I haven’t wanted to talk much about Emma Watson’s red carpet appearances for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince”, because I’ve been worried about building the whole thing up only to be let down.

I shouldn’t have been worried because Emma looked cute but yet still grown up at the London photocall this afternoon wearing a drop-waist Proenza Schouler Resort 2010 dress paired with Giuseppe Zanotti platform gladiator sandals.

I absolutely love the  stunning jeweled neckline.

The look was modified from the runway version as Emma opted out of the striped top and the thin belt. She totally works the look to suit her style.

After many of you hated Emma’s recently editorials because of the make-up, you’ll be happy to see that she has kept her make-up light and fresh for this occasion.

I think this is a perfect look for her. She has set the bar high. Let’s see if she can keep it going.

What do you think of Emma’s look?

[nggallery id=109]

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Emma Watson's Closet - Giuseppe Zanotti Platform Gladiator Sandals

In Emma Watson’s Closet – Giuseppe Zanotti Platform Gladiator Sandals

Who Wore BCBG Max Azria Better? Garcelle Beauvais, Arielle Kebbel or Elsa Pataky

37 Responses to Runway To “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” London Photocall- Emma Watson In Proenza Schouler

1. Justme July 6, 2009 at 17:59 #

Interesting dress. Maybe I would’ve like it with other shoes.

2. Ally July 6, 2009 at 18:01 #

I love her personal style. The dress is perfect for her. Age appropriate, flattering and seemingly effortless. Also, she is stunning, so clearly she doesn’t need the amount of makeup magazine stylists cake on her face.

3. Barbara July 6, 2009 at 18:07 #

i think she is really pretty.

4. Stephen July 6, 2009 at 18:10 #

Different shoes would’ve been a chance for a pop of color

5. marvel July 6, 2009 at 18:17 #

I really like this look as she looks age appropriate and cute. I personally think that the shoes match well with the dress

6. Sasha July 6, 2009 at 18:23 #

Love her, and the make-up. She looks gorgeous.
    But what the heck is the girl to the left of her wearing?
    Green spandex and yellow stripped socks with a floral dress??

• Fashion Critic July 6, 2009 at 18:25 #

LOL you are right it’s tragic

• Chiara Popalopa July 6, 2009 at 20:18 #

Yeah I wanted to talk about it too. I mean Emma’s style is perfect, especially if you compare it to the girl next to her or her other costars…

• Boeshane July 6, 2009 at 22:19 #

Aww ! My eyes ! Poor girl, plus, I think she play a fashion-loving girl. Ron’s girlfriend.

7. robbie July 6, 2009 at 18:25 #

PERFECT! everything is just stunning.

a littlw question who the hell is that girl beside her with the pink floral dress, leggings, socks and coverse? someone has to buy her a mirror please.

• marvel July 6, 2009 at 19:06 #

lol

8. boogie July 6, 2009 at 18:42 #

I love this look!! I love it, love it, love it!! :))

9. cucucmber eyes July 6, 2009 at 18:45 #

she looks great, she looks sophisticated and young and fresh at the same time and her make up is just perfect :)

10. Lisa July 6, 2009 at 18:56 #

She’s gorgeous!

11. Jessica July 6, 2009 at 19:20 #

Emma looks so fabulous!! Love this girl!

12. tuğçe July 6, 2009 at 19:21 #

she looks really pretty here.gorgeous dress and i like emma’s hair and make-up:)

13. LolaSvelt July 6, 2009 at 20:43 #

I’m really not feeling this look. I love the top half, but it all goes downhill from there.

14. Kellyn July 6, 2009 at 20:45 #

She looks stunning, it’s a gorgeous dress and age-appropriate! The jeweled neckline is the perfect accessory!

But just as a side note, what on EARTH is that girl standing next to her wearing?? That is just so wrong…..

15. Natalie July 6, 2009 at 21:12 #

I love it! She’s so fresh-faced and glamorous, I’m really looking forward to see what she will wear next while promoting HBP.

16. Boeshane July 6, 2009 at 22:24 #

Not breathtaking, but nice and elegant. I like the dress as it’s really unusual, and the shoes choice is great. Not fan of the hairdo, it’s a little plain. But does this girl always wear white, black or blue ? I just looked all the post you did about her. She is so young.

17. AJoanna July 6, 2009 at 22:40 #

Awww, I LOVE this look!! I’m not really an Emma fan in general, but I adore this. It’s so cute and put together. Good job, Emma!

18. Lauren July 6, 2009 at 23:34 #

Emma looks gorgeous! I love how young and fresh she looks. Her makeup is is so natural looking, she is so pretty! And is looks like she has got her hair darkened! It looks really nice like that!

Jessie Cave looks a mess! What was she thinking when she put that on? The dress isnt too bad. But then she had to go and add on the tights and the socks and everything else!

19. nene July 7, 2009 at 01:28 #

She looks STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Pez Globo July 7, 2009 at 02:06 #

I love it, she looks perfect in a dress that is not what a girl of her age will choose for her red carpet moment.

21. Charliespearls July 7, 2009 at 08:11 #

she looks great, i love it

22. Flora July 7, 2009 at 09:36 #

Good on Jessie Cave for not conforming to what the fashion police think she should be wearing! She’s an actress, not a model. She has her own sense of individual style and that’s as rare as hen’s teeth these days when every teen star seems to have a stylist before they even get their first role. The media seem to care more about what a star is wearing than whether they actually have any talent. (Emma is a case in point). Leave Jessie alone!

• Anne July 7, 2009 at 15:32 #

wrong. And Emma looks gorgeous as always!

• Flora July 7, 2009 at 15:50 #

“Wrong” is your opinion. What are you actually saying is wrong, anyway? Don’t you think she should be allowed to wear whatever she wants without people pointing and laughing at her snidely like twelve year olds?

• Lauren July 7, 2009 at 17:26 #

Flora you are on a fashion site. What do you expect us to do? The people who visit this site are here to give their opinions on the clothes celebrities wear. We are not going to come here and comment on how much talent they have. And thats hardly an individual style. Where I live plenty of people dress the way she is dressed. My sister would dress like that if she though Id let her get away with it.

If you want to read comments of us talking about how talented she is, go to a fansite of IMDB. Not a fashion site.

23. Alice[*] July 7, 2009 at 10:38 #

She looks very very nice and young ;)

24. Jesse July 7, 2009 at 12:06 #

It’s a nice look, especially comparatively, lol. But I think I prefer the dress with the sleeves and not that fond of her shoe choice.

FC, did you see her on Jonathan Ross? Her shoes and dress choice were great on that.

• Anne July 7, 2009 at 15:34 #

Yes, it’s a fab dress and she looks fantastic!!
      FC, I really love your site! The best!

• Fashion Critic July 7, 2009 at 15:46 #

thanks Anne :)

25. tanya July 7, 2009 at 16:20 #

love her on the red carpet! more emma please!

26. cari July 7, 2009 at 19:35 #

awwwww, would that all young starlets looked so wholesome and sweet!

dear emma,

i know that you are beautiful, young, and talented. everyone is clamoring for your attention and trying to lead you off the road to happiness with all kinds of glitz and glamor. people will try to corrupt you, but you just SAY NO!

SAY NO to: drugs, alcohol in excessive amounts, eating disorders, sheer skirts, boys with video cameras, the jonas brothers, girls who need to be told every other five minutes that they are pretty, emotionally distant boys that act like jerks to get attention, professional athletes, way older men, bobby brown, paris hilton, and lindsay lohan.

SAY YES to: college! films you believe in! classically timeless and beautiful fashion choices like burberry with controlled excursions into choices like rodarte. travel! philanthropy. family. old friends.

there is NOTHING glamorous about being a skinny, overly tanned, drugged up hollywood skank with implants, tattoos, and your own reality tv show. i promise.

love,
    cari

27. whitestroke August 1, 2009 at 19:52 #

I really like this.

However, I have to say that the runway version of it, and the runway shoes with it, make the outfit even more hip and young. I don’t know why she shied away from it.

Also, her hair COULD be more edgy.