10.07.09

Social Events Of The Week

Malaria No More Charity Party, LA

Dazzling Demi Moore wore a white crochet Andrew GN Spring 2009 summer dress, which she accessorized with the runway cuff and silver strappy heels.

The actress kept her hair slicked back in a bun, and the only other accessory she need was her sexy hubby.

“Live with Regis and Kelly”, New York

Emma Watson was spotted exiting the “Live with Regis and Kelly” studio earlier this week wearing a Jason Wu Resort 2010 ensemble.

The ensemble included a jersey chiffon-edged tank and a nude twist-pleat pencil skirt.

Her look was complete with two-tone ‘Bruno Frisoni for Jason Wu’ grey heels.

The shoes are from the first collaboration between the two designers, and were shown during Jason Wu’s Resort 2010 presentation.

I love that cute black headband which completes her look.

Out & About, New York

Hayden Panettiere causes a stir outside her hotel in New York as she made her way to “Live with Regis and Kelly”, wearing a stunning pale blue Zac Posen dress which had an intricate pearl and gem embellished waistband.

She paired her gorgeous dress with tumbling waves and Christian Louboutin heels.

Jaguar XJ Launch Party, London

Elle Macpherson is known as ‘The Body’ which she shows off wearing a super-short, sequined one-shoulder Herve Leger Camille beaded dress with blush pink Christian Louboutin peep-toe platforms.

“500 Days Of Summer” New York Screening

Hilary Rhoda also wore a look from the Jason Wu Resort 2010 collection.

Her look consisted of a grey tee, with a solid colour coral draped skirt with a black belt.

The model is glowing. I wonder if she just got back from vacation.

Leighton Meester works this colourful red and purple houndstooth Emilio de la Morena shift dress.

As her dress grabs all the attention, Leighton wisely keeps accessories to a minimum and make-up neutral.

Her look is complete with Alexandre Birman python peep-toe booties.

It’s a nice dress but for some reason I just don’t like it on Leighton.

“I Love You Beth Cooper” New York Screening

Here is another fab look for Hayden Panettiere. This time she wore an ivory Andy & Deb dress which she accessorized with a Nancy Gonzalez clutch, Giuseppe Zanotti Design pewter pumps plus Slane & Slane small bee omega earrings and ring.

It’s been a hectic week for Hayden but she’s never looked flustered, just very well dressed without putting a foot wrong.

Three-O Vodka Bubble Launch Event, New York

Khloe Kardashian totally ruins this black and white Alice + Olivia fan dress.

The dress comes with a belt which holds all the detail together without it, the dress is sadly a hot mess.

Case and point.

Credit: Fame Pictures, Style.com & Wireimage

"Entourage" Sixth Season LA Premiere

“Entourage” Sixth Season LA Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week

Who Was Your Best Dressed Of The Week

12 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Ally July 10, 2009 at 20:19 #

Wow. Elle just has legs for days, doesn’t she?

I like Leighton’s look (esp since she is back to brunette), but I think it seems a little off season. More of a fall look with the dark colors and boot-like shoes. Love the bold print though. I like that she is being risky with her fashion, but that can definitely backfire sometimes.

2. Tia July 10, 2009 at 21:25 #

Elle looks all 80′s glamazon supermodel here- so very her.
    Hayden’s Zac Posen is so beautiful- love all that detailing. And her hair looks a helluva lot better than the catwalk model’s do!

3. Liza July 10, 2009 at 21:34 #

I feel like Elle is really unproportional. She is definitely not “The Body” for me. I’m probably the only one that feels this way, ha.

4. Simone July 10, 2009 at 22:08 #

Leighton looks sooooo terrible. that dress is awful and drowns her. she is trying too hard to be edgy when she is just naturally so pretty. she needs to go back to being a chloe, lanvin, missoni girl. that suited her way better

5. dr July 10, 2009 at 23:26 #

Hey you should do a comparison. Heather Graham and Beyonce wore this dress before. Heather wore the exact same dress and Beyonce wore it three years ago in a different color. I agree with whoever said Elle looks out of proportion. Her shoulders are so wide the top of the dress is not as flattering as it was on the two other ladies.

6. Liza July 11, 2009 at 00:16 #

excuse me. did you cut out the bottom part of my comment?

• Fashion Critic July 11, 2009 at 09:57 #

I assumed that part was private.

Did you want everyone else to read it?

In response to that original comment I got up at 8am blogged all day, ran errands at various points, went to the gym, but didn’t eat until 6pm so by the time I wrote that post I was starving, cross-eyed and exhausted.

It’s been long week.

7. zoe July 11, 2009 at 00:59 #

i actually don’t like elle mcpherson in that herve leger dress. i love the dress itself, as is evident because i did a post on it a while back…but the dress is just not working me on elle. sorry…?

i don’t like the emilio dress on leighton either. it’s not really working with her shape…:/ sorry leighton, i love you!

and khloe looks really strange…what made her think she could wear that dress without a belt?

8. antoneLLina July 11, 2009 at 10:03 #

demi you are smokin’ hot!!! fantastic…and your husband is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…
    love emma too…but it’s impossible don’t love her.

9. Kim July 11, 2009 at 18:34 #

I can’t find a thing wrong with Elle!

Regarding Kloe, I actually thought she looked rather cute but when you commented that the dress was missing the belt I realized that if I had seen it with the belt I would feel the same way so I looked again and a belt seems right for that although I think sometimes celebs take the belt aaaand tights too doggoned far!!!

10. Jessica July 11, 2009 at 23:45 #

Emma looks fantastic!!
    Love the shoes!!!

11. kohlgirl July 13, 2009 at 06:48 #

Wow, how old is Elle and she has a body like THAT?!! So not fair.