a while to manage anything close to Marilyn’s sexy figure

13. MEME July 22, 2009 at 22:33 #

Looks like her face on someone else’s body because I know she isn’t that tall……

14. Lily July 26, 2009 at 04:40 #

Wow where did her freckles go? She looks good but TOO much photoshopping….

15. Jasmine May 12, 2012 at 05:18 #

Lohan looks fine, seriously, but whilst I would like to defend how nice she actually looks I think the real star of this shoot is Thierry Mugler- or rather, his gorgeous creations. I mean the black tulle bodysuit from fall 1998? Who cares if Lindsay’s head is photoshopped on it- that piece would look amazing on anyone!