Runway To “Malaria No More” White Party – Cassie In Alexander Wang

Whatever Cassie’s selling, I ain’t buying.

The try-hard attended Diddy’s Annual White Party this weekend which he turned into a charity bash in order to make sure celebs turned up, because lets face it Diddy is hasn’t been relevant since 1997.

My problem with Cassie is that her look is so contrived. She makes Rihanna’s style look effortless.

The baby face singer has opted Alice Dellal hair and is trying to opt Erin Wasson’s style. This girl has no identity of her own.

Her Alexander Wang Fall 2009 slashed dress has been shorted to make her look more sassy, but she ends up looking trashy.

Who is the real Cassie? Who cares?

[nggallery id=105]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Runway To Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas - Kylie Minogue In Givenchy

Runway To Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas – Kylie Minogue In Givenchy

Sneak Peak At Christian Dior Fall 2009 Couture

Sneak Peak At Christian Dior Fall 2009 Couture

26 Responses to Runway To “Malaria No More” White Party – Cassie In Alexander Wang

1. jennifer July 6, 2009 at 16:12 #

Sometimes I have to question why some celebrities have to wear somehting hideous just to get attention when ( I hope! ) they know they look ridiculous. You can take a risk without looking like you got dressed in the dark and didn’t bother changing when you saw what you had on.

2. LolaSvelt July 6, 2009 at 16:23 #

Cassie is the definition of try-hard. Her hair, the nude pictures and now her fashion.

3. SarahV July 6, 2009 at 16:26 #

The main problem is her hair here, to me… HATE it.
    And I have to admit I like the runway dress a LOT better, the modification cheapens the dress!

• Emma July 6, 2009 at 17:20 #

Totally agree, the modification looks so much more tacky!

4. robbie July 6, 2009 at 16:39 #

such a pretty dress made to look cheap and tacky. then hair is just terrible really does she own a mirror?

5. Lily July 6, 2009 at 17:43 #

Cassie made the dress look like she ripped them herself.. she looks so tacky. especially her hair!! She’s too much of a try hard.

6. Justme July 6, 2009 at 17:46 #

The dress is tacky period. But shortening it and wearing actual underwear underneath it? Just cluelessness.

7. Ally July 6, 2009 at 17:49 #

Perhaps she thought the invitation read “white trash” party?

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2009 at 17:52 #

ha…so true.

8. Jules O'Connell July 6, 2009 at 17:51 #

imho this post is one of your best ever
    first: funny
    lets face it Diddy is hasn’t been relevant since 1997
    (still laughing – so true! but I have to remind u that he was part of the JLOjungleversacedressmoment;)
    but then u boil it down to the essence of style
    sure, you can style your hair, celebrate the power of pr & the internet, shape up, buy expensive clothes and show up at ‘fancy’ ‘events’
    sure – she looks ‘good’ ‘edgy’ and a bit ‘interesting’
    but really – style is about who you are otherwise it’s just clothes on you
    plus the shoes – arrgh – no go

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2009 at 17:52 #

why thank you *bows* LOL ;)

• Jules O'Connell July 6, 2009 at 17:54 #

welcome =)
        *clapclapclap*

9. Hilary July 6, 2009 at 18:03 #

OH SWEET JESUS…That freaking hair again..Britney’s bald look was actually better..This is HIDEOUS…Everything about this look is so vomit inducing hideous.

• christian July 6, 2009 at 19:55 #

haha, so true!

she looks crap.

10. Stephen July 6, 2009 at 18:13 #

Short or long, this cover-up only belongs on the beach or by the pool

11. Jaja July 6, 2009 at 18:51 #

That was kinda harsh. The girl is only 19. How many 19 years “know” who they are? Most of them have identity crisis. She is a gorgeous girl, I used to really like her style but not as much lately.

I do find it funny that her coverup looks nothing like original A Wang piece. Ha ha

12. Valerie July 6, 2009 at 19:09 #

I completely agree with Fashion Critic. The edgy look doesn’t go with her face. And Jaja she’s actually going to be 23yrs old.

13. Tania July 6, 2009 at 21:42 #

I actually feel sorry for Cassie all this critism, she’s just trying to change her image. On a postive she has a great figure and a pretty face and I don’t think she makes the dress look tacky. When Rihanna first appeared on the scene she did not dress how she dresses now, give Cassie a chance.

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2009 at 22:11 #

Diddy is pushing her into a direction that is just not her to compete with Rihanna.

We’ll see where it goes, but for me this is not her style

• Jaja July 7, 2009 at 21:55 #

I definitely agree that Diddy is the master mind behind “her new look.” Because let’s face it, she cannot afford all of this based on her record sales or lack thereof. But I heard an interview with her and she seems so sweet.

Oh swell.

14. Dana July 6, 2009 at 22:25 #

It’s so sad when such a pretty girl looks SO wrong.
    agree?

15. Dana July 7, 2009 at 11:36 #

It’s so sad when such a pretty girl looks SO wrong.
    agree?
    Oops…forgot to say great post! Looking forward to your next one.

16. Flixer July 7, 2009 at 15:34 #

Aaw shame – little girl trying it out in the great big ugly world…. I think I’m gonna need popcorn for this one o_0

17. Kim July 7, 2009 at 16:13 #

She definetly tries too hard!!!!!! It’s just too much to not be right!

18. MEME July 13, 2009 at 22:23 #

The difference between Cassie and Rihanna is that Cassie actually knows how to dress…… before this haircut…… Cassie was effortless….. and her look was her own…. now…… I don’t know what she’s doin’ but she needs to grow the other side of that hair back…… I usually love her fashion sense…… now Rihanna….. her look is all behind the A&R’s at Def Jam….. this child doesn’t know how to dress…. her stylist has to pick out everything she wears because she can’t….. if you put Rihanna alone in a room full of designers……. no HONEY!!!!!!……

19. stilettolover91 August 18, 2009 at 05:37 #

I think she is gorgeous!!! I love the hair, and think only she can pull off this look!!! The dress is very sexy as well!! I like the shoes too, do you know who makes them??