07.07.09 Premiere

“Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince” UK Premiere

Before the heaven opened and we experienced torrential rain in London today, Emma Watson looked angelic wearing a vintage Ossie Clark print dress.

Whoever is styling her is doing a fantastic job, because she looks elegant yet not too grown up to alienate her young audience.

Her look was complete flawless natural make-up and a red ribbon hair accessory.

I think I prefer this look to the previous one.

Jamelia opted for this Hervé Léger ombré dress which for me is a breathe of fresh air, because for the last 10 years she has pretty much only worn Dolce & Gabbana on the red carpet.

Peachy bow heels complete this look.

Meg Matthews is usually quite brash and colourful on the red carpet, but on this occasion she opted for a subdued grey Antonio Berardi Tweed crew neck dress which has been lengthened from the runway version.

The most interesting part of this dress with its contrasting fabrics are the pockets which sit on either side of the hips.

*Sighs*

Myleene Klass is so gorgeous. I really love her effortless style.

This peachy dress hugs her gorgeous curves which she is now proud of. I love the way the dress drapes on her.

I never liked her look when she was a size 0. Curves are good.

JK Rowling also took to the red carpet.

The author showed of a lot of cleavage wearing a plunging blue chiffon Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti gown which she accessorized with a matching Marc Jacobs clutch and gold Christian Louboutin Differa sandals.

Credit: Wireimage

Vanessa Hudgens' Pam & Gela 'Stevie' Dress

Vanessa Hudgens’ Pam & Gela ‘Stevie’ Dress

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Marisa Tomei, Fergie or Terri Seymour

Who Wore Alexander McQueen Better? Marisa Tomei, Fergie or Terri Seymour

28 Responses to “Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince” UK Premiere

1. nicole July 7, 2009 at 22:33 #

Emma looks so natural and beautiful i absolutely love it.. better than the last look for sure.
    Myleene looks great too. the colour is great on her.

2. cari July 7, 2009 at 22:40 #

emma looks like a (modest) princess here. she looks very sweet and charming. although i do commend her makeup artist for the natural colors and her stylist for the young yet refined looks, i think emma could use a dash more color. after all, she is 19 and it is summer!

herve leger, eh…. it’s very peachy and pretty, but still. i really like jamelia’s hair, though! i don’t know who she is, but she’s beautiful. i love her glowing complexion and radant smile.

• cari July 7, 2009 at 22:48 #

oh, oops, not finished!

with meg matthews’ dress, unless you’re going to do something interesting with it like jewelry, shoes, gloves, or hair, this dress is too plain for the red carpet. to me, here, it just looks like a fancy sweatsuit. and the added length just ruined what it had left going for it.

i don’t know who myleene klass is, either, but am i to understand this is her with weight gain?? you mean she’s not a size zero here?? very very pretty girl. i love the color of that dress with her skin tone.

wowza, ms. rowling! i like the color of her dress, it really makes her eyes that much bluer. and her, uh… set… is a lot nicer than a lot of younger women, but i don’t know! it just seems… inappropriate? maybe i’m being ageist.

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 22:53 #

yes she has gained weight. She used to be terribly thin.

3. zoe July 7, 2009 at 22:40 #

emma watson looks so much better in this outfit than in the last one. the last one was ok, but it definitely wasn’t working for me, for some reason. this outfit is gorgeoussss! and that makeup <3 beautiful, beautiful emma.

4. Kellyn July 7, 2009 at 22:52 #

oh emma looks fantastic!!! i actually think that she doesn’t have a stylist, which makes it all the more fabulous!! she really has a great eye for style!

5. Alexandra July 7, 2009 at 23:04 #

at first I disiked Emma’s look and felt disappointed but it’s grown on me. the dress is beautiful indeed! only Emma could have pulled it off, imagine Miley Cyrus or Selena in such dress… Miss Watson is certainly One To Watch! :)

6. robbie July 7, 2009 at 23:23 #

emma, she looks gorgeous but for some reason the dress ages her alot.

jamelia, i think i might faint for once it isnt dolce and gabbana. wow shocking but i love her shoes. i have seen them before but for the life of me i cant remember where and who made them.

meg, it is very plain and somewhat boring.

myleene, she looks fantastic the dress just hugs every part of her body. i just wish she would do something with her hair.

JK rowling, wow alot of cleavage on show but luckily tastefully done slighty inaproppriate for a premiere for a kids movie. gorgeous colour i must admit the clutch is too die for!

7. Megha July 8, 2009 at 00:11 #

emma looks absolutely amazing

jk rowling i dont like at all…a bit too plunging and that clutch is awful

8. Justme July 8, 2009 at 00:39 #

I didn’t like Emma’s other outfit but she looks great here. I like the ribbon, it adds a fun, young touch.

I don’t know who Myleene is but that dress is lovely.

9. alannah July 8, 2009 at 04:35 #

will there be anymore premieres for harry potter or was the UK one the only one scheduled?
    i want to see more emma in pretty dresses!

• N. July 8, 2009 at 15:08 #

There will be a US New York premiere on the 9th of July, I believe.

10. Natalie July 8, 2009 at 05:09 #

I have really become such a huge fan of Emma Watson’s style, she looks positively angelic here.

11. Tia July 8, 2009 at 07:03 #

The Herve Leger dress is a dream with Jamelia’s coloring. Myleen’s dress is so simple but quite unique and so cleverly cut.

I love the color and cut of JK’s dress but I do think the amount of cleavage is a bit much for a woman of her vintage (Is that ageist)?

12. serapart July 8, 2009 at 07:28 #

wow emma looks absolutely amazing in her dress and i love her makeup, as far as i know she picks the dresses on her own for such events etc..
    and boy i saw some other pics of her, that dress has a very daring slit up in the middle, very sexy :D

13. zzarazza July 8, 2009 at 11:08 #

OMG, Myleene Klass…. that’s the curves to kill for.

14. Alice[*] July 8, 2009 at 12:02 #

Emma looks great!The dress is perfect with the romantic hair,very elegant.
    I also like J.K.Rowlig!What a wonderfful colour!

15. Adam July 8, 2009 at 13:59 #

I’ve just come from another website which has pics of the premiere after it’s started raining and become windy…Emma is holding her dress up to try and keep it dry, and in the process the poor thing has very obviously exposed her underwear to the paparazzi. It’s nice to come here and see the dress as it’s supposed to look.

16. Ally July 8, 2009 at 14:11 #

I have really developed a girl crush on Emma over the last few weeks. She really seems to have a good head on her shoulders and she has been looking stunning lately. Keep up the good work!

17. Hélène July 8, 2009 at 16:51 #

wow i really agree with you, Emma Watson’s been looking fantastic recently!!

18. Ling July 8, 2009 at 17:45 #

I like the red ribbon in Emma’s hair, but I feel that the dress needed something a little extra, maybe a big necklace or something.

• Patricia July 9, 2009 at 20:36 #

The red ribbon is an homage to Rob Knox. He played Marcus Belby in the new Harry Potter and was killed outside a bar.

Emma looks really angelic.

19. Priyanka July 10, 2009 at 07:03 #

Hey FC,

I heard that Emma Watson later had a wadrobe malfunction in this dress. Read that the frock slipped due to rains exposing her inner wears…

• Fashion Critic July 10, 2009 at 08:48 #

yes it was all over the newspapers here in the UK

20. Flora July 10, 2009 at 11:16 #

Oh, yeah, that’s right the frock “slipped”…

“Oh, no, I’ve accidentally come out to a premiere dressed in a frock with a plunging neckline, no bra, and a slit right up to the waist! How did that happen?”

Come on! She knew EXACTLY what she was doing!

21. Half-Blood Prince July 16, 2009 at 08:18 #

Awww… Emma looks adorable! Like an elf princess

22. Bego July 20, 2009 at 22:39 #

I’m in love with all the looks Emma has been wearing during the whole Harry Potter promotion, all of them have been flawless in my opinion. only i’m sad Bonnie Wright hasn’t been featured in the London nor in the NY premieres, as i have liked her dresses in both of them!