Rachel Weisz For Harper’s Bazaar August 2009

Yummy mummy Rachel Weisz has a commandingly sexy look on the cover of the August 2009 edition of Harper’s Bazaar UK.

She looks stunning wearing a black velvet Giorgio Armani Fall 2009 dress with an asymmetrical neckline and a bejeweled shoulder detail.

The rest of her editorial shot by Cliff Watts is pretty amazing too. I love the Alexander McQueen studded thigh-high boots below. You’d think Rachel is too sweet and innocent to pull something like that off, but she channels her inner diva to give us some fierce looks.

Here are some extracts from her interview with Catherine Fairweather.

On her Oscar: “It’s proudly displayed on a shelf in the bathroom. The best room of the house.”

On her teens: “I wasn’t the kind of girl who’s so pretty she never had to develop conversation skills. I was always thinking. Always curious.”

On botox: Botox should be banned for actors, as steroid are for sportsmen. Acting is all about expression; why would you want to iron out a frown?”

On London girls vs US girls appearances: “I love the way girls in London dress; it’s so different to the American “blow-dry and immaculate grooming thing.”

Credit: Style.com & Harper’s Bazaar

Nina Dobrev For Cosmopolitan US September 2013

Nina Dobrev For Cosmopolitan US September 2013

Lindsay Lohan For Vogue España August 2009

Lindsay Lohan For Vogue España August 2009

12 Responses to Rachel Weisz For Harper’s Bazaar August 2009

1. Lauren July 9, 2009 at 16:42 #

Ive been hoping youd post this ever since I saw the photo of her with the thigh high boots! She looks absolutely gorgeous here the front cover is amazing!

2. antoneLLina July 9, 2009 at 16:58 #

stunning. simpy stunning in every picture!

• Jules O'Connell July 9, 2009 at 18:28 #

exactly how I’d put it
      the only thing I noticed was Rachel’s extrEMEly smooth skin and then they print that botox-quote with it

3. stuti July 9, 2009 at 16:59 #

The wow moment I didnt get from the front row-ers, I got here. STUNNING. <3

4. zoe July 9, 2009 at 18:01 #

wow, i realllly love in those alexander mcqueen thigh high boots! she looks great. but for her comment on londoners vs. UKers she could have said something nice about both girls…none of them have perfect style…but i’m just getting touchy. :D

5. Leo July 9, 2009 at 18:03 #

I love her make-up so much. She looks abslutly gorgeous here!

6. Ally July 9, 2009 at 18:15 #

She looks amazing, but I really wish hair stylists would stop trying to make that unwashed/pushed back hair thing happen. If it looks bad on Megan Fox and Rachel Weisz, there is no way it is going to look good on a normal person! She looks so much better in the pictures where her hair is falling naturally.

• robbie July 9, 2009 at 20:57 #

personally i think rachel gets away with the pushed back look because she looks feminine, but megan doesnt because she looks very masculine and very drag queen-esque.

7. robbie July 9, 2009 at 19:01 #

holy cow, she looks hot! she is postively beautiful but damn these shots are something else.

i love hearing actors say they keep their oscars in their bathroom lol, you would expect them to have it showcased in their corridor or livingroom. i agree 100% with her about botox, what is the point in acting if you cant move your face?

hope you dont mind FC im going to use the pic of her with the thigh high boots as my desktop :-D.

8. Gasp July 9, 2009 at 19:24 #

Waw!! She’s the first to wear those amazing Balmain boots: I absolutely want them!!

9. Maggie July 10, 2009 at 00:06 #

WOW she is stunning and the mag’s styled her looks really well – love that Donna Karen jersey dress.

I think their art dept photoshopped her waist within an inch of its life though – the Rachel Weisz I know is much more of a yummy mummy than that cover!

10. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:08 #

So many people would look hagard with that makeup, but she’s one sexy cat. She can look both sweet and sexy. I love her transformations.