15.07.09 On Set With...

On Set With The Cast Of Gossip Girl

The cast of Gossip Girl took over the Manhattan streets last week to film series 3 of our favourite show.

Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf wore a beautiful Burberry Prorsum belted brocade dress, whilst carrying a L.A.M.B. Women’s Darjeeling Leather Orissa Clutch, whilst filming a scene with Ed Westwick aka Chuck Bass.

Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams’ wardrobe seems to have stepped up a notch from last season.

She wore an ethnic inspired look consisting of a black Nanette Lepore Discover Me jeweled top with some colourful shorts, and MICHAEL Michael Kors ‘Tucson’ sandals.

With her hair half up an half down, Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen wore a bohemian Rag & Bone Justine maxi dress with sparkling Sigerson Morrison gladiator flats.

Taylor Momsen as ‘not so little anymore’ Jenny Humphrey walked to set wearing a stripy top, shorts with braces and Givenchy cut-out booties.

Between takes Leighton wore a gorgeous peach water stain Seneca Rising tee with jeans.

In another take Blake was spotted wearing a colourful Dries Van Noten Fall 2008 blazer, a slate grey Twelfth St. By Cynthia Vincent playsuit and grey Marc by Marc Jacobs peep-toe ankle boots.

It must be so much fun to dress these girls. I wonder if they get to keep the clothes afterwards.

Credit: Bauer Griffin

The Cosmopolitan Magazine Party

The Cosmopolitan Magazine Party

Runway To Sidewalk - Beyonce Knowles In Gucci

Runway To Sidewalk – Beyonce Knowles In Gucci

9 Responses to On Set With The Cast Of Gossip Girl

1. tash July 15, 2009 at 17:21 #

i agree with you, the fun these girls must have. i’m guessing they dnt get to keep everything, but they must get the odd freebie/ gift thrown their way. i still think jenny/taylor needs to be toned down though. she’s way too young.

• robbie July 15, 2009 at 18:36 #

i remeber reading that they dont get to keep any of the wardrobe, but they can get a loan of some items for events and things, the same that happened with sex and the city.

2. marika July 15, 2009 at 17:33 #

can i just say that i envy them so much? lol. though i love everyone’s wardrobe, my favorite would have to be jenny’s :)

3. Maria July 15, 2009 at 19:30 #

I love the clothes on this show. I can’t pay attention to the actors, the clothes steal the show.

Blake Lively said they can’t keep the clothes. I don’t know when she said this though, so things could have changed. It could also be a rumor.

4. Justme July 15, 2009 at 20:47 #

I remember an interview of Leighton in which she said they didn’t get to keep their clothes afterwards. But that was back when they were shooting the 1st season, maybe now they do.

5. Gasp July 15, 2009 at 21:57 #

Queen B. is always the best! Love every outfit, especially the Burberry dress (I think her Michael Perry shoes – blue and white – are such an unexpected accessory) and the bright ts.. She also wore a very cute bluse & yellow shorts and a delicious striped dress, but I can’t find their designers!! :(
    I hate Jenny!! She seems to be desperately looking for attention!
    Serena looks so cute, but I can’t stand some of her “Today I pretend to be hippy, even if I could afford every couture dress in the world..” looks!!

6. Chiara Popalopa July 15, 2009 at 22:19 #

Funny because now that you’re posting so much about them I’m kinda tempted to start watching the show, it looks like the new SATC in terms of clothing.

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2009 at 22:27 #

I can’t believe you are not watching the show.

You must buy the Season 1 boxset and catch up.

It’s a great show.

7. fopa July 16, 2009 at 19:17 #

it is like the best show!!
    i cnt belive i just started watching it!
    my holidays just begun…and
    i spent about a week and a half…and finished both seasons i cnt wait till september!
    and the fashion wooow!