Runway To Sidewalk – Lady GaGa In Alexander McQueen

If you are anything like me you will be feeling mixed emotions looking at Lady GaGa wearing this Alexander McQueen Fall 2009 knit dress with tubular coils around the hem and upper body.

Happy because a piece from that stunning collection has finally seen the light of day outside of an editorial, but sad this piece wasn’t worn by someone more statuesque like Tilda Swinton or Erin O’Connor.

Lady GaGa turned this dress into a comedy piece with the lace bunny ears, so I can’t love it like I want to.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney - The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole In Stella McCartney – The X Factor Newcastle Auditions

Cheryl Cole Loves Alexander McQueen

Cheryl Cole Loves Alexander McQueen

24 Responses to Runway To Sidewalk – Lady GaGa In Alexander McQueen

1. robbie July 16, 2009 at 22:14 #

i wish this b*tch would jsut fall off the face of the planet, i cant stand her although i must say i am shocked she isnt flashing her ass and crotch for once.

i cant believe designers are actually selling things to her she just makes a mess of them.

• serapart July 17, 2009 at 09:31 #

ROFL you spoke my mind, can you believe she is 23? she looks older than my mom haha

• robbie July 17, 2009 at 13:29 #

i am glad someone agrees with me. and she does look older at first i thought she was atleast in her late 30s early 40s.

2. jennifer July 16, 2009 at 22:23 #

The Alexander McQueen collection is unique and edgy to say the least so it would take someone like Tilda Swinton to wear this as I can only imagine her in this outfit. Can’t help wondering if she would look better or worse if she had worn the exacy runway version. This is very editiorial though like you mentioned.

3. nicole July 16, 2009 at 22:24 #

hate hate her. hideous attention seeker is all she is.

4. Tia July 16, 2009 at 22:59 #

I know she hasn’t got the body or the class of someone like Tilda but a part of me admires that she’s even dared to wear this. Who else would even contemplate it? (Besides Tilda).

5. eimear July 16, 2009 at 23:59 #

Thats unfair to criticise her for wearing it just because shes not a statuesque model.. She should be applauded for daring to wear it.

6. Sally July 17, 2009 at 00:13 #

LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    Finally some amazing McQueen has seen the light of day!

7. Ni July 17, 2009 at 00:14 #

she’s ridiculous. her songs are terrible.

8. WendyB July 17, 2009 at 00:26 #

I love her. I think she’s very fun. Everyone gets pissed that she’s not what they want her to be. I like that she’s not “the right type.” Go, Gaga!

9. ben July 17, 2009 at 01:31 #

i’m sure you’ll agree FC, atleast someone is bringing some form of fashion excitement lately.
    I think the bunny ears are kind of cute, and original. atleast it’s not boring is all i can say.
    i think she pulls it off amazingly, great job gaga!

10. Lala/S-R July 17, 2009 at 02:26 #

Her outfits might be a bit overkill sometimes (make that 99.9% of time) but she’s definately creative, I’ll give her that much. She inspires runways as opposed to the other way around.
    I like her for some reason.

11. Lala/S-R July 17, 2009 at 02:29 #

She’s definately a huge exhibitionist. But her outfits are eye-catching. You never know what to expect with her. She’s creative as hell, people! You can’t take that away from her.

12. DM July 17, 2009 at 04:13 #

UGH! HORRIBLE! I’ve never seen Lady GaGa look good in ANYTHING! She tries way too hard to be a “fashionista”, but always falls flat on her face…

13. AJoanna July 17, 2009 at 05:29 #

Love the dress, but like you FC, I wish someone better had worn it. Lady Gaga dresses to shock, not because she truly loves and appreciates fashion. When will she stop? She’s getting rather tiresome.

14. Terry July 17, 2009 at 07:04 #

Her style choices are never safe, and she should be praised for this, but her seek for attention is sometimes disturbing. I think she turns this dress into a comedy piece because she’s a comedy piece, at least that’s what she wants to be considered.

• Fashion Critic July 17, 2009 at 09:06 #

For me it’s her attention seeking which puts me off

15. Martin July 17, 2009 at 10:10 #

The bunny ears are what ruin it for me. The veil is fine as it adds another layer of the gothic charm that this collection was all about. The bunny ears, on the other hand, convey some kind of comical air. In that sense, she’s not doing justice to the collection, even though the dress does look fabulous on her.

16. Ally July 17, 2009 at 12:56 #

Seriously, enough with the bunny ears!

I know that fall collections frequently hit the streets long before fall even considers coming, but this piece looks ridiculously heavy for summer time. Unless she is in Australia or another country that is experiencing winter right now.

17. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:34 #

I actually started to appreciate her outragesness.

And I love how she usually looks like she’s drunk and about to fall on her face in a high fashion couture piece. Hilarious!

18. Alexander McQueen October 16, 2009 at 05:18 #

I love LADY GAGA and you guys are so jeaolous!
    Who would magazine Rolling Stone have in the cover ? Lady Gaga !!! she unique and don’t copy from YOU! or ME! loe love love to LADY in the HOUSE! GAGA!

19. McQueen October 16, 2009 at 05:22 #

Yeah I agreen. she 23, she play the piano, she sing great live she can speak french, swedish and a lot more! just wait next CD. She loves art and music, she UNIQUE and SMART and follow her heart and what she want wearing I don’t care. IT*S so AMZING!!!

20. J February 1, 2010 at 03:16 #