10.07.09

The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

Thandie Newton gets another gold star this time for wearing this multi-coloured Matthew Williamson Resort 2010 dress.

Her look is almost a head-to-toe carbon copy of the runway look, but Thandie opted for a skinny gold studded belt instead of the wider runway belt, and she has a smaller bejeweled clutch.

Nude cut-away ankle boots complete this stunning look.

Best Dressed of the Week is going to be very crowded with Thandie and Emma’s looks.

Roisin Murphy finally does one of the silk voluminous shoulder pieces from the Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 collection justice.

I’m quite surprised her look is so close to the runway version, as she usually mixes things up a bit.

Her many accessories included bejeweled belt, gold necklace and large copper sequined bag which she carried as a clutch.

My only disappointment are those black patent heels.  Too stale for this kind of look.

Little Boots arrived wearing the same D&G silk brocade jacket with leggings, which Emma Watson wore in her editorial for Elle UK.

Little Boots is quiet daring with her style choices, so I’m surprised she didn’t copy the runway look.

After her disappointing looks at Haute Couture Fashion Week, Dasha Zhukova gets back to her stunning best wearing a cream Azzedine Alaia dress with a frou-frou skirt and a matching waist belt.

Her dress is gorgeous which she complements with a black and white print cropped jacket and Azzedine Alaia shell decorated heels.

After giving birth to her first child a few months ago Tess Daly has already snapped back to her perfect best.

The TV presenter showed off her stunning pins in this gold See by Chloé mini dress with a tiered bodice, which was folded in the skirt to add subtle volume.

Tess accessorized with some very sexy Jimmy Choo Billie Lizard-print sandals and mirrored clutch.

Meg Matthews continues to channel a very demure look. The wild rock chick seems to be a thing of the past.

Meg is wearing the black version of the same Antonio Berardi tweed crew neck dress she wore to the “Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince” UK Premiere.

Poppy Delevigne looks super sexy wearing a long sleeved black embellished mini dress with a pair of Topshop frill sandals.

Lily Collins has walked many red carpets, but I’m still yet to see her do anything noteworthy.

Phil Collins’ daughter is supposed to be an actress but I couldn’t name a single film or TV show she has been in.

Lily wore a lace Topshop lace bodycon dress with some Topshop black and gold sandals which very much look like Louis Vuitton Spicy sandals.

Gold jewelery and a black patent clutch completed the look.

Erin O’Connor wore a plunging jade-green Donna Karan Grecian style dress.

The shapeless dress should drown Erin’s slender frame, but the drapes and her elegant stature prevent that.

Natalie Imbruglia red gown is gorgeous but the Chanel black and white bag is so heavy it feels like a slap in the face.

A black clutch would have been much more subtle.

Olivia Palmero wore a champagne coloured dress with a dazzlingly Zara clutch, Topshop leather disc jacket, and Topshop velcro strapped heels.

Either these girls love Topshop as much as I do, or the retailer sponsored this event.

[nggallery id=110]

Credit: Style.com, Matrix, Flynet & Wireimage

In Tess Daly's Closet - Jimmy Choo Billie Lizard-Print Sandals

In Tess Daly’s Closet – Jimmy Choo Billie Lizard-Print Sandals

"Entourage" Sixth Season LA Premiere

“Entourage” Sixth Season LA Premiere

21 Responses to The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

1. ullis July 10, 2009 at 16:06 #

lily has been in 90210 – had a small role there, other than that she has probably done nothing

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 16:09 #

..except live off her fathers name.

• robbie July 10, 2009 at 17:54 #

it is hilarous that even if someone has a tiny part in a tv show it makes them an actress.

2. Ling July 10, 2009 at 17:09 #

Finally, Thandie has a new hairstyle, hoorah! She looks gorgeous, definitely best dressed (so far …) Dasha is a close 2nd, but I prefer her outfit without the jacket.

3. Justme July 10, 2009 at 17:15 #

Thandie looks great. Her belt and clutch are much better than the model’s.

Dasha would’ve looked stunning with another jacket, maybe a simple black one?

These are the 2 best looks of the event imo.

4. Gemma July 10, 2009 at 17:16 #

Thandie just never fails, does she? Oh, to be BFFs with Matthew Williamson!

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 17:17 #

wouldn’t that be grand *dreams*

5. fopa July 10, 2009 at 17:24 #

who is that guy with oliva palmero?

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 17:48 #

her boyfriend i guess

6. LolaSvelt July 10, 2009 at 18:08 #

Thandie Newton always looks good.

Roisin Murphy somehow makes that outfit work.

Erin O’Connor usually looks OK. She looks bad here, though.

Meg Matthews looks good when she cleans up!

I don’t know who Poppy Delevigne, but she has some gorgeous gams. She also looks like a really thin version of Charlize Theron.

Olivia Palermo’s style is growing on me, but I don’t care for this look. I love her Topshop jacket, though. Man candy is good, though!

Wasn’t Lily Collins in 90210? I think she’s beautiful, but her makeup ruins it.

I don’t like the road Little Boots is taking with her style. It’s a bit too gimmicky.

7. robbie July 10, 2009 at 18:10 #

thandie, as usual just looks P-E-R-F-E-C-T! although im not sure about the shoes though.

roisin, too much is going on for my liking.

little boots, her music is like her style bland and rubbish.

dasha, dress is gorgeous shoes are perfect but yet again no smile *rolls eyes* she looks like a baby with a smacked butt.

tess, i love it all especially her jimmy choos i approve to those!!!!!

meg, yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn so boring not very summery.

poppy, im not fully wowed by it but i think her shoes are very nice. the dress is okay i guess.

lily, the shoes are fabulous, but the dress and clutch plus the hair are boring, does she ever do anything different with her hair.

erin, simply chic and elegant as usual she can do no wrong in my opinion.

natalie, i really love this look although the bag is a little big for such a little flowy outfit.

olivia, yet another person who doesnt change her hairstyle. dress is nice but the shoes and jacket are ugly.

8. Ally July 10, 2009 at 18:51 #

Thadine looks stunning, but I think I like the runway belt better.

I adore Dasha’s whole look. Especially the jacket. Do we know who made it?

I guess I don’t really know much about her, but Lily Collins always seems sweet. I much rather have her at an event looking nice but boring than have someone like Paris making an idiot of herself.

9. ber July 10, 2009 at 19:35 #

Erin O’Connor reminds me of Tilda Swinton here.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 19:51 #

They are very similar

10. Chiara Popalopa July 10, 2009 at 20:43 #

Tbh, I’m not really found of the looks here. Too much black and/or too … I don’t want to say safe , with both D&G dresses but… maybe let’s say not really exciting? They’re still nice though.

I really like Thandie’s and also Erin for the colors/texture …

Poppy is really cute, i never saw her before .

11. loletta July 11, 2009 at 12:08 #

I love Roisin Murphy detailed on her head , fantastic who is it by ??

12. anais July 11, 2009 at 22:34 #

Isn’t Dasha’s dress Alaia? Do you know what season Dior it is/if it’s couture?

13. Mariana July 12, 2009 at 14:52 #

Olivia Palermo’s clutch is from Zara! I have one too :D

• Fashion Critic July 12, 2009 at 17:03 #

cute thanks

14. Anu July 30, 2009 at 17:29 #

Dasha’a dress is amazing!

15. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:14 #

Thandie Newton – !!!!!!!!
    Roisin Murphy – !!!!!!
    Dasha Zhukova – !!!!!

FINALLY someone wears the runway version of that Dolce & Gabbana dress.