08.07.09

Social Events Of The Week

“It’s On With Alexa Chung” Show, New York

Hayden Panettiere is doing the round promoting her new movie “I Love You, Beth Cooper”.

The actress looked adorable wearing an pink Elizabeth and James minidress with blouson sleeves, whilst accessorizing with black Guissepe Zanotti open-toe booties, and a purple Nancy Gonzalez clutch.

She’s like a breathe of fresh air on a warm sunny day.   I love this look.

Wimbledon Winners Party 2009, London

This has to be one of Serena Williams’ best ever looks.

The Wimbledon champion opted out of wearing something by Ralph Lauren – one of the sponsors – which is usually Venus’ choice when she attends this winners party.

Instead she wore this sexy black tulle D&G gown.

Love the dress, but those pearls a tad much.  The jeweled necklace would have been plenty.

Vitamin Water Event, Sydney

Kristen Davis was in Sydney to support friend Russell James at the opening of his Nudes photography exhibition.

She made sure she was pretty as a picture wearing an eye-popping bright blue strapless dress, which she teamed with a black tiered necklace, a sparkly mini clutch and black Christian Louboutin heels.

Again the necklace is too much for me.

“Late Show With David Letterman”, New York

Hayden Panettiere showed off her sexy side on Monday wearing a Caroline Seikaly revealing sheer lace dress with a black opaque underlay – thankfully – in all the right places.

With her sexy tousled updo she teamed her daring dress with black Stuart Weitzman gladiator sandals and chunky House of Lavande rings.

I’m loving the first look more to this racy lacy look.

Credit: Fame Pictures & Wireimage

Hair Trend Spotting: Headbands

Hair Trend Spotting: Headbands

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Roxane Mesquida or Taraji P. Henson

Who Wore Roberto Cavalli Better? Roxane Mesquida or Taraji P. Henson

26 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Gasp July 8, 2009 at 18:07 #

I’m quite surprised by Hayden’s looks: she has turned into a cute, classy, chic style that I didn’t expect at all!! Love her bright pink dress and the lace one too.. She’s recently been also promoting her movie on TV wearing a dress by Zac Posen, which I instantly loved!

2. heather ♥ July 8, 2009 at 18:21 #

Hayden is looking so good these days!
    I’m loving all her outfits.
    She was on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning wearing a stunning white embellished skirt and white top- I believe it was Phillip Lim… hopefully there are photos coming from that!

3. Chiara Popalopa July 8, 2009 at 19:11 #

I don’t like the racy look too… It doesn’t flatter her figure.

4. Aicha July 8, 2009 at 19:15 #

I love these looks, especially Hayden’s! She seems really comfortable in her own skin.
    I believe America Ferrera wore the same dress as Kristen Davis a while back? I personally preferred that look to this one, though they both look great.

5. Alicia July 8, 2009 at 19:35 #

I’m pretty sure America Ferrera wore the dress Kristin Davis is wearing a couple of months ago.

6. Raquel July 8, 2009 at 19:42 #

Hayden’s lace dress is… I don’t know, I can’t decide if it’s sexy or pure trash. I don’t mind the upper part, but the lower is too much for my taste. BUT where Hayden scores and others fail (looking at you Megan Fox) is that her make and hair are ALWAYS perfect. So, even if I don’t like the dress, I think the make, hair and pose save her from looking too vulgar.

Kristen Davis is so cute and has that whole “I’m a girl’s girl and I could be your girlfriend” vibe, yet I’m never impressed with her. It’s not bad, it’s not good… Same old stuff, always. Boring.

Serena’s dress is boring, but when you are that tall and that athlethic with such broad shoulders, better be safe than sorry. It works for her, and I love her hair.

7. AJoanna July 8, 2009 at 20:12 #

Isn’t Kristin Davis’s dress the same one America Ferrara wore about a year back? It looks familiar

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:10 #

The skirt is different. America’s is a pencil dress.

8. ber July 8, 2009 at 20:16 #

Is the dress Kristen Davis wearing the same one America Ferrara wore in the past? I’d love Hayden’s Letterman look, if it wasn’t so risque.

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:10 #

the skir is different. America’s is a pencil dress.

9. Payal July 8, 2009 at 21:00 #

Isn’t that a Brian Reyes dress on Kristen seen also on America Ferrera? Think you featured it already…

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:09 #

I thought that too. It’s very similar but not the same.

The skirt is different. America’s is a pencil dress.

10. robbie July 8, 2009 at 21:12 #

hayden, such a cute dress love the pink and purple together, although im not wowed by her shoes.

serena, she looks amazing, i agree the pearls are too much her hair is fabulous!

kristin, the necklace just ruins what would have been a perfect look. although saying that her hair looks very “kathy griffin” style.

hayden, skanky seriously that dress is something a wh*re would wear. i absolutely hate this look so much it is horrid.

11. Tania July 8, 2009 at 21:13 #

I love both Hayden’s dresses and would wear both.

12. danielezka July 8, 2009 at 21:13 #

I loooooved Hayden’s first look. It’s sweet, but I saw some shots of the back of the dress, and it’s really sexy too. She could be a candidate for Best Dressed of the Week ;)
    And the second look was just OK. I took a closer look and she wore a white thong…. I can’t understand why!

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:08 #

that lace one is too trashy for me

the white thong makes it worst

13. Kim July 8, 2009 at 21:31 #

I LOVE the pink. The black seems a little forced.

14. Jesmi July 9, 2009 at 06:44 #

I love Hayden’s dress.

15. pamsgt00 July 14, 2009 at 03:32 #

Hayden’s nude colored dress is super cute! I also love Kristin Davis’ dress!

16. Lsilve3 July 14, 2009 at 04:38 #

I really love Hayden’s first look and Kristin’s look. They both look feminine, fresh, and chic. Both of these dresses are great!

17. Anna Rice July 14, 2009 at 18:46 #

I love Kristin Davis’s dress! & Hayden Panettiere looks very cute.

18. Areti July 17, 2009 at 07:30 #

Hayden’s two dresses show how one girl can get it so right… and then miss the boat. It’s ok, I still love her. And need I say Kristin Davis is so lovely. I agree it would have been a 10 instead of a 9 if she didn’t have the necklace.

19. liz July 17, 2009 at 20:22 #

Hayden looks fantastic. both outfits are great. and i ADORE the color of Kristin’s dress by Brian Reyes

20. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 20:02 #

FC, isn’t that dress on Kristen Davis the same Brian Reyes dress America Ferrera wore last year?