Runway To JET Nightclub – Christina Milian In Proenza Schouler

I was surprised we didn’t see more of the Proenza Schouler Spring 2009 collection on celebs because the pieces were edgy yet sophisticated. I imagined Rihanna, Chloe Sevigny or Jennifer Connelly to wear them but it never happened.

This weekend Christian Milian surprised me by wearing a Proenza Schouler black leather bustier dress with contrast mint green silk skirt, when she arrived at JET Nightclub in Las Vegas to watch her boyfriend aka The Dream perform a live set.

I’m firstly glad Christian has eased up on that garish platinum blonde hair she was sporting a few weeks ago. The highlights are less harsh.

I really love the dress from the contrasting colours and fabrics which mixes the rough leather with the smooth silk, plus I like the exposed zipper.

But I hate that silver chain she has worn with the dress as a belt, and the shoes are so hideous.

How can she wear such a cutting edge dress with such tired leopard print heels? *wonders*

Credit: Wireimage

Front Row At Christian Dior's Fall 2009 Couture Show

Front Row At Christian Dior’s Fall 2009 Couture Show

In Amber Rose's Closet - Matthew Williamson Neon Heels

In Amber Rose’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Neon Heels

10 Responses to Runway To JET Nightclub – Christina Milian In Proenza Schouler

1. LolaSvelt July 7, 2009 at 10:25 #

She’s too small to be wearing that dress, but she looks a lot better than usual.

2. Martin July 7, 2009 at 11:10 #

This doesn’t work for me. Too much fabric, too many tricks on the dress for a woman of her height to pull off and wrong shoes. On the model it looks so clean and sharp, on Christina it just looks messy.

3. Jesse July 7, 2009 at 12:13 #

I think a woman of her height could easily pull this off, had the dress been modififed to do so, just making it a little shorter (above the knee), changing the belt and shoes and she would have looked great.

I don’t care for her hair either, better than before but still a bit of a mess.

• GRACE July 7, 2009 at 12:40 #

I totally agree with you. The belt and length really ruin the dress, along with those horrible shoes -she should have gone for something simple, like black Trib Twos and a sleek updo or something.

4. Kim July 7, 2009 at 16:09 #

I think she lost her sense of style when the bleach hit her head!

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 16:23 #

LOL. So true.

5. robbie July 7, 2009 at 16:19 #

the dress looks a little loose on her. that hair is terrible it looks like she stuck a smale animal to the front of her head. the leopard print shoes are blah. the chain is rather annoying.

6. cari July 7, 2009 at 19:12 #

what a fun, sexy, casual dress!

lol the only thing right about the picture of christina is the actual dress. HAHA, i think it’s actually pretty astounding how everything else is so not working: her hair, her height with the length, the belt, the shoes, the size and fit.

i imagine someone young and sophisticated wearing this out on a cool summer night to a lounge and knocking glasses with an international crowd. or to a new artist’s showing.

7. georgia maude July 8, 2009 at 00:15 #

I can’t imagine a celebrity of Christina Milian’s stature receives many freebies–those are expensive shoes and like most of us, she probably wants to get more than a couple of wears out of them. I can’t hate her for that.

8. Taki July 9, 2009 at 07:29 #

They are not lepard print :( I hate the shoes with that dress as well that looks ill fitting on her but I like the shoes and was wondering if anyone knew what they are she wore them on June 19th coming out of Barneys NY in Beverly Hills while trying to show off an engagement ring. They are like a cross sequin basket weave style. Anyone who knows the shoe your help would be appreciated. Thx.