This is the second time Emma Watson has worn a piece from the Proenza Schouler Resort 2010 collection on the red carpet for her new movie “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”.

The first time was when she attended the London photocall.

That dress was cute with a drop waist and a bejeweled neckline, for this occasion she opted for something a bit more adventurous.

She opted for this quite sexy haltered leather Proenza Schouler Resort 2010 dress with a black bodice, and a white skirt plus black strappy heels from the same collection.

This look might be a bit much for her die-hard young fans, but I love it.

It’s unexpected, it’s fresh, it’s risqué without being tacky. I don’t get a sense that she’s trying to be anyone else. Under all that leather she’s still Emma Watson.

I love the blown out hair. This was something that was missing from her other appearances.

I’ve been really impressed with all of her choices this week. They’ve been effortless, mature, tasteful and sophisticated.

[nggallery id=108]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Wireimage

Who Wore Pamella Roland Better? Carrie Underwood or Whitney Port

Who Wore Pamella Roland Better? Carrie Underwood or Whitney Port

Behind The Scenes On Madonna's Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 Ad Shoot

Behind The Scenes On Madonna’s Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 Ad Shoot

34 Responses to Runway To “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” New York Premiere – Emma Watson In Proenza Schouler

1. serapart July 10, 2009 at 10:15 #

LOVE IT, its edgier and its still Emma Watson, i love that she is not afraid of experimenting, love her hair and makeup, her co-star Bonny Wright was also beautiful that night…

2. Anastasia July 10, 2009 at 10:18 #

Totally agree! love-love-love her style!

3. Danika July 10, 2009 at 10:27 #

She looks fantastic, the dress suits her figure wonderfully.

4. FelipeA July 10, 2009 at 10:40 #

I absolutelly love all of her choices for the premieres and appearances, and although she totally works this look, this dress, with this bodice doesnt look really good on someone with a bust larger than an A

5. r1ma July 10, 2009 at 10:44 #

This girl has the best stylist in the world. It is not easy to dress someone like her.

The witch deserves some butterbeer for looking so ferosh during this press tour.

Ugh, she looks so much better than the model that it’s disgusting.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 11:39 #

I agree it’s not easy to dress her. Trying to appeal to the young woman in her and not upset young fans

• r1ma July 10, 2009 at 12:14 #

Lol my thoughts exactly.

Oh the uproar when she wore that Rodarte.

6. cucucmber eyes July 10, 2009 at 11:08 #

she look stunning.. i love the dress and i love the dress on her :)

7. shubby doo July 10, 2009 at 11:23 #

my best dressed vote this will be tough…i guess it’ll be tougher for you to choose which of emma’s outfits to put on the list…she has been flawless this week

wow

8. Lauren July 10, 2009 at 11:37 #

I love it! Its very different for Emma but it definatly works. When I first saw it I wasnt so sure but I think that was more from shock than anything else! Shes able to look sexy without looking slutty. Stars such as Lindsay Lohan should take note.

9. youtubefav blogspot com July 10, 2009 at 11:38 #

When you see pictures like Hermione dressed in this letter dress. It always looks like she is doing a cross over for TWILIGHT

10. robbie July 10, 2009 at 12:02 #

gorgeous dress, but she always seems to make her clothes look boring she brings no personality to the clothes. also the hair it is always the same style.

her shoes are my only favourite thing about this look.

• keira July 10, 2009 at 13:31 #

i totally agree with “robbie”
      somehow emma is boring…
      i don’t like the dress and well hair is meag-boring
      but shoes are cool

11. ace July 10, 2009 at 12:27 #

i really like how she looks here. very very unexpected and very very fresh too.
    loveee it

12. Alexandra July 10, 2009 at 13:11 #

wow with every appearance of Emma i’m more and more in love with her! She looks sexy yet still charming, and it’s not easy dress to pull off! The make up is flawless as always and her hair simply beautiful! I even like how slightly hunched is she, not exposing her breasts – someone like Megan Fox would certainy do that.

Definitely an Emma’s Week! :)

13. Ally July 10, 2009 at 13:48 #

Can we just name her best dressed of the week now? Perhaps not for this one b/c it isn’t my favorite, but she has really hit it out of the park this week (ew baseball metaphors to discuss fashion…). Other young starlets should take note. This is how you look interesting/youthful/edgy without looking like you either dressed in your mother’s clothing or a hooker’s.

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 13:52 #

I agree it’s a forgone conclusion so the interest will be ‘which’ is the favourite dress.

14. Lara X July 10, 2009 at 14:01 #

Emma looks beautiful, but she needs to work on her posture… she slouches a bit, with her head forward…

15. Flora July 10, 2009 at 14:10 #

Have you seen the pics of Bonnie Wright at the NY premiere, FC? She looks amazing, and the dress is great too. Dunno if it’s designer, but she really wears it well.

16. Flora July 10, 2009 at 14:25 #

Oh, and I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion by any means – have seen pics of Thandie Newton at the Serpentine Summer party last night and she looks stunning. I would vote for Bonnie if you’d put her up! (Vogue says it’s a Prada Dress)

17. kaikaluru info July 10, 2009 at 15:23 #

18. oh my damn July 10, 2009 at 15:47 #

what do we think about the guys I mean hot!!!

19. Ayvee July 10, 2009 at 15:52 #

Once again, Emma looks great!

By the way, since the Proenza Schouler Resort 2010 isn’t available just yet to buy, is Emma wearing the dress used in the fashion show? Even her Christopher Kane dress worn to the Letterman show isn’t available yet, so I’m wondering if she was wearing the one used for the fashion show too. Fashion Critic, what do you think?

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 15:58 #

They are usually samples from the PR agency or fashion house I believe.

20. Chiara Popalopa July 10, 2009 at 21:06 #

“They’ve been effortless, mature, tasteful and sophisticated.”
    Well said!

21. Chris R July 10, 2009 at 21:53 #

Sorry, but the dress does not look good on her at all. She looks really out of place in it.

She is so cute otherwise

22. Tania July 10, 2009 at 23:10 #

Love Emma in this outfit, she looks better than the runway model.

23. suejin July 11, 2009 at 22:43 #

Love it!

24. Harry Potter 6 July 16, 2009 at 08:39 #

@ robbie & keira: boring???
    That black bodice ROCKS!!!!

25. Cheryl July 21, 2009 at 05:31 #

Love Emma’s sense of fashion…

I would love to see what you think of Bonnie Wright’s outfits from HP6 premieres in London and New York..I saw one photo of her doing a fashion editorial in Grazia on thedailymail…thoughts?

redcarpet-fashionawards ROCKS IT!!

• Fashion Critic July 21, 2009 at 08:00 #

I will try to fit it in somehow. I was trying to concentrate on Emma during the premieres.

• Cheryl July 21, 2009 at 23:36 #

Thanks for giving me a reply…That doens’t happen as much as I would like…

26. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:10 #

Same old story. Great great… but the HAIR!