Best Dressed Of The Week – Emma Watson In Vintage Ossie Clark

As much as I wanted to go for Dasha Zhukova in her edgy Marios Schwab dress, only one person deserved to be crowned Best Dressed this week – Emma Watson.

We all loved the softer ethereal Emma Watson in vintage Ossie Clark, over the edgier Emma Watson in Proenza Schouler and Christopher Kane as much as those looks were admired.

Even when her dress flew open with a sudden gust of wind she handled the incident with style and grace.

I think this week we saw the birth of a future fashion icon and what’s even more impressive is that Emma doesn’t have a stylist.

I can’t wait to see what future premiere’s brings. I hope she can keep up this standard.

Credit: Wireimage

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

Runway To "The Early Show" - Emma Watson In Saloni

Runway To “The Early Show” – Emma Watson In Saloni

23 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Emma Watson In Vintage Ossie Clark

1. robbie July 12, 2009 at 18:29 #

blah, i dont see what would make her a future fashion icon she dresses like a woman twice her age. that dress looks like a curtain a gran would have.

• me July 13, 2009 at 16:40 #

no robbie, she doesn’t dress like a woman twice her age, she dresses like an intelligent woman

2. Atelier July 12, 2009 at 18:35 #

ugh! how could u fashion critic…how could you pick such a lifeless choice instead of picking mrs blanchett.???? lol! just kidding!!! cate deserved it the most for me,, but if i had to pick one of emma`s choices it would have been definately the proenza schouler at the ny premiere…STUNNING!

3. danielezka July 12, 2009 at 18:47 #

i voted for Dasha too. But I agree that Emma deserves this. She’s so young, and she has developed her style so naturally…

4. Ypa July 12, 2009 at 19:09 #

Hi, I just want to tell you that she told at the press conference of London (just before the London premiere) that this year, she have a stylist as she doesn’t have time to bother with that. But she also said that she is still choosing what she wears. I think that’s why she tried more designer this time.

Anyway, I still think that she is a fashion icon to become as she already surprised me with the William Tempest when she didn’t use a stylist.

But I don’t know how she will do her job of face of Burberry fall 09 as she will be at the university… Because the job is not just posing in ads for magazines, no ? She also have to go to partys and stuffs wearing Burberry fall ?

Oh, and I think she is styled by Caroline Sieber as she was her stylist for the fashion week some years ago, and as she style her a lot for recent photoshoots (I’m a bit fan of watson fashion evolution, so I know stuffs like that)…There, just to give you the information.

I really love you’re blog by the way, the fashonista in me owe you a lot !

• Fashion Critic July 12, 2009 at 19:12 #

OK maybe I should have said she doesn’t use a stylist. But she didn’t use a stylist in New York

5. Ypa July 12, 2009 at 19:18 #

I don’t know, she said “this year”… Anyway, even with a stylist, the choices are hers. I really can’t see a girl like Miley Cyrus do such a good job even with the same stylist. Or whoever : she makes mature and risky choices, it’s great.

• Fashion Critic July 12, 2009 at 19:42 #

I agree with or without she looks fab

6. Lauren July 12, 2009 at 19:57 #

Im glad Emma won! As you said she really did deserve it! All of the outfits she wore during promotional work where gorgeous, fresh and youthful! She managed to look grown up without looking older than her years!

7. marika July 12, 2009 at 23:50 #

i love emma’s style. shes so much different from celebs her age. others are very predictable (e.g. taylor with all the sparkly dresses, miley with the revealing clothes, etc.) usually celebuteens only wear cocktail dresses and just curl their hair or whatever. but with emma, u just want to wait for her and find out what look she’s gonna try next. refreshing but seemingly without effort :)

8. Fashion Critic July 13, 2009 at 01:12 #

It was so effortless. You are do right

9. melanie July 13, 2009 at 05:53 #

i know that she is working with a stylist. she is called caroline seiber and lifes in london. it sounds like a joke to say she knows how to dress herself, i know she could not have done this without someone from the fashion-industry doing the thinking for emma.

• Fashion Critic July 13, 2009 at 10:35 #

Well in the interview I saw she must have been lying

• Ypa July 13, 2009 at 12:46 #

No, I don’t think she was lying : it’s only this year and for the fashion weeks some years ago that she worked with Sieber, and she told it the both times.

You can see the differencies when it happens : she try more designers she never did wear before, she wear less Chanel…
        When she dresses on her own, it’s with Chanel, a designer she went to the fashion show (the last was Tempest), or something she wore for a photoshoot (the white alexander mcqueen dress at the bafta, some stuffs we see her wearing in candids…)

So I don’t think she lied : it’s only for this promoting periode (since the Rodarte dinner, maybe) that she have Caroline Sieber help.

• Jeanne July 13, 2009 at 15:11 #

She’s had Caroline Sieber as a stylist since the fashion weeks last year. You can see Caroline in a lot of the photoes from that period :)

• Ypa July 13, 2009 at 17:29 #

Yes, she had CS during the fashion week last year, and now, but not in the time between, that’s what I said. Well, I don’t think she did as she was really nice at the last bafta, but nothing as incredible as she is when she work with Sieber.

10. Sporterblog July 13, 2009 at 06:18 #

I saw a girl wearing that dress today! It’s really cute in person.

11. ms.kurdapya July 13, 2009 at 07:37 #

If there’s only one word I could use to describe Emma Watson, it’s CLASSY. :)
    She just oozes pure class.

12. LolaSvelt July 13, 2009 at 11:21 #

I have to say it’s impressive that she doesn’t have a stylist. While I don’t always agree with her style choices, they always seem age-appropriate and chic at the same time without looking contrived.

13. sharon July 14, 2009 at 21:33 #

I just adored Emmas vintage Ossie Clark dress….I have a wedding coming up and Im searching very hard now to get as similar to this as possible!!! Just stunning!!!! Does anyone know where Id get this dress???!!!

14. sharon July 15, 2009 at 18:29 #

It sold for £1500.00!!!!! Oh my God!!! Who ever owned that dress made a smart move holding on to it and selling it now!!!! Still in love with it though…..Let me know if you know of any cheaper similarities…he he…
    Thank you for giving me the information….
    Sharon..x