09.07.09

Calvin Klein Private Dinner

There aren’t enough words in the English dictionary to describe how beautiful Thandie Newton is.

I don’t think I’ve ever dislike anything Thandie has worn. She always looks amazing as she always knows what works well for her shape and skin tone.

She oozes style and grace from every pore. I’m sure she could even make a bin liner looks sexy.

At this party hosted during Paris Couture Fashion Week, the actress wore a stunning Calvin Klein nude dress with a embroidered detail through-out and a gathered detail on the hip.

I wasn’t crazy about this dress on the runway, but Thandie has made me fall in love with it.

Her dress was paired with nude sandals, invisible make-up, a shimmering box clutch and a sleek updo.

Dasha Zhukova maybe dating a Billionaire, but she’s not afraid to wear a dress which is a few season old.

When she looks this good in her nude Burberry Prorsum Spring 2008 dress, why not?

It’s a sexy little number and the colour is complementary to her colouring.

You may remember Emma Watson wore this dress back in February 2008 to the “Burberry & Vanity Fair Portraits” event in London.

Claire Danes always looks simple, elegant, and stylish.

Some of you would – and have – said her style is boring, but she sticks to her trusted formula of classic shift that complement her shape.

Case and point this stunning Calvin Klein Fall 2009 silver embellished dress with a jagged hem.

Credit: Style.com & Stephane Feugere

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Fergie Duhamel In Calvin Klein Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

The Serpentine Gallery Summer Party

9 Responses to Calvin Klein Private Dinner

1. Jarrold July 10, 2009 at 01:49 #

Thandie looks so amazing. Im in love

2. DM July 10, 2009 at 05:33 #

How does Thandie do it- wear a dress so close to her skin tone, and not look washed out?? She certainly brings this dress to life, compared to the runway model. I do wish that we’d get to see the dress against a dark background to see the detail better, and that her lip was glossier. But what a gorgeous, ethereal look!! LOVE it. And those SHOES!!! drool

3. nicole July 10, 2009 at 06:22 #

OMG !! I am speechless too on how amazingThandie looks in that questionable runway look. def my best dressed this week so far.

Dont like Claire Danes dress but she looks okay.
    Dasha is gorgeous as usual.

4. nicole July 10, 2009 at 06:28 #

ps did you see how amazing she looked in the Matthew Williamson dress she wore on to the Serpentine gallery ?? gorgeous

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 08:57 #

please can you keep comments on topic

5. Gaber July 10, 2009 at 08:49 #

I REALLY love how Claire interpreted that look. Her look is just miles above the runway version because of her shoe choice and hair. The runway shoes are just too heavy and Claire’s decision to let her hair flow offers a really nice counterbalance to a potentially overpowering dress. The model just got lost in the dress and looks really poorly.

After the starting praise about Thandie I was expecting a HUGE BUT. And give THAT photo – I’d give it to her. The “but” that is. She just looks like she’s wearing a catsuit. The way this dress looks below her knees is just horrendous. It was either modified or it’s the wind – because it just doesn’t end that poorly on the runway.
    Please, let it be the wind.

6. Nitasha July 10, 2009 at 14:22 #

No. 1 – Cate Blanchett
    No. 2 – Rachel Weisz/Kate Winslet
    Thandie Newton, you are a deserving No. 3. Simply Divine!

7. Christina July 10, 2009 at 18:45 #

The dress Dasha is wearing, I remember someone wearing the same dress but I can’t remember her name.

8. Chiara Popalopa July 10, 2009 at 21:10 #

So pretty, soft, feminine, I love all those looks!