08.07.09

Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair Sunset Cocktails

It feels like I’ve been waiting for this moment for such a very long time. A Jessica Biel red carpet moment in which I have nothing bad to say.

She stunned me. Even her usually greasy hair is oil free.

The actress looked super-glam wearing a Louis Vuitton Resort 2010 ensemble including a navy blazer, an adorable white mini skirt with navy tulle appliqué, navy patent peep-toes and simple clutch.

I LOVE the runway accessories, but this is a great effort on Jessica’s part.

The one thing about this event which I would have expected is Spicy heels.  None of the celebs wore them to this event.

Jaime King wore this Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 beige dress with brown shoulders with a two-tone pair of heels.

This is the second time we’ve seen this dress on the red carpet and the second time it has failed to work for me, but I do love her gold LV limelight clutch though.

Emma Roberts paired her maroon gold trimmed Louis Vuitton tailored jacket with Current/Elliott studded jeans as she was seen exiting the party.

This is a perfect look for her. I’m glad she didn’t try one of the bigger, more ostentatious pieces which may have overwhelmed her.

Rashida Jones opted for a Louis Vuitton Pre-Fall 2009 LBD which is seriously missing some bling to brighten it up a little.

I love the poufy sleeves and those LV Fall 2009 heels.

Recently Leighton Meester was spotted on the Gossip Girls set wearing this very same Alice + Olivia floral halter dress.

The dress is now sold out, but not before actress Kat Dennings purchased it to wear at this prestigious event.

I love the bright aqua clutch, but the boring heels let her down.

No prizes for guessing why she’s not wearing Louis Vuitton.

Credit: INFevents.com, Style.com & Rex

In Emma Roberts' Closet - Current/Elliott Studded Jeans

In Emma Roberts’ Closet – Current/Elliott Studded Jeans

Follow Me On Twitter At The Elie Saab Show

Follow Me On Twitter At The Elie Saab Show

24 Responses to Louis Vuitton and Vanity Fair Sunset Cocktails

1. Baer July 8, 2009 at 10:25 #

Wow, looks like Kat Dennings got punched in the face by a clown – her face, cheeks and neck are all different colours. Too bad~

• christian July 8, 2009 at 11:39 #

OMG, that’s sooo what it looks like!

on a sidenote, what’s up with her boobs? they look a mile long..

• maddie July 8, 2009 at 21:57 #

I think she just has big Boobs! they can be a problem…!

• christian July 8, 2009 at 22:31 #

yeah, maybe. i suppose they just look wierd in that dress. almost a bit smashed

• BirkinEnvy July 8, 2009 at 18:08 #

LMAO… that’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all week. But it’s sooo true, which makes it even funnier :)

• Gasp July 8, 2009 at 20:41 #

Hate hate hate her make up!!

2. Barbara July 8, 2009 at 10:42 #

OMG.
    Jessica Biel looking great??i thought it´s not possible!!!!
    but now im starting to think she can wear pieces that are fit for her :D
    on this event she was beatiful!!
    keep on jessica!!

3. Tia July 8, 2009 at 10:51 #

This is possibly the best I’ve seen Jessica Biel look, ever. Generally speaking, I think she is way overrated in the fashion/ beauty stakes.

I agree Rashida’s outfit is missing something but at least she didn’t go with the bobby sox!

4. zzarazza July 8, 2009 at 11:04 #

WOW, Jessica looks damn FINE, this is the understated but not boring style that works for her the best.

Kat Dennings’ floral dress with blue clutch is super cute, but her make-up is just wrong!

5. LolaSvelt July 8, 2009 at 11:11 #

Biel looks good here, but she really wowed me at the Easy Virtue screening with that 3.1 Phillip Lim dress.

6. robbie July 8, 2009 at 12:14 #

jessica, WOW im in shock right now for once she actually made an effort to look good. well done to her shame it took so god damn long.

jamie, gorgeous dress and even more gorgeous shoes!

rashida, very plain and rather boring this is what i would have expected jessica to wear.

kat, cute dress but those shoes are just really boring and rather blah.

7. Parvati July 8, 2009 at 13:26 #

Wow, Jessica Biel looks amazing! I love this look!
    I also kinda liked Jamie King’s look, too.

8. cafeaulait July 8, 2009 at 13:37 #

*falls down out of shock* Boring Biel looks good. Damn good for once. I think she’s finally realising that you have to make an effort for these events…good on her! Let’s just hope she can keep it up.

9. Ally July 8, 2009 at 13:53 #

I’m with everyone else — this is the best that Jessica Biel has ever looked. It is amazing what shampoo can do!

Kat is a pretty girl somewhere under all that makeup… She needs to wash her face, add a pair of yellow sandals and pull back her hair and she would be good to go.

10. Camilla July 8, 2009 at 13:59 #

Biel deserves a Best Dressed nomination. She looks absolutely wonderful – the hair and make-up really make this look.

11. lena July 8, 2009 at 15:08 #

black pumps with that dres?
    gross

12. heather ♥ July 8, 2009 at 15:22 #

WOW. i am amazed at Jessica
    She looks INCREDIBLE! she’s such a beautiful woman, its a shame she hasn’t been dressing like this all along!
    The outfit is perfection- something I would definitely wear

13. Kim July 8, 2009 at 15:56 #

JB looked great! So good it made you forget her complete sourpuss disposition! I liked that she did not go with the big jewelry.

14. Mimi July 8, 2009 at 16:30 #

I don’t get it… why would that girl not be wearing LV?

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:15 #

Most fashion houses loan sample sizes. She’s not a sample size.

That’s my belief

15. Justme July 8, 2009 at 17:07 #

*cries* I’ve been praying for Jessica’s fashion sense so I’m glad I was answered. No but seriously, she looks good.
    Am I the only one who’s in love with the runway heels? They’re so gorgeous. She should’ve wore them.

16. Ling July 8, 2009 at 17:44 #

Hoorah for the return of the Old Biel! She looks great, although I do like the shoes in the runway version. Why isn’t Kat Dennings wearing Louis Vuitton?

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 22:15 #

Most fashion houses loan sample sizes. She’s not a sample size.

17. Raquel July 8, 2009 at 19:32 #

Whoever did Kat’s makeup should be punishyed, she looks like a clown.

I agree, that’s the best Biel has looked in ages. The shoes are a tad boring, but the hair!! No oily hair!!

I love Emma’s look. Cute, fresh, young, age appropriated.