Runway To A Magazine Launch Party – Chloe Sevigny In Proenza Schouler

In New York last night Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez – the Proenza Schouler designers – threw a fabulous party to celebrate the lauch of the 9th edition of ‘A Magazine’, which they created.

Fashion darling Chloe Sevigny was the guest of honour as she graces the cover.

The actress was wearing a leather jumpsuit from the Proenza Schouler Spring 2009 collection, without the sleeveless white shirt it was presented with on the runway.

I want to start off my saying I don’t like Chloe’s hair. Nearly every look of hers is let down by her hair. I’m dying for her to cut some kind of style into it.

I’m really surprised that Chloe opted out of the white shirt, as the look is more quirky with the shirt and looking quirky is very much her thing.

Overall I think I respect her for wearing a leather jumpsuit in summer and marginally pulling it off, more than liking the look itself.

Credit: Style.com & Wenn

Will The Christian Louboutin Very Prive Studded Peep-Toe Pumps Become The New It Shoe?

Who Wore Tibi Better? Emma Bunton or Cheryl Cole

Who Wore Tibi Better? Emma Bunton or Cheryl Cole

8 Responses to Runway To A Magazine Launch Party – Chloe Sevigny In Proenza Schouler

1. LolaSvelt July 14, 2009 at 22:13 #

Chloe, the risk taker, as always!

2. jess July 14, 2009 at 22:24 #

I wish she’d worn a coloured shoe to break the look up a bit. She kinda looks like a black leather tube.

3. ber July 15, 2009 at 01:29 #

I like that she tried something different and it works for her.

4. Alicia July 15, 2009 at 02:36 #

Completely agree with Jess about the need for color. Also completely agree about Chloe’s hair, FC. It’s not so much that she needs to do anything fancy – she just needs to do something. Anything.

I don’t know how I feel about this jumpsuit. It kind of makes her look like the S&M teletubby.

5. ben July 15, 2009 at 03:13 #

i love it, very clever adding the subtle colour with the red lips and nails. and i actually prefer her hair here, anything’s better than that ridiculous high bun she puts it in..

6. Martin July 15, 2009 at 07:55 #

This look doesn’t work for me at all. She tries to convey a look of nonchalance with that hair but she always comes across looking messy and unkempt because of it. The jumpsuit itself makes her look quite frumpy and those pleats on the pelvic area are a major no-no in my book. Sorry Chloe, not quite working for you. She looks best in short, sharp and tailored Proenza.

7. r1ma July 15, 2009 at 10:32 #

she should have went straight to YSL f09 leather jumpsuit instead of that…but then again she has the most enviabe waist

8. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:24 #

I agree with everything you said.