14.07.09

Before the Christian Louboutin Differa sandals became so popular, the Mad Mary Janes were the it shoes. Mischa Barton wore hers EVERYWHERE.

Many stars from Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez, Lindsay Lohan, Megan Fox, Vanessa Hudgens and Kate Mara wore the studded heels on the red carpet.

The shoe was popular because it’s dual nature of being sugary sweet, with a hard edged via silver studding on the heel and strap.

This Fall Christian Louboutin have created a Very Prive studded peep-toe pump, which could be as popular as the Mad Mary Janes.

These heels – which just shot to No.1 on my wish list – are currently available on pre-order from Saks.com $995.

My guess is Rihanna will be spotted wearing these heels first.

What say you?

Credit: Wenn, Rex & Wireimage

Samantha Barks In Roland Mouret - 2013 London Film Critics Circle Film Awards

Samantha Barks In Roland Mouret – 2013 London Film Critics Circle Film Awards

Christian Louboutin Studded Pigalle Pumps On Sale At Net-A-Porter

Christian Louboutin Studded Pigalle Pumps On Sale At Net-A-Porter

21 Responses to Will The Christian Louboutin Very Prive Studded Peep-Toe Pumps Become The New It Shoe?

1. Ally July 14, 2009 at 18:43 #

I really like them but I don’t think they will be as popular as the mary janes b/c they are a little more “hard core”. They just don’t have that same, sweet but rock at the same time feel. But we will definitely be seeing them on Rhianna, Beyonce, etc.

2. Justme July 14, 2009 at 20:30 #

I like the Mary Janes because the studs aren’t all over the shoes. The peep-toe pumps are a stronger statement and I don’t think a lot of celebs will go there. I could be wrong.

I agree that Rihanna will have them though, with her Ms Edgy warrior princess self *rolls eyes*
    jk, jk

3. Sabina July 14, 2009 at 20:55 #

Wow! They’re great!
    It’s funny, only today when passing by the Louboutin shop i was telling a friend that i’m done with Louboutins for now, since i haven’t seen any interesting designs lately, and i’ve spent too much money on my little collection of them, and now THIS!
    Definitely a #1 on my wishlist too, lol

• Fashion Critic July 14, 2009 at 21:18 #

I agree. I had been over Loubies for a while, but these reaffirmed my love.

4. SarahV July 14, 2009 at 21:15 #

I like these, but I’m really scared Kim Kardashian will soon be wearing them…
    I think they will be just as popular as the mary janes, if not even more, since the shape is so simple and seems to be easy to combine.

5. shubby doo July 14, 2009 at 21:20 #

i looooooooove peep toes….ok i know i could not pull off this look for day to day wear but yeah i reckon rhianna will pull together an amazing look that makes this work even if it is just to step outside..she might not be the first to wear them out but she will be the first to make it work.

as an aside, fc do u know if the differa and mary janes shoes on louboutinbox.com are korsher? the prices are unreal but i only just found the website a couple of weeks ago

• Fashion Critic July 14, 2009 at 21:26 #

Be very careful with those sites as the shoes are fake.

Read this article

• shubby doo July 14, 2009 at 22:26 #

thought so. thank u

• Fashion Critic July 14, 2009 at 22:39 #

I think the general rule is. if it sounds too good to be true, it usually isn’t.

I’m glad you asked me.

• robbie July 15, 2009 at 01:41 #

those pictures of the fakes are terrible. especially the pigalles, i personally dont own a pair of them but that heel on the fake looks chunkier than the real heel.

i am always very unsure about buying designers shoes from sites like that, and ebay aswell although i have found some lovely real designer shoes.

6. LolaSvelt July 14, 2009 at 22:00 #

Wow, that’s not a flattering shot of Hayden!

I love guessing games. I’m guessing some boring famewhore like Kim Kardashian will wear them first and will think that she’s ‘edgy’.

If not her, then Lady Gaga, and like you said, Rihanna.

7. robbie July 14, 2009 at 23:38 #

i have to admit i have gotten rather bored of louboutins lately mostly due to celebs only wearing the same style all the time, a good example those mad mary janes.

but this collection has had alot of gorgeous designs like the studded pigalle, studded very prives, lima, mamima, bat girl and very penny.

8. robbie July 15, 2009 at 01:42 #

ooh i wonder how long it will be before heidi montag decides to wear them, as we all know as soon as these shoes touch her feet that will be the end of the trend. i am still suprised she hasnt wore the louis vuitton spicy heels.

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2009 at 08:34 #

She has already.

• robbie July 15, 2009 at 12:02 #

seriously when?

• Fashion Critic July 15, 2009 at 12:06 #

Someone sent me a picture via a link a while ago, but I can’t remember which post

9. suzzee July 15, 2009 at 06:52 #

…i want a pair.desperately

rihanna is no trendsetter, but an obsessed fashion follower. no originality

10. Martin July 15, 2009 at 08:03 #

A little off topic, but, my God, how stunning does Diane Kruger look in that Chanel haute couture minidress there?!? Breathtaking.

As for who’ll wear these shoes first, my money is on Megan Fox.

11. Jesmi July 15, 2009 at 10:30 #

I love that shoe!!!

12. candace November 15, 2009 at 03:04 #

I just have to say, that i have these shoes and I LOVE!! When i first saw them, i had to have them. Once they’re on they don’t look as ‘hard core’ as some make think!

13. saaabi March 9, 2010 at 19:07 #

actually Avril Lavigne was the first star one who weared these shoes at alice in wonderland premiere:>