07.07.09

Front Row At Armani Privé Fall 2009

Is Megan Fox serious? Like really?

She’s at a Couture show for Christ sake, can’t she at least pretend like she deserves to be there.

She should be taking acting advice from the great Cate Blanchett – who’s doing her best to ignore her – because lets face it pouting her way through “Transformers” doesn’t make one a good actress.

*All hail the Queen is back*

Cate Blanchett hasn’t been on the red carpet in a long while as she currently lives in Australia.

Cate and Giorgio Armani have a perfect working relationship.  He creates stunning pieces I’m sure with her in mind, which is why the star was the guest of honour at this show.

She didn’t wear any of the pieces on my wish list, but this Armani Privé Spring 2009 floral sheath dress with an oriental vibe is simply stunning on her and she wears it with such grace.

We are still and will never be worthy *bows*

Kasia Smutniak is the face of Giorgio Armani’s new fragrance ‘Idole d’Armani’.

Giorgio chose Kasia because she has a fresh and modern appeal which combines true feminine sensuality.  She is a rare beauty.

The stunning model wore a floral print Armani Privé Spring 2009 jacket, with a black skirt as she posed alongside the designer.

She wears one Armani Privé dress and this grants Megan Fox front row access and a seat next to the great Cate Blanchett?

Seriously what is this world coming to?

Her dove grey one-shoulder Armani Privé dress is gorgeous I won’t take that away from her, but the make-up once again lets her down.

She really needs to sack her make-up artist because she’s gone from orange to yellow now she’s just too pale.

Elsa Pataky always presents herself well. She’s always graceful, elegant and well dressed and knows a thing or two about Couture gowns so she has earned her spot in the front row.

Her bangs were a bit too blunt during Cannes but they have grown out to a more versatile length.

Her Giorgio Armani Pre-Fall 2009 LBD is simple but so so elegant. I love the silhouette it gives her and the silver details on the shoulders which she complements with a silver clutch.

My hero worship for Dasha Zhukova started off very high at the beginning of the week, but her stock is falling quite sharply.

She looks cute in her Thakoon Resort 2009 printed dress, but it’s much for fitting for an informal event not an Armani Privé show.

I almost missed this because I didn’t recognise her.

Katie Grand would have stood out. I wouldn’t have missed Katie Grand.

Isabelle Huppert also decided to dress down for the occasion considering she was the couture queen at Cannes Film Festival.

Très disappointing.

Credit: Style.com, Giorgio Armani & Getty

71 Comments
In Amber Rose's Closet - Matthew Williamson Neon Heels

In Amber Rose’s Closet – Matthew Williamson Neon Heels

In Meg Matthew's Closet - Antonio Berardi Grey Tweed Dress

In Meg Matthew’s Closet – Antonio Berardi Grey Tweed Dress

71 Responses to Front Row At Armani Privé Fall 2009

1. robbie July 7, 2009 at 16:36 #

CATE IS PERFECTION! everything she wears just looks so much better than on the runway. i am in awe right now. PLEASE FC BEST DRESSED OF THE WEEK! must have it!!!!! *bows down to the couture queen*

megan, she is at couture shows. seriously why is she even there. what happened to the times when actually stars went to couture shows? dress is nice.

elsa, is just stunning the dress is lovely i like the silver details.

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 16:52 #

OF COURSE.

• r1ma July 7, 2009 at 16:59 #

i think Megan is there because she wore and Armani Prive once and that granted her an invitation

2. robbie July 7, 2009 at 16:38 #

also can i just add that picture the 3 of them together, megan looks bad. i just love cates expression she is probably sitting there thinking “she must have won a competetion to be here” lol.

3. ber July 7, 2009 at 16:38 #

I wonder if Megan Fox ever regrets getting that tattoo. Cate looks great, as usual. I’m loving her hair and makeup.

4. alyss July 7, 2009 at 16:42 #

Finally- Cate is back! She looks amazing and classy at always.
    Megan… well, she’s Megan. Next to Cate she just looks trashy.

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 16:51 #

yep her biggest mistake apart from pulling that face is sitting next to Cate

5. r1ma July 7, 2009 at 16:46 #

Remember when Megan joked she was a tranny?
    But who’s laughing now? I am starting to think she wasen’t kidding.

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 16:50 #

LOl me too.

6. AJoanna July 7, 2009 at 16:48 #

Ok, I am crying now. WHY?! Why was Megan Fox sitting next to Cate and acting like she was “all that”? Megan Fox is almost sickeningly vain about how supposedly amazing she is. Sure, she’s gorgeous, but she doesn’t need to act like this. She should take tips from Cate, as Cate looks gorgeous, sophisticated, and absolutely regal. I love her. :D

7. sara July 7, 2009 at 16:53 #

i like megan but armani isn’t her style.. i love megan in cavalli and D&G, actually not armani!

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 16:54 #

Great point. She’s more a D&G Cavalli eurotrash style

• lena July 7, 2009 at 17:34 #

eurotrash?explain please

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 17:42 #

I was joking.

• r1ma July 7, 2009 at 17:47 #

haha i don’t think Megan qualifies as Eurotrash D&G Cavalli
          I see her more as a Juicy Couture/ Ed Hardy ‘s Trailer Trash Couture type gal.

• LolaSvelt July 8, 2009 at 11:20 #

D&G, I don’t mind (very blah), but Cavalli IS trash.

8. Stephen July 7, 2009 at 16:53 #

At least Megan Fox is going for a transformation from her every day. How tired is the Blanchett hair pulled back look. Megan pulls off old hollywood glam mixed with a young hollywood a freshness. The only real disappointment for me is the shoe choices.

9. Sarah July 7, 2009 at 17:06 #

Elsa Pataky’s dress is a little bit boring. Cate looks great…but I have a little problem with the shoes.

10. cucucmber eyes July 7, 2009 at 17:22 #

what is megan doing there?! her face is like 2 shades lighter than the rest of her body :(
    on the other side cate is pure perfection!

11. Willa July 7, 2009 at 17:49 #

I just saw another picture of Megan where her face is WHITE, and the rest of her is tan. Hideous makeup.

12. Patricia July 7, 2009 at 17:51 #

Cate is back. And she looks amazing. She is always so well dressed…I can’t get enough of her! She is the queen of the red carpet.

We cannot give the same complimentens to Miss Fox! Ok, she is well dressed, but the makeup is a mess! Not to mention her awful attitude. I mean, she is at the front row of a couture show. I must say I’m sick and tired of her “Oh, I’m so hot!” attitude.

13. Justme July 7, 2009 at 17:58 #

Megan is giving me a strong bootleg Dita Von Teese vibe, poor thing. She’s gorgeous but her features are quite strong so harsh makeup is (almost) impossible to pull off. Her dress is unflattering too, which is weird since she has an amazing body. Maybe it’s her pose.

While I love the way Cate carries herself, I don’t like the dress. The shoes look divine though.

14. red July 7, 2009 at 18:00 #

The site of Megan Fox sitting next to Cate makes me want to vomit! In an interview recently she actually slammed Cate for getting critical acclaim and respect within the industry, whoever organised the seating arrangements needs to be fired!

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 18:01 #

with immediate effect LOL

• fopa July 7, 2009 at 21:42 #

she sed what? on what basis!?

• red July 10, 2009 at 16:53 #

Megan said that she wanted to be taken seriously as an actor and wanted to grow within the profession but she said she did n’t want it on the same level as Cate Blanchett, basically statingthat the acclaim that comes Cate’s way is excessive!

15. Ling July 7, 2009 at 18:02 #

Megan’s face in the first picture is TERRIFYING! She looks like a vampire! Having said that her hair looks lovely and the dress is gorgeous, pity about the makeup. Cate on the other hand looks so elegant, it’s a difficult dress to pull off but Cate, as always, manages. Not sure about the shoes though.

16. Ally July 7, 2009 at 18:20 #

I just love Cate’s expression in that first picture. It is very “Enjoy your 15 minutes, honey. I’ll be over here shinning my Oscar.”

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 18:28 #

COMMENT OF THE YEAR…Love it.

• Ally July 7, 2009 at 18:33 #

17. lena July 7, 2009 at 18:21 #

Oh my god,Megan Fox’s make-up is what nightmares are made of.Her body is tanned,but her face is almost white.Eek.

18. Raquel July 7, 2009 at 18:30 #

Why Megan shouldn’t be there? The Olsen twins during their horrid grunge phase, Britney (!!!) and much worse z-list people have been there. Armani ALWAYS invite young fresh faces to his fashion shows.

I don’t mind her dress, I don’t mind the hair, but I agree that the makeup is a mess. I love the bold red lips, but everything else screams “bad! job!”. The tranny comment fits in the sense that whoever is doing her face think she is going to be an extra at “Prisicilla”.

The first pic is not her best, – the attitude really sucks – but she looks quite good in the others – minus the makeup.

I ADORE Cate, but I think a pair of to die for earrings would have added some much needed spark to her outfit. Maybe bolder lips would have done the trick. I love the dress and the shoes.

Kasia, I preffer the runaway version. The black skirt is to dull for such a delicate jacket.

Signore Armani himself is looking like a oompalumpa… or Lindsay Lohan’s lost grandfather.

19. nicole July 7, 2009 at 18:54 #

Ive missed Cate and i appreciate her that much more after looking at Megan Fox. Horrid makeup and stupid faces that i cant look past to even notice that dress.
    she just seems like a clueless kid.

20. cari July 7, 2009 at 18:59 #

lol! i like the last picture where giorgio has his arm around megan but is distancing himself from her at the same time.

the first picture is priceless! i see it plastered everywhere. oh megan, if you could only carry yourself with some grace and poise. you have so much potential!

i would be shocked to see megan next to camilla belle, much less the great cate.

21. Tia July 7, 2009 at 20:17 #

Kate is almost twenty years older than Megan so of course she’s going to present with more maturity. Armani doesn’t want things getting too staid. Megan gets the male vote and people will always hate on her for that.

• cari July 7, 2009 at 23:38 #

actually, i listened to a few of her interviews because i wanted to give her a fair chance. she is surprisingly down to earth and modest, and goes out of her way to appear approachable. like that whole boy with the flower fiasco, where she apologized and totally didn’t have to since it happens all the time. and hugging one of david letterman’s assistants. she also pointed out that she’s shy, thinks she needs a lot to work on to be a better actress, and they actually had to stop an interview once because she DIDN’T want to talk about her tattoos or her looks. she said she doesn’t really know what to say when people just comment on her beauty/hotness all the time, and would rather talk about something else.

i think the marilyn monroe tattoo is a little garish and ill-placed, but you can tell it means a lot to her. from what i’ve gathered, marilyn monroe was a sex symbol figure who was at times validated, glorified, and trapped by her status. she reveled in the power it gave her, but she was also aware of its limitations. i don’t know if i’d smack a portrait of her face on my inner forearm, but marilyn monroe is an intriguing character. she said, “hollywood is a place where they’ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.”

now, i don’t know if megan fox identifies with her for the reasons that i think she does, and she’s openly admitted that she will lie and give contradicting answers as to the personal significance of her tattoo, but there are a lot of similarities. her hotness is what makes her famous, but the same people who value her for her sex appeal are the same people who tend to devalue her as a person (aka, the male vote). i think all women get confused between love, sex, and power. and… for some reason, with megan fox’s marilyn monroe tattoo emblazoned for all the world to see, i think megan is a lot more with it and aware of herself and the nature of public perception than people want to think. at least, i hope she is. maybe i’m giving her too much credit.

i mean, my critique of megan fox is strictly limited to her dress choices, rainbow colored complexion, oddly perpetually opened mouth, and questionable taste in men. not to mention footwear. and i really wish she’d do something with her hair. she either tries to look sheek by severely pulling back her hair, or does the sexy siren goddess locks. i’m kinda sick of both. she also lacks a certain grace and poise, i think, because she’s trying to look too nonchalant and approachable. i think it’s kinda disrespectful and… trashy. but she’s young, and i honestly think if she tries hard she can learn how to be a classy sophisticated lady who knows how to carry herself when around the likes of kate blanchett and giorgio armani. i mean, seriously, COME ON, who grins dementedly like that??? she looks like she just escaped the mental ward at the local prison!!! she needs someone with sense to lay hands on her and deliver some reverence unto her.

and i’ve never seen the tattoo, but i did read that she has another one that says “there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her heart.” and when i think of that, i give megan fox the benefit of the doubt that she is just like you and me: learning how to love, live, and be free in our own way.

yeah. i have no life. i researched megan fox for like two days. this is what i do in between checking this blog for updates.

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 23:58 #

Thanks for your comment. :D

• cari July 8, 2009 at 00:07 #

haha, that was way longer than i expected. basically, i just wanted to say i only hate because i love!!

your faithful ride or die reader! RCFA 4 life!

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 00:31 #

hey when you get into the zone just let it flow ;)

• Willa July 8, 2009 at 02:26 #

You’re seriously kidding yourself if you think she’s anywhere close to being modest. there are NUMEROUS quotes where she goes around saying hot hot she is and how other women only hate her because she’s so attractive and blah blah blah. Her personality is so ugly.

22. Kim July 7, 2009 at 20:45 #

Uhm Megan just made my head hurt. The dress is very cute but from the neck up she looks like Dita Von Teese gone bad- very bad!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Dana July 7, 2009 at 21:04 #

Cate is the Queen of couture as I see it. She always looks so classy, elegant & sophisticated and can pull off a dress like no other! She is truly an icon in every sense of the word, fashion, acting, personality-she’s got it all.

now Megan on the other hand…lol. I can’t believe they sat her next to Cate the Great!

Megan can get the male vote all she wants, that’s fine. I’m sorry but men are stupid and go for trashy girls (and I mean girl as in KID) like that.

24. Alexandra July 7, 2009 at 23:12 #

haha Megan and Cate sitting next to each other… I can’t imagine more striking contrast. Cate looks like a patient lady who’s trying not to laugh at her litthe daughters behaviour in order not to make her sad ;) And I don’t think I need to mention that Cate is perfection!

• Alexandra July 7, 2009 at 23:14 #

I forgot to mention that I love Kasia :) Another beautiful polish model, those girls make us proud. One of my closest friends is also a model, she is also called Kasia and is equally stunning! ^^

25. Vivian July 7, 2009 at 23:48 #

how does megan fox manage to make everything so tacky?? and next to cate blanchett she looks like a stripper out of place sorry

26. georgia maude July 8, 2009 at 00:01 #

Let’s face it–Armani is a business; Megan Fox is momentarily “hot” and will draw attention and thus revenue for the designer. The bottom line is always money.

• Fashion Critic July 8, 2009 at 00:31 #

which is true, but out of all the mediocre actresses….

27. sydneycheapchic July 8, 2009 at 00:58 #

Nothing new to add.. just that I love Cate!!

28. Danika July 8, 2009 at 02:13 #

Yes poor Cate , guest of honor does not seem as special when one has to share the spotlight with Megan Fox trashy-much! Cate of course looked stunning.

29. Profashionelle July 8, 2009 at 03:58 #

Come on, people! Can you imagine how it’s like when paps get your picture taken 100x per second? Of course they’ll publish either the most ugly ones or the most…well interesting. To me it looks like she’s in the middle of moving her head down smiling and that pose looks kind of vain, but rather unintentional.

… Cate = ♥³

30. Lilix July 8, 2009 at 04:44 #

Oh come on.. Megan probably just got caught at the wrong moment by the cameras when she was laughing or saying something.. jeez. Give her a break. Unless she was purposely doing it and it shows in every single picture, then that’s a different story.

• Parvati July 8, 2009 at 13:18 #

Someone above said that she looks like a bad version of Dita Von Teese, but ironically enough, in her full-length photo, with that make-up and that expression, she reminds me more of Marilyn Manson! lol :P (and I hate to say that, because I’m a Manson fan!)

• Parvati July 8, 2009 at 13:20 #

Sorry, I did something wrong, that was meant to be a reply to my previous comment, not Lilix’s comment.

• stuti July 8, 2009 at 13:45 #

Parvati, ditto! She totally reminded me of Manson. And i am a HUGE fan of Manson too.

31. Martin July 8, 2009 at 07:13 #

We are not worthy indeed. Cate is flawless, effortless beyond belief, whilst Megan is the great pretender. I love Cate’s seeming indifference in that photograph. Megan who?

Best dressed this week, so far, for me is a battle between Dasha Zhukova in Marios Schwab and Cate in Armani Prive. Head and shoulders above the best in my opinion.

32. Davor July 8, 2009 at 07:28 #

The only thing I could say about Megan Fox as a person and actress: she is beautiful (yet so raw). Hm….. Yeah. I think that’s pretty much it. :)

33. Martin July 8, 2009 at 08:11 #

We are not worthy indeed. Cate is flawless, effortless beyond belief whilst Megan is the great pretender. I love Cate’s seeming indifference in that photograph. Megan who?

Best dressed this week, so far, for me is a battle between Dasha Zhukova in Marios Schwab and Cate in Armani Prive. Head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion

34. Lucy July 8, 2009 at 10:10 #

Cate always stunning. Blanchett is the best example of a star. And the best actress of her generation.

Cate is the Queen of Actress and Fashion Queen.
    What woman !
    Perfect, kind, gorgeous.

35. Alice[*] July 8, 2009 at 11:54 #

The first picture is totally hilarious and Megan is ridicule.She has no grace,no elegance,no allure,but only a good dress this time,’cause Armani is always Armani.Instead Kate is everything I’ve just said.She looks great.
    Kasia,here in Italy,is known as a good actress and I’m so glad that she’s the new face of Armani fragance!She’s chic.
    Elsa looks very elegant.I don’t like at all Dasha and Isabelle is too casual.

36. Louise July 8, 2009 at 12:01 #

The photos of Megan and Cate sitting next to each other made me laugh out loud. And they certainly have everyones attention.
    No-one can come close to my Cate, and certainly not Megan Fox! I

37. Parvati July 8, 2009 at 13:16 #

Megan Fox looks like a vampire, with that pale face and red lips. Seriously, what’s with these expressions on her face? Was she trying to look sexy or go “old Hollywood glamour”? Because she looked just ridiculous!

• Parvati July 8, 2009 at 13:20 #

38. Jessica July 9, 2009 at 01:46 #

“Trashy meets Classy”lol!…hope Cate imparted some of her wisdom because Fox has a lot to learn! I feel she has no clue what kind of legendary acting/fashion/beauty icon she has just had the priviledge of sitting next to. We are not worthy indeed, we bow down to you Cate the Great!

39. Flixer July 9, 2009 at 15:10 #

OMG!! What is with the Marilyn Monroe pose? I don’t really have a problem with Megan, but Marilyn is like a holy grail to me. Somehow that pose is just very wrong on Megan!!

40. tash July 18, 2009 at 00:06 #

there’s something about her eyebrows. they’re shaped really nicely here, but they r red or something like she just had them threaded. i totally agree with u on the make up ruins the overall look.

41. LeeAnn July 24, 2009 at 11:37 #

I was at the show and sat immediately behind Cate and Megan. Megan looked and acted like a tramp. Her makeup was dreadful and she looked very hard. Cate did everything she could to distant herself from her. The show was awful and more about selling accessories and his new perfume

• Fashion Critic July 24, 2009 at 11:44 #

I can picture the scene exactly as you describe it.

Megan has no class, and I still to this day I ask why she was even invited.

• LeeAnn August 14, 2009 at 09:07 #

She was invited in order to garner column inches. The fashion press hate Armani so they give him enough publicity to keep his advertising but thats it. Her attendance put his name on the front page of every paper and magazine (mostly the downmarket weeklies) for weeks afterwards. Remember he is no longer about his clothes but rather the milions he earns from sunglasses, perfumes and the like.
        You could almost ask the same question about his use of POSH spice but you know the answer-he is going for the tattooed bald brigade as they will keep him rich. Also his niece is now running the show-she is also responsible for ousting Lady Helen Taylor.

42. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 19:59 #

Cate looks perfect.

No comment for the rest.

43. Vera August 26, 2009 at 15:41 #

Seriosly, I cannot understand how can YOU like Megan.

She’s just cheap dirty slut.

44. Julia Coning March 26, 2011 at 11:39 #

OMG they’re all beautiful!! Look at them!!! Megan is Amazing she like one of the most sexy woman in the entire world!!! And Cate… She’s PERFECT!!!